Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 27.

“Brian? It’s Lyn. Can you keep the kids tonight, I’m not feeling well and I’m staying at Benji’s.” I said, holding the phone between my shoulder and ear.

“Okay, no problem. But are you okay?”

“Just eat something bad I think, but Billy doesn’t want me to drive tonight, you know how he is with cars…” I whispered.

“Yeah, I remember Cha telling us about your accident. Well, just rest and come back when you’re feeling better okay?”

“Yeah okay. Thank you Brian.”

“No problem Lyn, see you later.”

“Bye Brian.” And I hung up, laying down on the mattress and resting my head on the pillow.

“Are you okay baby?” asked Billy as he opened the door to the spare room he was staying in at Benji’s.

“I’m been better, I just need to sleep I guess.” I whispered, rubbing my temple.

“Do you want me to call a doctor?” he asked, sitting on the bed.

“No, I’m okay… I’ll be back on my feet after a good night of sleep.” I said, trying my best to smile.

“Lyn, I hope it has nothing to do with what I told earlier.”

“Of course not Billy!” I said, sitting up on the bed, and then held my head in my hands. I couldn’t believe he could think something like that!

“Okay, okay! I was just asking, lay down Lyn.” He said, concerned.

“I think it’s the pizza…” I mumbled, closing my eyes, hoping the pounding would fade away.

“Just rest Lyn.” He whispered, kissed my cheek and then left the room, closing the door behind him.

**

Aiden’s POV.

We were on our way to Matt and Val’s house for a barbecue. Mum was supposed to meet us there, and maybe Billy would tag along. Then I would kill him too.

I sighed in frustration, pretending I as still cranky from the 3 hours sleep I got last night, when in fact I was just angry. The anger was boiling through my veins and I was afraid I was going to blow up at any moment and on the wrong person.

Mum was my goal. It was her fault.

I closed my eyes, trying to block the tears that were begging to sneak their way down my cheeks.

I don’t cry. Just like Mum. She told me once that she never cried. I can bet you whatever you want that she was going to cry today. She was going to beg me not to do it.

Brian parked the car and we all got out. I was careful not to crumple the envelop I was hiding underneath my T-shirt. I dug a hand in my pocket, checking if it was still there and smiled as I felt the cold metal under my fingertips.

She was going down today.

I couldn’t help but noticed her car parked in the driveway, between Zacky’s car and Johnny’s. Dad opened the front door and let us in.

“Hey mum!” said Angelina cheerfully.

“Hey.” She said, hugging her.

“are you feeling better?” asked Dad, hugging that woman that calls herself our mother. Dad told us that she was sick yesterday. Too bad she didn’t die.

“Yeah, thank you.” She said, smiling slightly and hugging him.

“Did you like my drawing?” asked Celia as she spotted her father. I wanted to laugh, if that poor girl only knew!

I headed in the kitchen before anyone could talk to me. I quickly waved at everyone before heading outside in the backyard. I sat on a deckchair, looking at the water.

Will they be scared if the water suddenly takes a pretty shade a red?

I smirked. That could be awesome! Everyone scared shitless, and the infamy that’s supposed to be my mother, drowning in her own blood. I rubbed my hands together.

I couldn’t wait for her to come and ask me if there’s something wrong with me.

**

Adeline’s POV.

I was searching for Aiden and finally spot him in the backyard. I was about to go and see him when Matt caught my attention by screaming bloody murder at the sky. It was raining.

“Fucking clouds!” he muttered, threatening the sky with a spatula. Everyone ran inside and the living room was crowded. I had forgotten about Aiden as I was chatting with Val about her pregnancy and with Nathalie about her upcoming one.

I had been severely mistaken, she wasn’t as fake as she looked. She was kinda nice, and maybe my opinion about her wanting to have a baby was wrong. Maybe she truly wanted one for her and to make Brian happy.

“Mum!” I turned my attention away from Nat and looked at Angelina.

“It’s raining but Aiden is still outside.” She said, rolling her eyes.

“I’ll go get him.” I said as I excused myself and headed towards the sliding doors that lead to the backyard.

“Where are you going?” asked Brian as he saw me about to go outside when it was pouring.

“I’m going to tell Aiden to go back inside, I won’t be long.” I said and then sneaked outside as Brian nodded and went back to his conversation with Billy. It was good to see them talk and not glare at each others.

I wrapped my arms around me and headed to the other side of the garden where Aiden was. He wasn’t sitting on a deckchair anymore, he was standing next to the little gate that leaded to the beach. He had his back turned to me but I knew he was starring off in the distance.

