Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 6.

I ran a hand through my wet hair, and made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen where Nicole was drinking coffee.

“Where are the guys?” I asked, taking the sit on the stool next to her.

“They went to the studio…” she replied, yawning. I chuckled.

Don’t think I’m rude for not saying ‘Good morning’, I just saw her earlier, during breakfast, then I went to take a shower.

“Oh shit! Mum!” yelled Angelina, as she jumped off the couch and looked at me, waving her arms in the air. “Come here!”

I laughed and got up, walking towards them.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, as I stood behind the couch.

“They’re having an A7x marathon!” said Aiden excitedly, and to that, Celia grabbed my arms.

“Come sit with us mummy!” she said. Nicole laughed and sat on the loveseat, her cup of coffee in hands as I sat between Angelina and Aiden, with Celia on my lap.

What was that? Was it something like: ‘let’s kill Adeline!’… Like going here wasn’t enough, I need to watch this… I closed my eyes and sighed as I heard “The River” starting…

They went through all the old videos: Bat Country, Beast and the Harlot, Afterlife, Dear god, Seize the Day, Almost Easy, Unholy Confessions, Warmness on the Soul, A Little Piece of Heaven…

It was a long and painful moment, sitting here and watching video after video… Aiden, Angelina and Celia were ecstatic when I just wanted to crawl up in my bed and sleep.

“Mum! See,” said Celia, pointing at the screen. “Synyster and Zacky are wearing gloves!”

I tried to suppress a moan as I rested my head on the couch and closed my eyes.

“Celia, this ain’t gloves, it’s fingerless gloves.” Said Angelina to her younger sister.

Please, someone save me! I wished, keeping my eyes closed and trying my best not to run out of the room.

In other circumstances, I’d probably watch those videos but not right now, when I just got back to SoCal. And plus, the videos they were showing were all old, like ten years old or more…

“I so want his guitar!” said Aiden, dreamingly.

I squeezed my eyes tightly, please… Make them stop!

“Who do you think is hotter, M.Shadows or Synyster Gates?” asked Nicole. I waited for Angelina’s answer but it never came.

I opened my eyes and saw Nicole looking at me.

“Huh, you were saying?” I asked dumbly.

“I asked you who do you think was hotter, Shads or Syn…”

She so had to be joking. My brother or my ex boyfriend? What kind of question is that?

“I don’t care. They are both okay I guess.” I replied, trying to sound casual. Then, I looked at her and she just realised her mistake. She brought her hand to her mouth, her eyes wide.

“Sorry.” She mouthed. I simply nodded shortly and closed my eyes again.

Now I remember why I never thought it would last between her and Joel… Her best friend’s Paris Hilton… And they both used to be in a show called ‘Simple Life’, let’s just say that it wasn’t the cleverest thing on the planet…

“Mummy, are you okay?” asked Celia.

I opened one eye and looked at my daughter. She was looking up at me with her hazel eyes, worried.

“I’m fine sweetie, I just don’t feel like watching TV.” I said, glancing at the TV to see that it was Afterlife playing. I whimpered, watching Brian playing with Zacky, the moment where he pointed at Zacky with his thumb.

“I so love this video!” said Angelina, smiling brightly.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and I swear, I had never been happier to be disturbed by the phone. I took it out of my pocket, and didn’t bother to look at the caller ID, I simply took the call.

“Yes?”

Fuck yes! I thought as I heard Billy’s voice on the other end. I got up and headed to the hall where I sat on the first step of the stairs.

“Where are you?” I asked, trying not to sound too desperate.

“On my way back from the studio, just wanted to let you know that your mother called me, she wanted us to come for breakfast Saturday, is that okay with you?”

And without thinking, I replied “Sure, no problem!”

“Cool, can you call her back? The guys wants to stop at Starbucks, I’ll see you in a few”

“All right, love you!”

“Love you!” and I hung up, sliding the phone back in my pocket as I got up and walked back in the living room.

“It was Billy, the guys stopped by Starbucks, they’ll be here in about 15 minutes or less…” I explained, standing at the doorway and looking at my children.

None of them was paying attention to what I was saying, except for Nicole who was looking at me while talking on the phone.

I sighed and decided to go outside for a while, away from Avenged Sevenfold. I lay on the deckchair, watching the clouds. I had nothing better to do really…

I just wanted to relax, away from everything. Well, not really away since they were just in the living room, but at least I didn’t have to listen to them gushing about Avenged Sevenfold.

Sometimes I wonder if Aiden would have been acting differently if I had told them who their father was, or maybe it would have been worst… Who knows?

We were at the beginning of July, the summer break had just begun… I just hoped I could enjoy my holiday for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
*gasps*
10 stars already? O_o"
Thank you so much! I mean it, THANK YOU!

Oh and did you watch Green Day's new video for their single "Know your enemy"? If you didn't, I suggest you to do so, it's just pure awesomness! xD

A <3