Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Dirty ***

"Please don't get a salad," Jimmy said joking. "Don't worry. I've got a big appetite today. I'll probably eat a huge sandwich by myself." I said smiling.

Jimmy and I scanned over the menu briefly, before we made our decisions.

"Are you two ready now?" The waiter asked. I smiled at him and nodded. "I'll get the All-American Burger," Jimmy said happily. "With regular fries or curly fries?" "Curly!" Jimmy said now smiling. "And for you, lovely lady." The man said.

He winked at me. I was confused. Was he hitting on me?

"I'll get a Chili Cheese Burger with regular fries," I said happily. I was so happy just to order my food, but there was another reason why I was so happy.

I was happy that other men, besides Zacky, actually found me attractive. Not like this waiter meant anything at all, but it made me feel good about myself.

"I'll get your food right away," he said happily.

I sipped at the drink a waitress had gotten me earlier. I finally looked over at Jimmy, who had a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I asked laughing a little. "That guy," Jimmy said shrugging. "What about him?" I asked with my own raised eyebrow.

"He was obviously into you," Jimmy said shrugging his shoulders again. "Well, I'm obviously not into him." I said quickly. "Good, can't have Zacky Wacky gettin' jealous." Jimmy said laughing.

"Zacky Wacky?" I asked slowly. "You've never noticed how crazy that kid is?" Jimmy said sipping his Coke.

"No, Zacky's perfectly sane." I replied slurping the rest of my Sprite. Jimmy just rolled his eyes. "So are we going to avoid the whole reason we got together?" Jimmy asked.

"No." "Good, because we need to talk about this thing, before you leave California." Jimmy said folding his hands together. I nodded.

"Here's your burgers." The waiter said setting down mine first. He flashed me a smile, and I smiled back. "Thanks," Jimmy said angrily.

The waiter look at Jimmy and then back at me. "Are you two together?" He asked.

I shook my head slowly, but I guess I didn't convince him. Especially with Jimmy saying yes.

"Of course we are! Why else would we be going out for lunch!" Jimmy yelled. "Oh, yes. Of course. I'm sorry," the waiter said walking away.

I glared at Jimmy. "What?" He asked shrugging.

I smiled at him.

"I understand that you don't want Zacky to get hurt or anything, but you should know that I'd never leave Zacky. Especially for a guy like that waiter," I said. "I know. I just wanted to show that asshole that you were unavailable, even if I wasn't really dating you." Jimmy said.

"Good lookin' out for Zacky," I mumbled. "I know," he said eating one of his fries. I smiled at him.

"Now let's talk about our situation," I said adding ketchup to my plate. He nodded.

"So why did you even make the bet with Clem?" I asked. "I honestly thought it'd be fun," he said shrugging. "Playing with people's emotions isn't having fun," I muttered. "That's pretty much what you and Syn did with Zacky." I nodded.

"I know that," I muttered. "So do you want me to get back together with Clem, then?" He asked picking at his fries. "No." "Why not?" He asked surprised. "I don't want you to hurt Clem anymore than you already did. She's in love with you, but I don't think you should get back together, especially if you don't have any romantic feelings for her."

"Good," Jimmy said softly. "So are you going to continue whoring yourself out?" I asked. He nodded. "I like feeling like a dirty whore." He said laughing a little.

I nodded. "Never felt it myself, but I do think you'd like it." I said chuckling a bit.

"So do forgive me?" Jimmy asked. He was giving me the puppy face, but it didn't exactly work on me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Sure, Jimmy. I can't be mad at you. You're just too adorable." I said smiling. His face lit up. "Good, now let's eat, fat ass." He said taking a bite of his burger.