Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Meeting M Shadows

I didn't have my next class with Brian, so we had to part. I didn't like it more than Brian. He met up with some of his friends, which made me feel left out.

He was expected to have friends, of course.

He was nice, caring, and gorgeous, but I wanted him for myself. Nothing romantic, but he seemed like such a good guy.

He was like a gay friend. I don't think he's gay anyways. He most definitely didn't look gay.

I walked to my next class, wondering if I had any more classes with Brian.

I sat down in one of the empty back seats. I sighed as I saw the class fill up with students. I closed my eyes, waiting for the bell to ring.

"Hello, Emma." I heard someone say.

My eyes shot open.

There standing with a wide smile was the jock who slapped me yesterday. I instantly glared at him.

"Don't glare. You look so much better with a smile on that pretty face." He said. He sat down in the seat to my right.

"You've never seen me smile," I said still glaring.

"Well, you could always show me. My time is always open for you," he said smirking.

I rolled my eyes as I mentally puked.

Stupid haughty jock, what was he even thinking? He was hitting on me, right? And he just slapped me yesterday. I was seriously hoping that he didn't think he was cute enough to pick up a girl like this.

The bell rang, and he turned his attention to the teacher.

Class went by, and I learned absolutely nothing.

I practically sprinted out of the room, trying to avoid that jock. I felt my heart sink as I heard heavy footsteps behind me. I quickened my pace, but he only sped up along with me.

"No need to run away, baby." He said grabbing onto my shoulder.

I sighed deeply.

"I'm not your baby," I said angrily. "Don't talk back or I'll have to beat the shit out of you," he said.

The scariest thing was he wasn't phased at all. He said those words so calm, like he said them everyday.

I stared blankly at him.

"Now that I've got your attention, Emma," he said smirking. I just wanted to walk away.

"The name's Josh, by the way." He said smirking. I felt myself about to puke.

This guy was so conceited, and it wasn't a good thing.

"Meet me at the mall at six on Saturday," he said with the smirk still plastered on his face. I couldn't take it anymore.

"No, I will not meet you at the mall. Nor will I ever be seen with you ever again. Now I have to go to class, asswipe." I said walking passed him.

I felt a lot better to be walking away from him. Surprisingly, he didn't stop me.

I had history next.

I felt my heart flutter. For some odd reason, I absolutely loved history. I could just stay up reading my history book. I don't care how nerdy that makes me look, but I just had to admit it.

I walked into the classroom, and I took my normal seat. I sighed. Although I loved this class, I wish Brian was here.

"Good job," I heard someone say.

Thinking they were talking to someone else, I kept on staring out the window. I felt someone tap my shoulder.

I turned my head slowly.

"Hmm?" I asked.

My eyes nearly popped out. There was Zacky with a grin on his face.

"Good job," he repeated. "For what," I asked confused.

"You know, telling Josh off. Not many girls could do that, let alone guys." He said smiling. I looked into his eyes.

God, he had the most amazing eyes I've ever saw.

"Oh," I said.

I think he expected me to say more because he just stood there.

"Oh, Emma!" I heard someone yell.

I looked over to see Emily.

"Hello, Emily." I said trying to smile. I did love her after all.

"I saw how you told Josh off. I'm so proud of you," she said hugging me. "Thanks," I mumbled.

She looked over to Zacky.

"Hey," she said.

He just stared at her. The look he gave her was so evil.

"I'll see you later, Emma!" She yelled running away.

"So you're that type of girl, eh?" Zacky asked with disgust. "What type?" I asked angrily.

How was he going to label now? First as a cutter and now what?

"You're just as preppy as her," he said pointing to the door. Assuming he was talking about Emily, I instantly glared at him.

"She's not preppy, and I don't ever want you talking about her ever again. You're not good enough to. No one is," I said glaring.

He glared back at me, and he walked away to a different desk.

I looked over to the window again.

No one was ever allowed to talk shit about my little sister, no matter how much of it was true.

I was only older than her by a couple of minutes, but I told myself I shoulder act older. She was a very innocent girl or she had the appearance of one.

I saw a bird. Not that it mattered, but it was a bird.

"Hey," I heard a familiar voice say. "Brian!" I said smiling.

There he was, my first friend. My smile almost completely disappeared.

Standing next to him was one very big and very strong man. His muscles were over-whelming.

I gulped.

"This is Matt. He's one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet." Brian said sitting down next to me.

"Oh, hello, Matt." I said holding out my hand. "Hey, Emma, was it?" He said shaking my hand.

I just nodded.

"So this is the great girl you've been telling me about?" Matt asked. He had a great smile. It made me melt everytime I saw it.

"She's as beautiful as you said," Matt said smiling.

I felt my heart die. I felt a blush creep up to my cheeks.

"Matt, you made her blush!" Brian said laughing. "Eh, it had to happen sometime. I am a very good-looking guy." He said smirking.

I just melted more.

When Josh smirked, it made me want to puke. When Matt smirked, it made my heart flutter.

The bell rang, and Brian and Matt both sat near me.

I felt so happy. I finally had another friend. Today was turning out to be a rather good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next one will be out shortly.