Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Normal school day

"What do you have next?" Matt asked me. "Spanish," I mumbled.

"3?" Brian asked.

I nodded.

"I do too!" Brian said. "Good, I don't think I could handle a class without one of you guys," I said sighing.

It was true. I didn't want to meet or talk to Josh or Zacky. They were both just a pain in my ass right now.

Brian and I walked to class happily, telling one other how much we suck in Spanish.

"I don't know how I even got to level three. I failed the first two," Brian said laughing. "Psh, I only failed the second one." I said.

He gave me a smug look, and it only made me laugh.

"Hey, you can meet Johnny now." Brian said. "Another friend?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Okay," I said nodding. We both sat down in the back seats.

"So do you have any pets?" Brian asked me.

I shook my head.

"My dad doesn't allow pets. He's says they're just a nuisance." I said softly.

I really loved animals, and I've always wanted a dog, a cat, something to love.

"Hey, Brian!" I heard someone yell.

I looked up to see a fairly short guy. His blond and black hair stood out so much.

"Johnny, you short motherfucker." Brian said laughing. "Hey, I'm the perfect height." Johnny said with a mock look of hurt.

"Sure, you are." Brian said. "Who's this?" Johnny asked. "Emma. She's a really cool girl," Brian said.

"Johnny," he said extending his hand out. "Emma," I said extending my own hand out.

We shook hands, and then he turned my hand over. He laid a small kiss on it.

"You can call me anytime," he said winking. "Johnny, you short shit. She'd never call you," Brian said laughing.

Johnny gave him a mock look of hurt yet again.

"Well, I never." He said sitting down next to Brian.

Spanish went by really quick. Mostly because me and the guys were passing notes to one another.

Turns out the guys are all in a band called Avenged Sevenfold. I had to say the name was pretty cool.

Brian was their lead guitarist, while Johnny was the bassit. Matt was the lead singer, and I thought it suited him quite well. He did look like a front man. Jimmy was their drummer, and Zacky was their other guitarist.

Oh, and they all have their own little cute nicknames.

Brian was Synyster Gates, Johnny was Johnny Christ, Matt was M Shadows, Jimmy was The Rev, and Zacky was Zacky Vengeance.

I thought the names were really cute, and Brian and Johnny stared at me like I was crazy.

"They're not cute, they're bad ass." Johnny said. "I think they're cute," I whispered.

The bell rang.

"Cute," I said louder.

He just shook his head.

"What do you have next?" Brian asked me, completely ignoring the argument me and Johnny was having.

"Ummm... Art." I said happily. "I do too!" He said excited.

"Fuck you guys," Johnny said walking off. "You gotta get used to the short fuck," Brian said chuckling.

I just nodded. He did seem nice though.

All of a sudden, Brian was tackled down to the ground.

"Brian!" I yelled.

But Brian wasn't hurt at all. In fact, he was laughing.

"God damn it, Zacky! You got me this time," he yelled laughing.

So Zacky just tackled Brian to the ground, and Brian was completely okay with it?

"Are you hurt?" I asked running over to Brian. "Yeah, I'll live." He said flashing me a smile.

"Good," I said sighing.

I looked over to Zacky, who was glaring at me.

"So I see that you're still hanging out with the fake girl," Zacky said. "She's not fake! I told you she isn't." Brian said getting up.

Zacky just scoffed.

"She hangs out with preppy girls and jocks," Zacky said. "No, she doesn't." Brian said angrily.

"Yes, she does. I saw her talking a preppy blond girl. They were friendly to each other and everything." Zacky said glaring at me. "Why does it even matter if she has friends like that?" Brian asked.

Zacky just shrugged.

"I just don't like it." He mumbled. "You don't even know me or Emily," I said glaring. "Wait, so you do hang out with preppy girls?" Brian asked.

He wasn't upset, he was more surprised.

"She's my twin sister," I explained.

Zacky's face lit up. He seemed surprised.

"You guys did look alike," he mumbled. "No shit," I mumbled.

