Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Being watched

I woke up to Emily's humming.

New day," she sang. "Happy?" I asked her. "Yup," she said happily.

"So what are we going to do today?" I asked. "Two of the guys are taking turns watching us," she said. "Let me take a wild guess, Johnny's one of those guys." I said.

"Yes, and he said he's going to take me out to lunch and a movie." Emily said happily.

How could she act so normal after what happened yesterday. Sure, I don't remember it, but from what she told me, I think I'd rather not see any of the guys, especially Zacky.

I got up.

"Who's the other guy?" I asked. "Who do you think?" She asked. She had a smug little grin on her face. I didn't like it one bit.

"Brian?" I asked quietly.

"No, Zacky, of course! Brian and I made him. You do, afterall, have to kiss him. You lost the bet," Emily said.

I groaned.

"He won't even like the fact of watching me, let alone kissing." I said grabbing my head.

"I don't know his confession was pretty deep yesterday. He was probably worrying over you all night long," Emily said dancing around.

God, she was too happy. It was rather disgusting.

"Here, get dressed in this." Emily said throwing me clothes. "Whose are these?" I asked. "Zina, Zacky's sister." She said.

He has a sister?

I shrugged. I changed into the clothes. It felt snug on me, an almost perfect fit.

"Yay," I mumbled to myself. "What time is it?" I asked.

I looked at my watch, to answer my own question. It was eight-thirty.

"When did the guys say they'd be here?" I asked. "Around nine," she said smiling. "So what are we gonna do for thirty minutes," I asked.

"I don't know," Emily said slowly.

We both stopped to think.

"I can do your make-up," she finally suggested. "No thanks," I said.

I didn't like to bother with make-up. It was a waste of my time.

"C'mon, we never bond anymore. Just this once?" Emily begged. "Fine, but don't make me look like a whore," I said.

"Of course not," she said happily.

She grabbed her make-up bag from her purse. She told me to close my eyes, and then the longest thirty minutes of my life went by.

"You can open your eyes now," Emily said.

My eyes slowly opened. Emily handed me a mirror.

I was shocked. I looked so much better, and it disgusted me.

"God," I muttered. "Is it bad?" Emily asked disappointed. "No, it makes me look decent. I feel so bad about my normal appearance now." I said.

"No, you're pretty without it. Make-up just accents everything just right," she said.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

She did make me feel a little better. I couldn't believe that I looked so much better with just powder. Make-up made me feel so happy, only in the beginning.

The door bell rang.

"Is Brian's parents home?" I asked.

Emily shook her head. Emily went to go answer the door. I stared at myself. My mind was blank. I didn't have anymore comments about my make-up covered face anymore.

"Emma, Johnny and me are leaving. Come and get Zacky!" Emily yelled.

I heard the door slam shut, and I walked out of the door. Zacky was just standing there. He looked my way, and he just stared at me.

"Hi, Zacky." I said. "Hey," he mumbled.

An awkward silence filled the room.

"So about yesterday, I'm sorry." I said. "No, it's okay. I guess everyone can't love everyone." He said.

I was about to correct him, when he walked over to me.

"Just like Emily couldn't possibly have feeling for me, you can't either." He said.

He walked over to the room I just came out of. I followed him.

"Zacky, I don't remember anything that happened." I said. "So you don't remember what I told you?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Emily filled me in. I'm so sorry," I said. He shook his head.

"You don't have to be sorry. It's not your fault," Zacky said. "Yes, it is." I said.

Zacky sighed as he sat down on the bed.

"You look tired," I said. "I didn't get any sleep last night," he said.

He was rubbing his eyes, and he seemed so much like a child right now. It was rather adorable.

"Go to sleep," I said. "I can't," he said. "Why not?" I asked.

"I wouldn't be a very good watch, if I went to sleep," he said.

"I don't need to be watched," I said. "According to Emily, yes you do." He said.

"Just go to sleep or I'll tell Emily and Brian that you were being mean to me," I said. "But they'd tear me apart," Zacky said slowly.

"So go to sleep. I don't need a sleepy guard," I said, smiling.

Zacky finally agreed, and he laid down on the bed. I removed all the make-up from my make-up, it was starting to bug me.

As soon as I was done I sat down on the ground leaning against the wall. I didn't want to be a nuisance to Zacky, didn't want to wake him up.

I watched as his covered body rised and fell. I counted to one hundred hundreds of times.

My eyes seemed to drop, and I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next one will be very important, so read it carefully. I hope you guys liked this chapter.