Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 3.

“Yes Mum, no Mum; probably…”

I let myself fall on the couch, holding the phone to my ear and listened to my mother asking me billions questions per seconds.

“Mum, mum, mum… please, speak slower!” I said with a chuckle. I heard her sighing before she started from the start once again.

“Yes mum, everyone is fine. No Mum, Aiden hasn’t changed. Yes, Billy is okay. No, I didn’t kill anyone, the reason why everything is calm is because Aiden and Angelina went to the mall, Celia is drawing in her room and Billy is buying groceries.” I explained to my mother, rubbing my face with my hand and suppressing a yawn.

“I don’t know Mum, I know you talked to Billy, he told me yesterday. I know mum. I’ll think about it. No mum, I don’t have any news from the girls or from anyone in Huntington except from you and Dad.”

Wrong move…

She started to tell me about Matt’s vocals problems, Jess’ new couch and Jimmy’s new drum kit… I couldn’t tell her to shut up, so I just listened, agreeing with her every once in a while and trying to react at the right moment as she was telling me about their lives…

“All right mum. I need to go now, I’ll talk to you later. Bye Mum. Love ya!” I hung up and threw the phone next to me on the couch before lying down, grabbing a cushion and putting it on my face.

I don’t know how long I stayed laying here, doing nothing but eventually, Billy came back. I threw the cushion away and got up to help him carrying the bags in the kitchen.

We put everything on the island before I started putting things in the fridge.

“Where’s the phone?” he asked, kissing my cheek.

“Somewhere on the couch…” I replied, taking a box of cereals and putting it in the cupboard.

“Let me guess, your mother called?” he asked from the living room.

I didn’t reply, I just kept putting the groceries at their places in the cupboards or the fridge.

“I’ll take that as a yes…” he said, coming back with the phone in hands and placing it back where it belonged. “What did she say?” he asked, sitting on a stool and looking at me.

I was about to reply when Celia came running in the kitchen, holding a piece of paper.

“Mummy, Daddy! Loo!” she said happily as she handed the paper to Billy. He smiled down at her, took it and looked at it before giving it back to her.

“Show your mother.” He said, ruffling her hair. She smiled and ran to me. I took the paper and looked at the drawing.

“What is it?” I asked, before looking at the drawing.

“It’s your home.” She said. “It’s California.” I looked at the drawing in my hands and saw a big bright yellow sun, the ocean and the beach. I tried not to show the pain that I felt in my heart as I watch the drawing. I could deny it as much as I wanted but the fact remains, I miss sunny California…

“It’s great Celia.” I said, kissing her cheek and putting the drawing on the fridge with the other. She smiled brightly and then ran back to her room.

“I’m gonna draw grandma and grandpa!” she yelled over her shoulder.

I bit my lip and let out a sigh. Billy simply looked at me, he opened his mouth to say something but the front door swung open, revealing Angelina and Aiden.

“Hi Mum, hi Dad!” she said happily as she dropped her bags in the hallway. Aiden shot her a nasty glare.

“Hey Angelina, Aiden.” I said smiling.

“Bye.” He said before grabbing an apple from the bowl on the island and headed to his room, slamming the door behind him.

One, two, three…

“I’ll try! She said as she walked away try not to loose you. Two vibrant hearts could change!

I knew it, he’s just so predictable. He always listens to A7x just to piss Billy off. He should just understand that Billy doesn’t give a fuck!

I rubbed a hand over my face and let out a heavy sigh. What did I do to deserve this? I didn’t do anything… Why can’t Aiden be like his sister? Huh, why does he have to be so goddamn fucking stubborn!

I don’t think he realise that this songs is older than he is! Unholy Confessions is just old and why does everyone need to listen to Avenged Sevenfold this time, huh? Angelina, Aiden and even Celia are fans…

“I can’t stand it anymore…” I muttered. I started walking towards his door, and I was about to open it and yell at him but decided against it. He just wanted to push my buttons. He definitely was a Sanders, there was no doubt about it… I groaned and rubbed my temples.

What could possibly calm him down?

Maybe if I could just buy him a custom guitar, the black one with white stripes, Syn’s one… Maybe he will behave, but for what, a day?

I shook my head and headed back to the kitchen, clenching and unclenching my fists. Billy immediately got up from his sit and wrapped his arms around me.

“It’s doesn’t matter Lyn. Just leave him be…” he said, rubbing small circles on my back, trying to calm me down.

“But it’s so frustrating! What the hell did I do wrong? Really? What did I do to make him hate me so much?” I asked, my voice muffled by Billy’s T-shirt.

“He doesn’t hate you, he’s just upset because he doesn’t know his father… That’s just it.” He explained.

“Mum, Aiden doesn’t hate you.” Said Angelina, touching my arm. “Oh what a prick!” she muttered as she let out a frustrated sigh and went to his room. She opened the door and closed it behind her. The music stopped.

“Why can’t you control your fucking temper?! Mum didn’t do anything, did she? You almost made her cry this time! You should really calm down!” she yelled. “I’m tired of your shit, try to understand her! Do you think it’s easy for her?”

I shook my head, unwrapped myself from Billy’s embrace and headed to my room just as Aiden walked out. I ignored him, walked to my room and closed the door behind me. I grabbed the grey remote that was on the floor and the CD started playing. It was Green Day old CD, American Idiot. Thinking that it has already 16 years was a blow… I mean 16 years ago I was still free to do whatever I wanted. I could stay up late at night, I could sleep all days. I could still play guitar and write songs… Now I didn’t have any seconds to myself. It was either driving the kids to school, driving Aiden to his guitar lessons, driving, working, driving, arguing, and then, eventually, sleeping…

Maybe Billy was right, I needed some holiday… My parents could always take care of the twins and Celia if I ever wanted to spend a few days by myself, or with Billy.

We kinda fell apart with the whole Aiden thing. It just wasn’t the same, I felt guilty for my son behaviour, I couldn’t help but wonder what I could possibly have done wrong… I gave up everything I had, I don’t think they realise… I haven’t touched a guitar in months if not years…

I really needed a break, and if it meant going back to Huntington for a while, then I’d do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for the comments, and also for reading this story!
It means a lot, really =)

A <3