I Arranged My Own Marriage

Chapter 10: The stroy about Cassy's Brother

Josh’ s pov

I was really interested in knowing as to what happened. Something like harassment, I would have heard from Kim, she would have asked me to help, or at least told me about later on, but I knew nothing of it, I was infuriated by that. I sat infornt of Cassy, with Brandon at her side. Everyone was somewhere in the house, but they were all close enough to be in hearing distance. Except for Sean, he went to see what Kim was up to, he said he’ll ask one of us later on as to what happen. Although I knew that if I listened to Cassy’s story, that I might not get a fair view, I would ask Kim later on in the day. ‘Josh you think this is a good?’ question Brandon. ‘Yes, now calm down, or she’ll suspect you, you know’ I told him assuring.

“So Cassy, are you or are you not telling us the story?” I asked her a bit impatiently. She sighed before nodding her head and beginning. Although the story, Brandon and I kept our faces blank. The story that Cassy told us, did in fact make Kim look bad, but the things she said wasn’t like Kim. She wouldn’t do it, not because it was her personality, but because of her parents, and her past childhood.

“There you go that’s it, that’s what the bitch did to my brother” she said while snarling. I saw Brandon’s muscles tense up, but I kept calm.

“Cassy, more then half things you said, I can’t believe” I told her.

“WHY THE HELL NOT?” she yelled at me.

“Because it isn’t her” I answered.

“JUST CAUSE HER PERSNALITY TOWARDS YOU-”

“If it were just her personality, I might have given what you said a thought, but it’s not her personality I’m looking at, it’s her past, and with what I know and you don’t, she wouldn’t do it, because of her STUPID PARENTS” I told with great resentment In the words parents.

“What would princess have issues with her rents for?” she said looking different.

“She had more then just issues, beyond that even, and you can ask her, not my story to tell, now I’m going to see Kim and ask her if that’s what really happened, anyone want to come?”

“No one need go anywhere”. Kim said from the door.

“So when did you come” stated Brandon.

“Near the ending” she said, knowing it was rhetorical question.

“Kim, wanna tell us your side of the story?” I asked. She thought for a moment.

“Can I trust Catharine not to jump at me, if she gets.. Upset?” she asked, looking straight at Catharine. I nodded my head. I noted from the corner of eyes that, Brandon snaked his hands and twined it with Cassy’s. Kim sat beside me.

“Me and Cassy’s brother Carl went to the sane school, we were in almost the same classes as well. This happened when you moved away. He hadn’t really noticed me, till gym some days after you left.” she paused to check I was still with her. I nodded my head for her to continue.

“Anyways, we got partnered together, for gym. Since I used to pair up with you and you weren’t there and his partner was absent that day, he ended up with me. At first he challenged me and found that I could keep up with him in the warm ups. Then came the real task, we had to do dance in gym. I didn’t understand why, but we had too. Since my partner was a guy, well you can think what Mrs. A would do.”

“You mean she made you guys PRESS UP?” I emphasized the word. Kim nodded her head.

“Well, I don’t know, since Carl was the star jock, she made it a little to intimate for us.” she paused before continuing again, recollecting herself for some reason.

“Well in one of the parts he got hard, and we had to practice these parts a lot. Mrs. A decided we would perform infornt of the school, so we had to come after school to practice. He told me one day, how he wanted me and I got creeped out. We still did the dance and after wards he asked me to go out with him, I said no, then he stalked me where ever I went out. He would come touch me, try rub on me and well, whatever Catharine said I did, that exactly what he tried. Even in school. It got pretty bad, to the point the tried to force himself on to me. That’s when I broke.” I looked up Catharine, she looked like she believed Kim‘s story, although I couldn’t understand why. She’s the one who called Kim a bitch. She let out an aggravated sigh. I turned my gaze back to Kim, seeing as I felt that Brandon was about to get primitive.

“He was warned, fined, and then charged. At first he was just warned, he left me alone for a week, before coming back, and this time he was pissed drunk, that time he got taken to court and fined. I didn’t want to do anything too rash, I mean any other time, Carl was an ok person.” she said without looking at Catharine, Kim was off in her own little world.

“But the next time he came for me was not later then 4 days, I was lucky the janitor decide to do his late checks.” She shuddered, closed her eyes, and opened them, fully composed, not letting us see any hint of emotion. Something wasn’t right, it was unlike her to cover information. Something happened, and she wouldn’t tell us. At that point Sean and Eric were in the room, watching us.

“Kim, what is it that you are hiding from me?” I asked her, calm and composed. Uncle Charls was in the room with Lily at his side. Kim looked at me, hard, assessing, and then replied.

“I am hiding nothing.” she said. Her tone revealed it all. I paused assessing her, before I asked her the question, which I knew she desperately didn’t want me to ask.

“Kim, what did your parents do?” I asked, hoping the best. She winced in response. I knew instantly that everyone noted it. I got up with out word, walked to the door, paused.

“Lunch should be prepared soon, everyone off to do whatever you need to, Kim, I believe Lilian asked you too look at list for her, and I’ll be back before lunch starts.” with that I left. I had so much to reflect. Knowing Kim, she won’t tell anyone what she went through with her parents. If anyone looked closely to her, like I have, they wouldn’t see a meek girl, but one messed up girl, who can be quite powerful, mind me. I just could never get why her parents were like that, even if she was used to it, I wasn’t.

Kim’s pov

I sat watching Josh leave, after about three minutes, no one had moved. I sighed, and got up.

“Lilian, I have looked at the list, may I come with you, when you go to get these? I would like some time out. Fresh air’ll do me good” I said looking at Lilian. Lilian, nodded her head.

“Hey, Cassy?” Cassy looked up and Brandon seemed tense. Everyone in the room seemed tense, when I called Cassy, even Cassy her self.

“For what happened, I don’t what I should do, but from what you see, I think I should do this. I am sorry” I said, leaving the room, not waiting for another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
ya... i don't know, i'm working on it.