Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 9.

I was looking through my bag in search of something to wear while Billy was putting on a plain black T-shirt. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a Good Charlotte T-shirt. I had no idea where we were going, I didn’t know if it was a fancy restaurant or if we were simply going to the beach.

I searched through my bag and grabbed my black swimming suit, put it on and then put my jeans on and at the last moment decided to wear a purple tank top, tossing the GC T-shirt on the bed... I apply some black eye shadow, eyeliner and grabbed my cell phone and wallet.

Billy was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs, my jacket in hands. I smiled and kissed his cheek, taking my jacket from his hands and putting it on.

“Is everyone ready?” asked my dad as he opened the front door.

“Let’s go!” said Angelina, taking Celia’s hand in hers and they followed their grandfather.

“Where are we going?” I asked Billy as he took his keys.

“Outside?” he replied with a smile. I rolled my eyes.

“That wasn’t funny.” I muttered as we reach the car. He ignored my comment and unlocked the car.

“The kids are driving with your parents” said Billy as I watch Aiden, Angelina and Celia getting in the grey car parked in the driveway. Aiden was wearing dark baggy jeans that were going to fall from his hips in any seconds, a studded belt, a black T-shirt with a deathbat print on the front and a baseball cap on his head. Angelina was wearing simple jeans, a GC T-shirt and an A7x T-shirt. Celia was wearing a skirt and a sky-blue T-shirt. My mother must have chosen Celia’s clothes and she surely disapproved Aiden and Angelina’s.

Or probably not… I mean, she saw worse with me and Matt and like I said before, I had no idea where we were going.

“Lyn, come on!” said Billy as he started the engine.

I got in the car and buckled the seatbelt as Billy drove off, following my parents’ car.

“So, do you know where we are going or what?” I asked again as we turned left, heading towards the coast if remembered well.

“I know.” He replied, his gaze glued on the road.

I frowned, “And are you going to tell me?"

He looked at me for a second before we turned right. He didn’t reply. I sighed and crossed my arms, wondering where we were heading.

We had passed the park and we were heading towards the beach, which was all I knew. I tried to find clues of our destination when it suddenly clicked.

“No way! Stop the car!”

“What?”

“Did you really think… I was dumb? We’re in July!” I argued, my hand on the handle, trying to open the door but it was lock form the inside.

“Yes, we’re in July. And so what?”

“I know they are leaving before the end of the month.”

“Who are you talking about?”

“Oh stop that! You know who I’m talking about! I’m not going to Matt’s birthday since Brian's was last week!”

His eyes widened, “How did you know?”

I gasped, “You knew! You fucking knew and didn’t bother to tell me! Stop the goddamn car!” I yelled.

“Of course I knew and no, I didn’t bother to tell you. You’re stubborn and you’re childish! You knew it would happen sooner or later! You knew you’d have to face them! Remind me, how old are you?”

I glared at him, my mouth slightly open, “How dare you!”

“Oh come on Lyn! You knew you couldn’t avoid them forever. He’s your brother and I know you miss him and the girls. Stop trying to look so strong when you’re not. You’re not perfect Adeline, no one is and we all make mistakes. You’re just like everyone else, you have your weakness…”

Closed my mouth and looked down at my lap.

“And so do I…” he whispered the last part and I gaze at him for a second, wondering what he meant before I dropped my gaze again.

He was right, I missed them… I missed Matt, Val, Zacky, Johnny and Jimmy’s craziness. Jess’ temper, Cha’s motherly instinct, Ash’s craziness…

I missed the sun, the beach and the ocean.

The car stopped and Billy killed the engine. I took a deep breath, my gaze still glue on my lap as I grabbed the handle and got ready for what was going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a lot for all the comments on the last chapter =D

Love Lies On A Gravestone, new story ^^" feel free to check it out, and maybe leave a comment ? ^^"

A <3