The Beginning of Forever

Surprise

“I can never be sick of this.” I leaned back in my chair. “Emily once again, this is the best breakfast I’ve ever had.”

“Thanks, but you said that last week. And the week before that. And the week before that.”

“What about the breakfast you had that I made? Remember your first day here?” Karen asked. Yes, Karen was there. Not Dad. He understands that for my sanity he should keep a distance. Karen is my dad’s way of watching me without actually watching me. I had to give him that much after we made our understandable agreement.

“That was good. But Emily’s meals are always more filling. Remember I still had two bowls of cereal after I ate what you made.”

“Sorry. I thought I was only feeding one werewolf that wonderful morning.”

“Well, Rory, as long as you all are going to be werewolves, I will continue to make extraordinary meals for you guys. You guys are my family now.”

“Let’s count that on forever.” I said. She giggled. Sam reached over to kiss her cheek without the scars. This I found was rare for him.

“Do these changes effect any big college plans?” Sam asked, getting my mind off my previous thought.

“Not really. It is kind of weird for me to say after all those years of studying. I didn’t really know what I was going to do. I was stuck between an accountant or a teacher. I’m not really for a boring job now so…”

“Why aren’t you extremely upset? You’ve always complained about anything lower that a B.” Jacob said, then he laughed. I glared at him. He took my plate and his and brought it to the sink.

“I wasn’t planning anything big. It’s not like I can’t go to this specific college or anything like that. I can go to a college here in Washington. Go to a teaching school and come back here to La Push. I could teach Geometry or Pre-Calculus. Mr. Tyler has to die sometime.” All Sam did was nod his head. “I could even take classes online.”

“It’s good that you’re not bringing your life to a complete halt babe.” Jacob said, snaking his arms around my neck, hugging me from behind.

“I’m driven.” I smiled.

“Speaking of driven. You wanna take a drive to Port Angeles? We can get you a dress for the Trevor’s party tonight.”

“Sure. We just need to stop at home and grab my wallet.” I stood up from the table, rolling down my sleeves.

“Rory. Your father heard about the Mathers’s party tonight. He figured you’d be going since you’ve mentioned Trevor a few times. He asked me to give you this.” She pulled an envelope out of her purse and handed it to me. I opened it and saw inside a small stack of money and a piece of paper.

Rory,
Inside is $500. Merry Christmas and happy dress shopping.
Love you,
Dad


“Thank you, Dad. I guess we don’t have to go home.” I turned to Karen.
“Could you tell my dad that I said thank you?”

“Sure, honey.” I leaned down to hug Karen. Weird I know, but she is the only version of a mother I had left. Well, there was Emily. “Be careful.”

“It’s Port Angeles. What bad could happen there?”

“You have no idea.”

Don’t start, Sam.

“Start what?”

“Nothing. Let’s get going.” He placed his arm in the small of my back to lead me out.

“I’ll see you guys later.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another week gone by. Next week I'm not going to be posting on Saturday. I'm going to Disney that week. Still don't care but I'm going to have so much fun with all of my friends. LOVE YOU!!

Questions = love
Comments = more love
Subscriptions = lots o' love

Love you guys, Taylor