Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 26.

“Brian, you sure you don’t mind?” I asked, taking my jacket back from the chair I had thrown it on earlier.

“Adeline, no I don’t mind. I like living here better when the kids are here, it makes it seems just the right size with Celia running around and playing with Angelina and Aiden.

“I feel so bad for asking you this, they have been staying here for about a week or so… Is Nathalie okay with the whole thing?” I asked, running a hand through my hair. For the past week I’ve been dropping the kids at Brian’s then I was off to L.A for the day and then I was picking them from Brian’s, we would go back to my parents’ house, have dinner and then bedtime.

“She’s okay, and actually I can’t tell you how much I owe you for letting them spend time here.” He said, smiling. “You remember a few days ago when I told you how much I wanted more kids?” he asked. I nodded.

“Yeah, you said you wanted three kids.”

He smiled and nodded.
“Well, since the kids are always here, Nathalie realised that it would be great to have a baby of our own, she’s stopping the birth control pills.” He said, smiling brightly. I tried to keep my composure as I take everything in. “I’m going to be a dad again, and this time I’ll be around.” He said. “I hope it’s going to work.” He added.

I put a smile on my face and hugged him.

“That’s great Brian! I’m happy for you guys!” I said, ignoring the weird feeling in my stomach.

“Thanks, I’m so excited! I can’t wait for her to run into the room telling me that she’s pregnant or something!” he said. I laughed, he seemed genuinely happy.

“I’m going now.” I said, and put my jacket back on.

“I’m leaving guys!” I shouted, hoping the kids weren’t in the backyard or something and they would come and hug me.

“Bye Mum!” shouted Celia as she ran into the hall. She hugged me and then gave me a drawing. It was five men, two with guitars, one behind the drums, one with what looked like an other guitar but it was bass and one with a mike. In black letters it was written: Good Charlotte. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

“It’s awesome Celia, thank you. I’ll give it to Dad and uncle Benji.” I said. She smile brightly and then ran back in the living room.

“Are you going to L.A again?” asked Aiden as he appeared in the doorway.

“Yeah…”

He sighed, hugged me and then disappeared again.

I heard Angelina muttering something to her brother before she went to hug me.

“Bye Mum, and don’t mind Aiden. He’s jus pissed off because the mailman hasn’t show up yet.” She explained.

“Mailman?” I asked, an eyebrow rose.

“Yeah, it seems like Aiden is expecting something, he won’t live the window until he saw the mailman and then he runs to the mailbox, to check if there’s anything for him.” Explained Brian with a shrug. I frowned and looked at Aiden as he was sitting on the armchair, looking out of the window.

“Weird…” I whispered but then shrugged it off and waved at everyone. “Bye everyone!” I said waving and then opened the front door, walking to the car I had rent.

I should really start looking for a house and a car…

**

Aiden’s POV.

Mum had just left and I knew I had at least 30 minutes to spare before the mailman would show up.

“Aiden?”

I turned my head away from the window and looked at my father.

“Me and the girls are going groceries shopping, do you want to come with us or do you rather stay here?” he asked, putting his sunglasses on.

I had always looked up to him, he was my hero and now that he was my dad, it was even better. I smiled at him but shook my head.

“I’d rather stay here if you don’t mind…”I replied quietly.

“Nah, that’s okay boy. I’ll lock the front door though, if the mailman shows up while we are out, the backdoor is still open.” He said with a wink, and then waved and closed the front door. I heard him turn the key in the lock, locking me in the house.

He had no idea what was about to show up in the mailbox… No one knew. I smiled to myself and then decided to kill the time by exploring the house.

I walked up the stairs and stopped in the corridor. I decided to go in Dad’s office, which was also the computer room. Only me, Dad, Angelina and Nat were allowed in there, he said Celia was too young for what was in there. I guess he was hiding porn somewhere… I saw Jimmy sneak in a few times and coming downstairs his arms full of DVDs that hadn’t any pictures… I wondered if aunty Ash knew that her husband was borrowing porn from his best friend. I shook my head and then headed to Brian’s room. I opened the small purple box that was on top of the chest of drawers and took the key before going back to the computer room and opened it with the key.

