Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Questionnaire

The car ride was very quiet, in the beginning. But it seemed like questions just began popping into Zacky's head.

"So why were even with that guy, in the first place?" Zacky asked, breaking the silence.

"First of all, his name is Eddie, and I was with him because you were surrounded by beautiful women," I said.

Zacky nodded.

"Why'd you take off your clothes?" He asked. "You took off your shirt," I said.

He nodded again.

"So everything was my fault?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"No, I should've known not to do it. I was just so hurt, I felt like doing what I thought would hurt you." I said.

"Well, you did a good job at doing that. You hurt me a lot," Zacky said. "You hurt me first," I said quickly.

He did, but I knew what I did was wrong. Like my mom had told me numerous times, two wrongs don't make a right. I hated that saying right now.

"So why did you take off your shirt, in the first place?" I asked. "I wanted to hurt you too," Zacky said.

I could see he was tensing up. He was clutching onto the steering wheel harder now.

"You did a great job at that. You almost made me cry," I said. "I felt terrible doing it," he said. "Sure didn't look like it," I muttered.

"Zachary, do you still love me?" I asked softly.

It was quiet again.

"Emma, I never stopped loving you." He finally said. His grip on the steering wheel was so hard, I could see the veins in his wrist.

"Do you really hate me?" Zacky asked.

I smiled. I expected that question to come up.

"Zachary, I never hated you. I just wanted to hurt you again," I said. I felt bad as soon as I heard the words leave my mouth. I was so very evil to him.

"I still love you, Zachary." I said.

"Could you call me Zacky?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Not yet, not 'til you're fully forgiven." I said. "Did kissing that guy, Eddie mean anything to you?" Zacky asked.

I almost started to laugh.

"Heavens no! It was like kissing a dog, except I love dogs. Well, I guess it was more like kissing a hand then," I said.

"A hand?"

"Yes, and he wasn't a very good kisser. Well, I honestly wouldn't know. He was only the second guy I've ever kissed like that," I said.

"So you're comparing his kiss to mine?" Zacky asked.

I nodded.

"You are a better kisser than him," I said. I could see Zacky's lips twitch.

"Zachary, I'm sorry." I said. "I've told you numerous times to never say that to me. If anything ever happens, it's always going to be my fault." Zacky said.

"No, this time it was my fault." I said. "No," Zacky said.

His tone was stern, almost like a parent talking to their child. It made me bite down on my bottom lip, but I continued on anyways.

"Zachary, I know what we both did was wrong, but I should've stopped. So I'm sorry, Zachary." I said. "I wish you would at least call me Zacky." He said.

"Not yet, Zachary." I said. "I hate it, when you call me that." He mumbled. "That's why I call you it," I said.

We finally reached his home. We entered the house, and we walked into his room.

"I'll sleep on the couch," Zacky said grabbing a blanket from his closet. "Don't," I said.

He paused at his door.

"I don't want you to leave me again," I said pleading. "I'll sleep on the ground, then." He said.

"Please no," I said. "Where then?" He asked. "The bed," I said softly. I gave him a small smile. "You don't know how horrible it was to wake up without you," I said. "I was only gone for one night," he said. "It still hurt." I mumbled.

It was quiet again.

"Zachary, did you know you have the most wonderful smell stuck on you?" I asked.

"What?"

He sounded so confused, it caused me to smile. He could be so adorable sometimes.

"You smell like cigarettes mixed with body spray. It's the best smell I've ever smelt in my life," I said.

A small smile was on Zacky's lips.

"It almost killed me, thinking that another girl was smelling you. That another girl could be possibly sleeping with you in your bed," I said. "I didn't bring her home," Zacky said.

"Good," I said. "Let's get changed," Zacky said.

I nodded.

Zacky gave me one of his t-shirts, which I put on right in front of him. Zacky's eyes weren't on me, and it made me sad.

Was he already not interested in me?

Zacky just took off his clothes except for his black boxers.

We got into the bed, not snuggling or cuddling at all. I fell asleep listening to Zacky's even breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awkward....