Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Emily tells all

I woke up, and my head was ringing.

"Where am I?" I asked. "We're at Brian's house," Emily said.

My eyes slowly opened up. Emily was lying down next to me. We were in a dark room.

"What happened, when we got home?" I asked. "Do you not remember?" She asked. "All I remember is coming home, and the lights were on," I said.

"So you don't remember anything," she asked. "No," I said.

Was there something that I was supposed to be remembering or something. The look on Emily's face said yes.

"What happened?" I asked. "Dad came out, and he was really angry." She said. "Did the guys see him?" I asked, worried.

She nodded.

I felt like my soul was torn apart. They knew. They actually knew.

"What did they do?" I asked, frantic.

"They beat him up. Well, mostly Johnny and Zacky. Okay, it was just them," she said. "Nothing else happened?" I asked.

I wanted to make sure that nothing else had happened. Anything else would've just made me feel completely and terribly morose.

"Zacky told you something," she said.

"What?" I asked. I was most definitely worried now. Anything that involved Zacky worried me now. It was my first reaction.

"He confessed his love to you," she said.

My head blanked out

"H-he did? What did I do?" I asked frantically. "You fainted," she said.

My head slumped down.

"Why did I do that?" I asked myself. Emily rubbed my shoulder.

I couldn't believe that I actually fainted, after some guy confessed his love to me. Was that a good or bad reaction?

I mean, it could be seen in two different ways. One way was that I was just so shocked that someone like him would ever like me. The other was pretty much the same. The only difference was that it was a bad thing.

"God, I'm so stupid." I said. "No, you're not." She said. "Did you faint, when Johnny told you he loved you?" I asked.

She had no idea how I felt.

"Well, he hasn't said that," she said. "Well, did you fainted, when he told you he liked you?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"God, why didn't I do something else?" I said.

"You didn't know what to do. You were in shock, and the confession came out of nowhere. You aren't to blame," Emily said. "You sure? I feel terrible. I should've told him how I felt." I said.

"Well, you kind of are gonna tell him tomorrow." Emily said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Well, you did lose the bet." Emily said.

What was this girl talking about?

"Huh? Oh my god, so I have to kiss him," I said.

God, I forgot about the bet.

I shook my head.

"He probably won't even talk to me." I said. "Why not?" she asked, confused.

It wasn't hard to figure out.

"I fainted, when he confessed to me!" I screamed.

"You never know. He'll probably be worried about you tomorrow." She said. "Hopefully," I mumbled.

"We're not going to school," Emily whispered. "Why not?" I asked, concerned.

"Dad'll find us there," she said. "Are you gonna call Child Services?" I asked. I didn't want her to call them honestly.

"I have to. The guys are gonna make us, and Dad will eventually try to get the cops on the guys. We gotta do it for them, more than us." Emily said.

"But they'll drag us away from them," I said. "I know, but there's nothing we can do about it. It's either leave the guys or bear with Dad." Emily said.

"I can stay with Dad, but I couldn't let you stay there," I said.

"Let's go to sleep. We'll deal with this in the morning," she said. "Okay," I said laying back down.

I fell asleeping looking out the window.

What the hell was wrong with me?

I prayed to God that I would be able to face all of the guys tomorrow, especially Zacky.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was tiny, I know. The next one will be tiny as well, but hey at least I update pretty quickly, right?