Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 22.

“Lyn”

I grunted, turning around and burying my face in the pillow.

“Baby, you need to wake up.”

“Or not.” I muttered, covering my ears with my hands and sighing deeply.

“Come on...” he said, shaking me awake. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

“What time is it?” I asked with a yawn.

“Nearly ten thirty. The twins are with Brian, he came to pick them up like an hour and a half ago.” he said and I nodded.

“Good, I didn't wanted to see any of them today.” I said as I stretched my arms above my head and yawned again as Billy was still sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at me worryingly.

“What?” I asked.

“Sometimes I worry about you Lyn...” he started, “Aiden is acting like an ass, you don't eat much, you don't sleep much most of the time and you work non stop even when we are supposed to be on holiday. Don't deny it, I saw you with your laptop sending emails to whoever is working at the label during your absence. Maybe you should take a break for a while you know...”

“But I'm already on a break.” I replied.

“Excuse me but with the kids around this is nothing like a goddamn break! Aiden is treating you like shit, he even insulted you in front of everyone! This has to stop!”

“What do you want me to do about it, huh? Lock him in a box until he calms the fuck down?! I have no control over him and you fucking know that so stop talking about Aiden!” I said my voice raising before I shook my head. “Just let it go Billy, just leave it be...” I muttered as I threw the covers away and got up, ignoring his sighs.

He knew better than to talk to me about Aiden when I wasn't even fully awake. I know Aiden, I know his problems but there's nothing I could do about it, I wasn't going to medicate him so he would calm down, I don't want him to be a complete zombie. I must be a masochist to put up with his shit, but he is my son and regardless of everything he did and will probably do, I'll always love him no matter what.

I locked myself in the bathroom, took off my PJs and stepped into the shower.

**

I was sitting at the table, eating breakfast when the front door opened and Celia came running in. she jumped on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck, squeezing me tight.

“I love you mummy!” she said, nuzzling her face in my neck just as my mother and father walked in.

“We went for a walk because she couldn't stand still and we knew you had to sleep.” said my father as he kissed my cheek.

“Thank you.” I replied, smiling at my parents and then hugged Celia close to my chest, kissing her cheek.

“Mummy, I went to the beach this morning with grandpa and grandma and they bought me ice cream.” she said, a big smile on her face.

“Oh really?” I asked, looking at my parents who looked at each others before focussing on something else, pretending they hadn't done anything.

“Yeap yeap!” she said, “Where is Aiden?” she asked.

“With Brian.”

“Again?” she asked, and I nodded.

Her face fell and she pout. I hugged her closer.

“I'm sorry baby, but you understand that they need to spend time with their father, right?”

“Yeah...” she said, nodding slowly, “I just miss them...” she whispered, biting her lip.

“Hey baby girl!” said Billy as he walked in the kitchen.

“Daddy!” she squealed, jumping off my lap to hug her father.

“How are you?” he asked, picking her up and kissing her cheek.

“I miss Aiden and Angelina” she said in a sad tone and Billy glance at me as I got up and grabbed the phone. I needed to swallow my pride and do this for Celia. I dialled Brian's number while glancing at the note on the wall with his messy handwriting with his number underneath.

“And I ate ice cream!” she explained. I smiled and then focussed back on the phone call I was about to make. I didn't spoke to him after our little argument, I just waited until Billy said that we should go home.

“Yeah?”

“Brian?”

“Speaking.”

“It's Adeline.”

“Oh hey... How are you?”

“Not bad, and you?”

“Good good... Is everything alright?”

“Yeah... I just wanted to ask you a favour though... Can I come over? Celia wants to see her brother and sister, but if you have something else planned, it's okay...” he cut me off.

“No problem, Nat is out, so it's just me and the twins and we weren't planning on doing anything today. Maybe we could go to the beach?”

“Yeah, why not! At what time do you want me to come over?” I asked, looking at Celia who was trying to explain the important choice of ice creams flavours to her father.

“Right now? If that's okay with you... We can grab something on our way to the beach, if that's alright with you...”

“All right, I'll be there in about thirty minutes. I just woke up.” I said, feeling the need to explain.

“ No problem, see ya!”

“Yeah, see ya.” and I hung up, turning around to see my parents, Billy and Celia looking at me.

“What?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. My parents said nothing and pretended to have something to do in the living room, taking Celia with them.

“I'm going to the beach with Celia, Brian and the twins. Do you want to come?” I asked, taking the empty bowl from the table and rinsing it in the sink.

“No, I think I'll make a few phone calls, to set things up with Joel and Benji, I'm leaving tomorrow remember?” he said softly. I smacked my forehead.

“Goddamnit!” I muttered, “I can always call Brian and cancel the whole thing, I understand if you wanna spend some times with Celia.” I said, taking the phone. Billy shook his head and took the phone from my hand, putting it down.

“Listen, that's what we are going to do... You go and spend some time with your kids, I stay home and maybe you could ask Matt to look after Celia tonight? and maybe ask Brian if he can take care of the twins? I'd really appreciate it if we could spend some alone time together... Maybe we could go to Los Angeles this evening, we sleep in a hotel or whatever and then we spent the day together at the studio and you drive back here in the evening?” he suggested.

I didn't even think, there was no reason to.

“Sure! Let's do that!” I said happily as I pecked his lips and then made my way to the stairs since I had 20 minutes left to get ready.

“Can you call Matt and Brian?” I asked, already half way up the stairs.

“Will do!” he said as he grabbed the phone. I smiled and hurried to the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you! so much for the comments on the last chapter =]
You rule! =D