I Arranged My Own Marriage

Chapter 19

Kim's Pov

I brought my new companion into my room and closed the door, by pushing my back against the door. I dropped him on the ground, and he joyously ran around sniffing my things getting used to the scent of the room. He looked so adorable, then he ran over and stood in front of me. I smiled down at him. He tilted his head, his tongue falling lopsided outside his mouth. He barked and then got up and chased his tail. I bent down to his height, or close to it actually.
"Would you like some food buddy?" I asked and he happily barked and jumped up licking my face. I laughed. "Love you too buddy, gimme a minute" . I said as I stood, and left the room, as the door closed. I quickly found my self at the kitchen, I was lucky that people were around or I would have taken a bit, to find the kitchen and then the way back. "Excuse me?"

Everyone in the kitchen turned and faced me. "Sorry no one who isn't apart of the family isn't allowed here" said a very stingy looking lady. "Oh thanks" 'should have know' I thought to myself. "Yola, that's the child, mistress brought in, she is apart of the family" said a man. Yola went pale, "my apologize". I felt delighted to hear someone say I was apart of the family. "Please don't apologize to me, I'd rather you not create a boundary between me and you, we all make mistakes" I said to Yola. Yola smiled back and she actually looked good. "How can we help you?" she asked. "I would like some dog food please" I said with a childish grin. "Grathe help the lady" She said to the man who spoke up before. "Yes mam" he said. As he left his pots on the stove quickly walking to the storage, and pulling out some food, in a bowl. He quickly strolled over to me. Handed over the food. "You'd have to excuse my wife, she havin some bad mood swings since her beginnin of 'er pregnancy". "No problem, I wish you the best of luck" I told her. She smiled.

I took the food and quickly ran to my room, feeling a burst of energy, I walked into my room, to find Ragard no where to be seen. My heart tightened as I began feeling frantic, but relief hot just as quick. He was by the bed sleeping. I lies the bowl and food beside him. I sat at the bed for a few minutes glancing around the room. Taking things in more to the finer detail now. When I noticed a desk and chair in the corner of the room. It was on the opposite side of the big windows. I walked over and sat down. I grabbed a paper and pen, I sat there my eyes closed. Letting my mind sink away. I thought of what has happened lately, understand my feelings. I wrote a couple of phrase on the page. Then they came the vivid once. I opened my eyes and looked down at the page it was tear streaked. I was crying and I couldn't hold it in. I was crying.

Eric's pov

"Before we find out might want to let Josh go for a few moments". I told everyone. Josh looked at me questingly. The image which came into my mind from the pup in Kim's room, flooded openly to everyone. She was crying, you can ell, by her shaking back. And you can almost taste her tears. She was in true pain. From what I didn't know. Josh briskly got up and disappeared. And he appeared in my mind by Kim's side. This was pouring straight from the pup's eyes. He held her and let her fall asleep in his arms. She did so quickly. Made me envious to see how much she trusts him. He laid her on the bed and soon joined us as did the pup.

"Now care to share the story" I said a bit tightly to him. Of course, no one notices. We saw the flash back start in josh's mind, from when he was a kid, he looked quite like a child. "This talisman will allow you to age like a normal human being" said a man. It was my father. " why must I do it uncle?" "Because my dear boy, no one else can, anyone else can jeopardize the whole mission" He told him. Little Joshua looked at him, with rebellion in his eyes. "What? You too chicken?" A young female voice floated in. Josh turned it was Dorelle. "No, I'm not. I'm not you" He said childishly. "I'm coming too aren't I?" she responded back smirking. "So what?" He questioned. "You don't see me complaining like some child". "Enough" It was Mr.Greylin who intervened.

"Remember, she isn't aware what we are, or what she is herself, we've given you this task, because we believe you can handle, far better then the others, we need you to constantly be aware of her, and her where about, what's happening to her, what she is doing, what changes are happening around her, changes happening with her, Everything. You must report EVERYTHING. Do you understand?" He said, they stood straight and nodded their heads. With that the flash back zoomed past to couple weeks later. A school bell rang. Josh ran out, ever so feeling and looking like a human, rather then an immortal royalty. "Well, don't you look unprepared for school like every year" He said to a girl who sat in the corner of the bus. Her hair covering her face. She looked up at him through her hair. Very dull looking crimson eyes, sought his. Looking so lifeless.

It quickly moved to a classroom scene. "Well look at this guys this shrubs got attitude" An older looking boy held josh by his shirt. They weren't aware of what he was and he was trying to control himself. "Leave him be!" Yelled a girl, it was Kim. Her red eyes were ablaze with life. "Or what? Are you gonna hurt me with your eyes?" the older kids laughed, dropping Josh. Josh sensed an over whelming power surround him, the older kids stopped laughing and stared at Kim, uncomfortably. To the naked human eye they can't see it but to josh's immortal eye, he saw it. Dully, vibrant colors pouring out of her and surrounding the older boys. "Let's go" One said leaving while others followed. They couldn't handle it. As they disappeared, Her powers vanished, without her knowing it just came and went.

She looked at josh. "Why'd you help me, after all the time I have bothered you?" She smiled. "Because you always stood up for me, and even though you bothered me, you did in a way a brother does when he cares for his sister. You cared so I stood for you, after all you are my friend", she said. He couldn't help but return her smile. Time once again zoomed by as we saw them getting close. But there was bits and pieces of the story he wasn't letting us see, it was as if he was purposely avoiding them for his safety. That made me curious. Then came when they were in grade 6, Dorelle entered the picture and we all saw how close they became immediately. Their charisma attracted each other and fit well. And further more zooms, into grade 8. "Ok Class meet…."