I Arranged My Own Marriage

Chapter 7:An apology, an explanation, and a confir

Brandon’s pov

“BRANDON” she called after me exasperated. I got up, and moved back slightly into the shadows of a large tree. My back hit the bark and I slide down and sat down in a ragged posture.
“DON’T COME NEAR ME!!!” I shouted. She stopped away from me a meter or two. I felt her flinch. I didn’t dare look up. I didn’t’ want to scare her when she saw my crimson eyes. I heard her sigh.

Kim’s POV

As I ran towards him, I noted that he was rally pale. My worry and guilt increased. He may have been a little inconsiderate when I met him, but that doesn’t give me the right to hurt him. I felt like this was all my fault. These kinds of things usually are.
“DON’T COME NEAR ME” he shouted rather harshly, reminding me of certain old memories. I flinched as a reflex reaction. I had stopped when he told me that.
There was silence between us. The only thing that broke it was the ripples of the creek and the birds chirping.
“I’m sorry” I said. I turned and a walked away, back to the house.

Josh’s pov

It’s nearly been an hour since Kim had gone after Brandon. Everyone sat down or stood fidgeting. The adults however had gone to discuss about matters and asked us to call them once they’ve or either of them had shown up.
“Was it truly ok to have let Kim go after Brandon?” asked Sean for the fifth time this hour. It was pissing me off. I was just about to snap when Dorelle answered for me.
“Yes, Sean it’s ok, just trust us!” As she said that, I heard the front door slightly open and very soft and faint footstep walk slowly towards the stairs. I sighed.
“Do ‘t bombard her and don’t close her up, just remain calm and welcoming”
“Why that?” questioned Eric. Both my aunts walked in at that time.
“She’s back, and something’s wrong” I said, making my way into the front room.
The rest followed behind me. She walked in and she looked sad. Just like she used to be. I swallowed remembering the first time I saw her cried. I prevented the others from seeing, but not Dorelle. ‘it’s ok’ she soothed me. With that said I went ahead with my pursuit.
“Kim?” I called softly. As I walked towards her. The family filed in and stood behind me, looking at us both. She looked up at me. Her cold gaze met mines. Chills went up and down my spine.
“Yes?” she said in monotone.
“It’s not your fault” I said. She looked at me with a pained filled face for a moment.
“Josh… who is Delroy?” she asked her face was composed to a face of no expression.

Eric’s’ pov

She looked different now. She made me even feel a little scared. I looked at the others. They all looked either a mixture of surprise with scare or and emotion that displayed they did not know what do in this situation. Dorelle on the other hand seemed calm. ‘I wonder if it’s the first time she has met her’ I privately thought. Josh to was pretty calm.
“It’s not your fault” said Josh. Her face went into a pain filled one. I wonder what she thought at that moment. I felt like I wanted to help her, protect her, and not dig in. In a snap her face was once again composed. She has good control over her image. As I watched her face I realized I couldn’t see the colour of her eyes. After a pause Kim spoke.
“Josh… who is Delroy?” she asked wth a face empty of emotion. Josh singed deeply. ‘guys I don’t want to explain it to her’ he thought. ‘I’ll do it I replied back’.
“Truthfully, I don’t know about Delroy much or the bond between him and Brandon” he said, with sincere tone. ‘you’re a good actor’ thought Dorelle. ‘wasn’t I always’ said Josh.
“Delroy is Brandon’s best friend” Everyone turned to look at me. When Kim’s and my gaze met her eyes sent a shock of electricity into me.
“Best Friend?” she questioned.
“Ya, a best friend that till recently, we believed was dead.” To this she gave an emotion. Her face grew in surprise.
“What?”
“Delroy’s father had got in to deep trouble. Delroy got caught in the cross fire and was killed, that was what everyone thought happened” I said.
“The thing is when Delroy got killed, a done away body was left. It wasn’t possible to do a DNA check so they did a dental, the cops I mean” said my brother Jeffrey.
“It said that it was in fact Delroy, maybe the cops are wrong” said Josh. She looked at us a minute longer. Her brain processing the information I suppose, before nodding her head.
“Not curious of details” questioned Damien. She shook her head.
“Then smile for us” said Sean. Her face lit into a great brilliant smile.
“Kim, I’ve left a list in your room, please do look at it and see if it’s ok” said Lily. Kim nodded her head,, before going up stairs. As soon as she was on the second floor, Dorelle spoke.
“you lot lied?”
“Yes, we do not protect our kind” I said.
“true” said my mother. With that we were going to turn back and go off to do what ever that we need to when Brandon walked in.

Brandon’s POV

I walked in to the front room, being unable to contain myself. I did not understand why she apologized. I couldn’t believe this was happening. I felt like cheering up a human. Sure I do it at school, but that doesn’t mean I do it a lot. I thought it was pretty stupid to help human’s, so what was I doing going to her? I didn’t know.
“Brandon?” questioned Dorelle. I looked up at her. My eyes were back to normal.
“Where’s Kim” I asked.
“she went to her room” replied back Josh.
“alright” I said heading toward her room.
“Have you fed yet?” asked Sean.
“No.”
“I think you should before entering Kim’s room” he said, tossing a bottle of blood. I drank it, walking towards her room. I heard hum a song, a slow sad song. I had my hand on the handle of the door and I was going to open the door. As I did, I got the most weirdest surprise. As I opened the door and slipped in, Kim flipped around and was stunned shock. ‘oh my god!!! She is …wait!’ I thought. She was about to scream when I finally reacted, after a minute that is.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you enjoy, i will update one more chapter and then call it a day, i hope you enjoy, and soon coming out with more.