The Beginning of Forever

I'm Happy

*Lorelei’s POV*

“So are you saying that I’m a werewolf?” I nodded slowly. I’ve been trying to convince her of this for half an hour. On top of that I haven’t slept since before I went to the Cullen’s, which was yesterday.

So far, I’ve managed to keep mine and Jacob’s engagement a secret. Not that I really want to but it’s probably best. We still have to get through Sam and Emily’s wedding. I don’t want to over power that. That’s why my engagement ring was on the chain around my neck.

All of us were crowded around Sam’s tiny kitchen table trying to convince Amelia that what happened to her wasn’t at all a dream. It was real. We were having a bit of trouble at first, but eventually she caught on.

“Okay.” She said.

“You believe us?” I asked, hopeful. She stared at me for a second, and slowly started to nod.

“Yeah, I do.” We all let out a huge sigh of relief. I swore I heard Paul say finally, too, but I ignored it. I was tired, and needed sleep. I laid my head down on the table. Jacob came up behind me and massaged my shoulders, which felt amazing. Sam sent everyone home, but I didn’t want to get up quite yet.

Jacob stopped massaging me and sat down at the table next to me. Sam and Emily quickly joined us. I picked my head up off of the table.

“So, Sam, when’s the big day?” Jacob asked. I squeezed my eyes shut, and reached for the ring around my neck. Why would he ask that? I knew what was coming next.

“January 3rd. Why? You guys already starting to plan yours?” He and Emily laughed. Jacob looked at me and smiled. I gave him a ‘why did you go there?’ look. His smiled quickly faded.

“Actually, Sam…” I said, unclasping the necklace to take off the ring. “Yeah, we are.” I put the ring back on my finger. It felt right. I smiled to myself, regardless of the current situation. Emily gasped in shock. Sam looked surprised at first, and then he smiled.

“Congrats, you guys.” He said. “I’m happy for you.”

“I’m more than happy for you!” Emily squealed. “I’m ecstatic. Let me see the ring.” I held my hand out to her. She admired the ring. “It’s beautiful. Did you help him choose it?” I shook my head, slightly surprised with myself.

“No, I didn’t. He didn’t tell me. He picked it out himself. It’s perfect.” I smiled at him after I realized his smile was huge. “But if it’s okay with you guys, I’d really like to keep this quiet for a little bit. I don’t know, but I feel a little off about letting it loose. I mean we don’t have the red one around anymore, but I feel like something big is going to happen.” Sam nodded.

“How long have you been having this feeling?” He asked.

“Since we went to the Cullen’s. I don’t know. I saw Renesmee and I loved her and all, but something didn’t feel right.” I looked over at Jacob. I could tell he looked worried. I grabbed his hand and rubbed circles on the back of it trying to reassure him.

“Okay.” He said. He checked the time on the microwave. “It’s getting late. You two should get home. Hit the sack.”

“With pleasure, Sam.” I smiled. Finally, sleep. I stood up and wrapped my arm around Jacob’s waist, while his went around my shoulders. “Bye, guys.”

“Bye. Congrats.” They both said, as we walked out the front door. Jake led us to his car and opened the passenger door for me to get in. He got in the car and hurriedly drove us home.

“Hey, what’s up with you, Fast and Furious?” I asked. He shook his head and smiled. He held out his arm for me to move over and curl up against him.

“Nothing.” He said. “I’m just really happy.” I giggled at my immaturity.

“What kind of happy?” I smirked up at him, and gave him a wink. He rolled his eyes at me.

“The kind of happy that reminds me that I’m going to have you around for the rest of my life.” He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead. “I love you, baby.”

“I love you, too.” I closed my eyes and drifted off before we even got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken so long. I just got back from New Jersey and it's been such a pain trying to get my brain on writing again after all the unpacking. You guys are awesome. Especially with your comments. They help me a lot.. :)))