I sat down at the table. Brian and Zacky both sat down.

"So you're gonna talk to me now?" I asked Zacky.

He just shrugged.

I heard a loud crash as I sighed. It scared me, and I jumped. I heard Brian and Zacky laugh.

"Shut up," I said glaring. "Hey, guys!" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Jimmy, you stupid fucker. What did you do to get Clem mad?" Brian asked laughing.

"I didn't give her a kiss, when we said hi this morning." Jimmy said laughing.

He took the seat next to Zacky.

"Oooh, who is this beautiful girl?" Jimmy asked raising an eyebrow. "Emma, and don't even try hitting on her." Brian said.

"Why not?" Jimmy whined. "Because I don't want to see Clem beating you up again," Brian said smirking.

"She was only able to do that because I ran into the wall," Jimmy said. It was his defense, but it didn't help him out much.

Class went by, and I managed to draw something.

I had to go to the other side of the room, though. I hated it, whenever people watched me draw. Not only was I horrible, I hated hearing critism.

I didn't care if it would help me, I just wanted to be right the first time. Not only that, but Brian and Jimmy were both desperately trying to look at my picture.

It wasn't anything big. I just drew a band full of random guys.

Although Brian and Matt were both in the picture, none of the other guys were in it.

I smiled as I drew each of them. Brian whined the whole time, when I told him I was drawing him. I didn't let anyone look at it, besides the teacher.

He forced me to show him. He nodded at me, in approval.

I walked out of the class with Brian at my side.

"So, Emma do you wanna go to one of our practices?" Brian asked. "What practices?" I asked.

"Our band practices," he said smiling. "Sure, I'd love to." I said smiling. "It's tomorrow after school," he said.

I parted with the guys, when I saw Emily.

"Hey," she said smiling.

She gave me 'the look'.

"What?" I asked nervously. "You've got some nice friends," she said circling me.

"So?" I asked.

I already knew where this was going.

"So any of them going out with you?" She asked stopped in front of me.

I shook my head. I mean, it was the second day I've been going to this school. That would've been impressive to already have a boyfriend.

"Darn," she mumbled. "Why?" I asked.

"Because I think you would look good with almost every one of them." She said smiling. "Really now?" I asked.

"Yup, especially with the one you're always with. I forget his name," Emily said tilting her head.

"Brian?"

"Yeah, there you go. He is pretty cute." She said.

"Well, Brian's like my best friend. I could never think of him like that," I said truthfully.

Honestly, Brian was hot, and he and I got along just great. I just didn't want to start going out with him to ruin everything we had together. We were way better off being friends. He was like my gay friend, yet again.

"Well, how about the short one." Emily asked smiling. "No way. Johnny's not even close to what I'd ever date. He's a good friend though," I said.

"So you wouldn't mind me trying to go out with him?" She asked. "You do realize he is a freshman?" I asked.

"Is that suppose to bother me?" She asked smiling. "I guess not," I said smiling back.

"So do you think I stand a chance to go out with him?" She asked. "I don't know," I shrugged.

"Does he think I'm preppy?" She asked.

I saw her disappointment.

"No, it's just that you guys haven't met. He barely knows about you. I'm sure once he knows you he'll like you." I said cheerfully.

I didn't want her to get sad.

"Really?" She asked. "Wait, how do you even know Johnny?" I asked.

"I see him around school. He has the most beautiful brown eyes, but I doubt he'd ever notice me. I'm just the preppy cheerleader to him," she said. "It's okay. You know what, come with me after school tomorrow. I'll take you somewhere." I said.

"Why? Where are we going?" She asked.

She still looked a little disappointed.

"We're gonna go to his band practice. I'll introduce the two of you," I said smiling.

Her face lit up.

"Thank you, Emma!" She shouted.

She gave me a big hug, and I began to wonder if this was a bad idea. I wasn't exactly close to Johnny, so I didn't know he'd react.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's weird not getting any messages, but I guess I can live with it. :]