Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Breakfast

I woke up to the birds singing. Today was going to fucking fantastic, I could tell.

"Ooh, getting comfy with Zacky?" I heard Emily's voice say. I should've locked my door.

"No, he needed somewhere to sleep." I said. "That explains the arms," she said pointing.

Sure enough, Zacky had his arm wrapped around my waist.

"He's asleep. He didn't know what he was doing," I said getting up. "And your outfit?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"It was hot," I lied. "Whatever," she said walking away.

I quickly grabbed another outfit, and I changed into it.

I ran downstairs, to see no one was awake besides me and Emma.

"Lazy guys," I heard Emma mutter.

She was staring at Johnny, who was sleeping peacefully.

"I just want to wake him up," she said softly. "Just so you can tell him good morning, right?" I asked.

She nodded.

"You should've seen how happy he was to sleep with me," she said giggling. "You made Johnny a very happy man," I said smirking.

She shrugged.

"He's made me happy more than I ever will for him," she said walking into the kitchen.

I followed her.

"Let's make something," she said. "Pancakes and eggs, sound good?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I'll make the batter," I said. "I'll wait," she said sitting down.

I looked over to Emma.

She looked like shit, no offense. She had a worried look plastered on her forehead. She looked like she was arguing with herself.

"What's wrong?" I asked getting the ingredients. "Nothing," she mumbled. "Tell me," I said.

"It's nothing," she said quietly.

She wasn't a good actress, and I think anyone could read her fairly easily.

"Please tell me," I said walking over to her. "I want to leave," she said.

"Leave?"

What was she talking about? Did she want to get out of the house or something? Was Johnny effecting her that much?

"I want Mom," she whimpered. "I do too," I said. "I'm gonna call Child Services," she said.

My face scrunched up.

"But what about the guys?" I asked. I didn't want to leave any of them, even Jimmy.

I looked at her.

"I don't want to leave either, but I do want to leave." She said. "Just wait, we're almost adults. We'll move out soon enough," I said.

I was hoping that bit of information would keep her here with me.

"It won't ever be soon enough for me," she said.

I looked at her.

"You never wanted to please them, did you?" I asked slowly.

How did I not realize this sooner?

"What?" She asked looking up at me. Tears were sliding down her face.

"It was never for them," I said. "What?" she asked.

For once, she actually seemed like she didn't know what someone was talking about.

"You behave good, you did good in school, you pretended to be the happiest girl just for me," I said.

She shook her head.

"I was happy," she said. "No, you weren't. You never was," I said.

"I should've seen it sooner," I said. "I never wanted you to worry about me." She said. "But I did. I never wanted you to pretend." I said.

She stayed silent.

"We'll go to Mom's after we graduate, and everything will just fine." I said hugging her. She hugged me back.

"Now let's cook for the guys," I said.

She nodded as she got the eggs out. Matt slowly walked into the kitchen.

"Morning," he said rubbing his eyes. "Morning," Emily and I said at the same time. "God, I love twins." He said sitting down.

I just smirked.

"Morning," another voice said. "Morning, Johnny." Emily said. "Morning," I said.

Johnny's face lit up.

"Breakfast made by Emily, yum." He said. "Thank you," Emily said.

I ignored the fact that I was cooking, when Emily was flirting away with Johnny.

Soon Emily and Johnny went up to her room, to flirt some more. Matt and I had an awkward silence, while I made breakfast.

"You and Brian still good?" He asked. "Of course," I said smiling. "Both of you guys love one another?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Yup, we love each other." I said finally done with the pancakes.

I started on the eggs.

"Do you think I should make sausages too?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I think so too," I said getting some from the fridge. "Why did you agree to go out with Brian," Matt asked.

"Because he's a good guy," I said. "That's it?" he questioned.

I began to feel like I did a crime now, and Matt was some laywer that had to question me. It was rather awkward.

"No, I know he would treat me right. He'd never hurt me no matter what. He's not exactly the type you bring home to mom, but I love him." I said. "Oh," was all I got back from Matt.

Soon enough, I was waking everyone up.

"Brian, wake up." I said shaking his arm. "Don't want to," he mumbled. "I made pancakes," I said.

"Eggs?" he asked groggily.

"Yes, with eggs and sausages." I said smiling. He got up.

"I love you," he said walking over to the kitchen.

I walked over to the passed out Jimmy. I would wake him up last. I walked up the stairs.

"Johhny, Emily, breakfast is ready." I said knocking on the door. "Okay!" Emily yelled.

The door opened, and her hair looked crazy.

"Have fun?" I asked.

Johnny had a huge smirk on his face.

They both ran downstairs.

"Wake up Jimmy for me," I said.

I went over to my room. I breathed in deeply as I opened the door. Zacky was still asleep. I walked over to him.

He looked so cute. His face was completely relaxed, and for once he looked innocent.

I stood over him, just looking at him. I slowly sat down on the bed next to him.

"Zacky," I said softly.

He didn't even move. I shook his arm slightly. Nothing. I shook his arm, while saying his name. Nothing.

Come on, Sleeping Beauty, get up." I said. Nothing.

"Zacky, get your ass up!" Brian yelled from the door.

It made me jump, and Zacky finally woke up.

"Brian?" He asked. "Emma, but Brian did the yelling." I said smiling. "Oh," he said. "Breakfast is ready," I said getting up.

I went downstairs, before Zacky could say anything else. All the guys had already helped themselves.

I grabbed two plates, and I filled them with pancakes, eggs, and sausages.

"Making one for your lover?" Brian asked teasing.

He said it so only we would hear it.

"Actually, we're not lovers, but I am making him a plate. I don't want everyone else to come for seconds, and Zacky not to have any breakfast." I said. "Sure," Brian said walking into the dining room.

Zacky walked into the kitchen, looking asleep as he did earlier.

"Here," I said offering the plate.

He grabbed it, and we went into the dining room. It was quiet. Everyone was eating, and almost everyone looked like they were brain dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally another update.