“Aiden?” I called, hoping he would hear me but he didn’t move. I kept walking until I was standing at the edge of the pool, just a few feet away from him. I tried again.

“Aiden?”

He turned around.

**

Aiden’s POV.

It was raining, but I couldn’t care less. At least now I was sure to get her attention.

“Aiden?”

I smirked, took a deep breath and turned around, facing the person I hated the most.

“Come on, it’s raining! You’re going to get sick!” she said, holding out her hand. I starred at her hand for a few seconds.

“No.” I said, my voice strong.

“Come on Aiden!” she urged, taking a step closer. I took a step back.

“What’s wrong Aiden?” she asked, slightly worried.

I lifted up my T-shirt and took the brown envelop.

“What’s this?” she asked, “Is that what you were waiting for?”

“Yes, yes it is.” I said, smirking.

“Aiden, what’s wrong?” she asked, taking an other step closer and again I took a step back.

“This is the icing on the cake.” I said wryly. “This is the proof that you are nothing but a liar. This is the reason why I hate you so damn much!” I said and she dropped her hand to the side. She didn’t say anything and I knew I could continue, I had her full attention.

“I wonder if you have ever been able to tell the truth once in your fucked up life.” I paused to take a deep breath. “What happened between you and Dad that made you go your separate ways? What happened that was more important than your love for him? What made you start Perfect Nightmare and then drop it without a care in the world? What made you choose Billy Martin over our Dad?” I asked, my voice getting louder.

She stayed silent.

“What made you leave your family behind! What made you leave your friends! Why the hell did you choose Baltimore over Huntington?” I yelled. “Why did you keep our father’s identity from us for so long? And most of all, why did you lie about Celia’s father?” I asked and then I saw her face fell, hr eyes widened. She was lost for words.

“This” I said, holding the envelop in the air, “Is a paternity test I took the liberty to make.”

Her mouth opened.

“Why didn’t you tell us that Celia was also Brian’s? Are you going to keep lying your whole life?”

“No!” she whispered. “Celia can’t be Brian.” The way she said it, I almost believed her. Just like when she said that you could heal a wound by kissing it better… But I wasn’t a child anymore. I placed the envelop back under my T-shirt.

“Listen Aiden,” I shook my head and dug into my pocket, wrapping my fingers around it and slowly pulling it out of my pocket.

“I’m tired of your lies Mum.” I spat the last word. I pointed it at her and her eyes widened even more. “I don’t need you. I have Brian, I have Nathalie. She might be a little superficial, but she doesn’t lie straight in my face.” I said, tightening my grasp.

“Aiden, put the gun down.” She said in a strangely calm voice. I ignored her and pointed it to her chest. I would never thank Brian enough for having a passion for guns.

“Put it down.” She ordered, taking a step back. I shook my head and then I pointed the gun to my temple.

“AIDEN!” she yelled, taking a step closer. “Put that fucking gun down and let’s go back inside. I’ll tell you the whole story, from the first time I saw your father since the day we arrived in Huntington and you met him. And I’ll tell you why Celia can’t be Brian’s.” she said, her voice still strong. Maybe she didn’t get it, maybe she still thought I was joking. I put my index on the trigger.

Once again, she came closer.

“Aiden, you can’t do that. Kill me if you want, but not you. Don’t kill yourself.” She said, her voice breaking.

Was she aware of what she was saying? She’d rather die than let me kill myself? I hesitated for a second. No, that was only a distraction.

“Aiden, I’m not joking. You can’t do that. I promise I’ll tell you the truth, just… just don’t kill yourself.” She pleaded. Was she crying?

She was still really close to the swimming pool…

“Aiden, kill me.” She said, not blinking.

I blinked and the tears started to roll down my cheeks, mixing with the rain as she opened her arms and took a step back.

“Kill me Aiden, I know you hate me.” She said as she opened her arms wider.

I drop my arm.

“Kill me if you want Aiden, just don’t kill yourself…” she pleaded. I quickly adverted my gaze away from her face to see Angelina looking at us from behind the sliding doors. She turned around and tried to find our father.

I didn’t have much time.

“That’s what you get for telling lies.” I whispered.

I pulled the trigger.

She fell.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is it everyone.
This is the end of “From The Wreckage We All Rise”
I hope you liked it =]
Thank you all for your comments, you guys are amazing! I love you all!
And head over here for the sequel, but don’t do read it if you don't want, that’s only if you want to.
“Remodelling The Wreckage Of My Past”.

See you soon!

A <3