I was allowed to do that, Brian showed me how to but today was the first day I was going inside the room.

I pushed the door open and was amazed by the size of the computer screen. I sat on the desk chair and starred at it for a second, wanting to log on Youtube but then in the reflection of the tiny mirror hanging next to the screen, I noticed something shinny behind me. I turned around and I had to gasp.

Now I knew why Brian always locked the room and why Celia wasn’t allowed in there.

**

Adeline’s POV.

“Brian and Nathalie are trying to have a baby.” I said quietly as I took a slice of pizza. Billy brought me closer to his chest and kissed my temple.

“I’m sorry” he said.

“No, no don’t be. There’s nothing to be sorry for, I’m just suspecting her to do that because she’s feeling rejected because Brian spends whole his time with the kids. But that’s only my opinion.” I said, “And I’m afraid of Aiden’s reaction too… You remember how bad his reaction was when we told him about Celia.” I whispered, taking a bit of pizza.

“Don’t remind me…” he whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me on his lap, resting his head on my shoulder and taking a bit of pizza.

“I feel bad though… I’m completely denying them…”

“Has Aiden said anything yet?” he asked, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck.

“No, but he seems rather obsessed with the mail… Brian and Angelina told me that he was always waiting for the mailman to bring the mail, they said that he was expecting something but none of them knew what it is.” I said, taking the last bit of the slice.

“He’s probably expecting a magazine or something… Don’t worry about it.” He whispered, planting kisses on my shoulder blade.

“What’s up with you? You seem all happy and cuddly today.” I said, turning a little to see his face.

“Me?” he asked in a surprised tone. I frowned and he kissed the tip of my nose. “Nothing, I just love you.” He said, pecking my lips. I smiled.

“I love you too… But is there something special today that I should know about?” I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Nothing’s special today.” He replied, between kisses.

“Billy, is there’s something you want to talk to me about?” I asked, as he kissed my jaw. His head shot up and he looked at me.

“Actually, there’s something…” he said, smiling shyly.

“All right, I’m listening.”

He didn’t say anything for a few seconds, he only looked at me. Then he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his chest.

“I was thinking about having an other kid…” he said, playing with my hair. I tensed, my hands griping his T-shirt. I stayed silent, trying to steady my heart rate.

“Why now?” I whispered, not wanting to face him.

“I don’t know, now seems like good time. Everything is falling into place. Aiden and Angelina know about Brian, Aiden seems to be more ‘normal’ now that he is in California…” I cut him off, unwrapping myself from his embrace and looking at him.

“Billy, I’m still leaving with my parents, our apartment is in Baltimore, the school is there, my label is there, I don’t even have a car here!” I rambled but he cut me off by placing a finger over my lips.

“Listen to me. We could start looking for a house here in California that isn’t too far from Brian’s so it will be easier for the twins. As for the school, I’m sure the kids won’t mind leaving Baltimore to stay here. You can always move the label here in L.A and we buy you a new car.” He said, caressing my cheek.

“Did you stay up whole night thinking about it or what?” I asked. He chuckled.

“Pretty much yeah…”

“But Billy, do you remember how hard it was for us to have a kid, with my accident and everything…” once again, he cut me off and brought me against his chest once again. I tried not to cry as I remembered the hard period we had before Celia. I was driving back from work in Baltimore, and it was raining. A driver lost the control of his truck and it collided with my car. I stayed in the hospital for a month or so, both legs were injured and they thought I might never walk again. But fate was with us, and I was able to use my legs again. This accident decided us on having an other kid, but let’s just say that the accident had hurt me badly and it wasn’t easy to conceive a kid. I had two miscarriages before Celia.

Billy rubbed small circles on my back and kissed my hair.

“We can always try Lyn, please…” he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just one more chapter for this story =)
Thank you all for the comments =D