Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

First time for everything

I woke up in the bathroom. My sides and arms were all sore. My legs hurt, and my throat was dry.

I looked up to see Emily. She was just shaking her head.

"I didn't want this to happen," she said. I stood up. "It isn't your fault. I did this to myself," I said walking passed her.

I got dressed in a black long sleeved shirt and black jeans that were baggy on me. I grabbed my Pantera jacket, and I left home.

As I was walking, I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Emily?" I said confused.

What was she doing?

"Don't you get a ride with Tania?" I asked.

"I'm tired of her," Emily said sighing. "It's okay. You honestly don't have to feel bad about anything." I said.

She just shook her head.

We walked together to school in silence. I didn't want her to feel as bad she did. I made the choice, and I didn't give her a chance to do anything about it.

She was as helpless as I used to be.

We both sat down on the bench, sitting across from each other.

"I should've spoke up," she said speaking to me for the first time in minutes. "You did what you had to. I didn't give you a chance to speak." I said shrugging.

"But you got hurt because of me." She said. "No, I would've got hurt either way. I saved you," I said staring at her.

Her face was full of remorse.

I just shook my head.

"This makes me feel terrible," she whispered. "Don't," I said.

Emily looked like she was about to say something, but Brian appeared.

"Hey, guys." He said sitting down next to me.

"You never explained to me what this is about." Emily said pointing at me and Brian. "We're going out," Brian said obviously.

He gave me a look of desperation. I guess he was really bad at telling lies to girls.

"We can tell her," I said looking at Brian. He just shrugged. "We have a bet," I said smiling.

"Ooh, what about?" She asked.

She looked more interested in this conversation than the time I told her there was a sales at the Sears near our house.

Brian slowly filled her in with the details.

"I like this idea a lot." She said smiling. "I know," Brian said smirking.

"Yeah, Brian's a genuis." I said. "How is he a genuis?" I heard Johnny say.

"No reason. He just is," I said hugging Brian. "Well, I think he's a dumbass." I heard Matt say.

"Why are you guys all against Brian?" I asked.

I had to play the role of a girlfriend, right? I thought I was doing quite well of a job too.

"Cause he is a dumbass. The only thing he's good for is playing the guitar," I heard Jimmy say laughing.

I guess all of the guys appear with one another.

I stood up, and I stretched my legs. Brian stood up too, and he hugged me tightly.

"Ow!" I yelled.

I pulled away from him, hugging myself with my arms. My body hurt all over.

"What's wrong?" Brian asked worried. "Nothing, I just hit a wall yesterday. So my arms are bruised." I said.

"You hit both of them?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Let me see," he said walking over to me.

"No," I said quickly. "Why not?" He asked.

"I don't like showing people bruises. Besides, I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt. I'd have to roll the sleeves up." I said.

I could feel someone's eyes on me. I could already guess who was staring at me. I was sure that it was a certain boy with jade eyes.

Brian just shrugged.

"Okay," he said.

The bell rang, and we all started walking to the school entrance. Brian walked me to my first class.

"I'll see you later," he said smiling.

He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, before he left me.

I sat down at my desk. The teacher still wasn't here, and on the board people decided to draw on.

"You can't fool me," I heard someone say.

I looked up to see Zacky.

"I don't know what you mean," I said looking away from him. "You didn't bump into a wall," he said.

"Yes, I did." I said angrily. I didn't need him trying to figure anything about me. I just wanted him gone.

"No, someone gave you those bruises." He said.

"You don't know what you're talking about." I said. "Who did it?" He asked me. "No one," I said.

"Did you do it to yourself?" "No!" I yelled.

I didn't care that half of the class was now watching us. Maybe I did care a tad because I found myself whispering now.

"I would never do that to myself," I whispered. "So who was it?" He asked me. "No one," I said between my teeth. "You'll have to eventually tell me," Zacky said sitting down at the desk to my right.

First period went by slowly, and I was more than happy to get out of it. I left Zacky at his desk as I walked out of the classroom.

Sure, he was in my next class, but I had to get away from him.

I found Emily in the hallway, talking to one of her friends.

"Zacky's asking too many questions," I whispered to her.

She immediately knew what I was talking about.

"Don't break," she said giving me a hopeless look. "I won't." I said walking away from her.

I walked into Physics, feeling fairly confident. Hopefully, Zacky won't bring anything up since Brian was in this class.

I sat down next to Brian, and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. Zacky was sitting in front of Brian.

Zacky shot me a glare. Brian hugged me, and he came in close.

"Look how jealous he is," Brian said chuckling softly.

I didn't laugh.

I knew why he was glaring. He wasn't jealous.

The class went by very awkwardly. The day went by in a blur. In fact, a whole week passed by.

Zacky hasn't said anything about my bruises, and Brian and I are still 'dating'.

I woke up to a bright morning. I was happy.

My dad and Tania had decided to go away on a trip, just the two of them. They left the house to Emily and me.

Emily was still pretty down about what had happened last Friday. I told her repeatedly it wasn't her fault. She just shakes her head at me.

"So are we going to have the sleepover?"

"Huh?" I asked.

I had been spaced out at the kitchen table.

"Are we gonna let the guys have a sleepover here?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Good, I want to see Johnny." She said smiling. "Why haven't you told him that you like him yet?" I asked.

She just stared at me. The look on her face was enough, she thought I just said the craziest thing she's ever heard.

"Have you looked at him?" She asked with her hands at her hips. "Yes, and he is quite short." I said.

I quickly reminded myself not to laugh. She would probably be pissed off at me, if I did.

"Coming from the person who's only 5'2''." Emily said smiling. "Hey, you're 5'1''." I said glaring.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not dating someone almost a whole foot taller than me." She said smirking. "You know we're not dating," I said rolling my eyes.

"I know, but still. I hope Zacky says something soon. I can't stand seeing you and Brian together." Emily said. "Why not?" I asked.

It was bugging me a for while now, how everyone was treating Brian now. They acted like he committed a crime or something. He was just dating me!

"Because every time you guys kiss, it's like I'm watching siblings kiss. It's very awkward for the rest of us," Emily said. "The guys said that?" I asked, shocked.

Maybe that's why they were so touchy, whenever Brian and I were around. I guess they were just uncomfortable with the fact that Brian and I kissed.

She just nodded.

"Well, I'm the one kissing someone that's like my brother." I said annoyed. "Then don't do it," she said simply. "I wish I could stop not, but I made a bet." I said, whining.

Emily just shrugged her shoulders.

We both got dressed, and we both helped make the house look presentable. We went shopping the day before, and we bought lots of snacks.

For some reason all of the guys had been acting weird around me. I told Emily about it, but she just shrugged her shoulders and told me not to worry about it.

I asked Brian about it, but he told me less than Emily did.

"It's ready," Emily said happily.

The phone rang, and I answered it.

"Emma?" I hear Brian say. "Yup," I said.

I tried my best to sound cheerful. I was just thinking that Zacky would be here. I wasn't sure how he even got invited. I was sure that Brian and Emily had something to do with it though.

"Are we still having the sleepover," he asked. "Of course," I said. "I'll be over in a couple of minutes," Brian said.

I hung up the phone.

Emily was checking how many blankets we had.

"Emma, we're one short." She said. "It's okay. You and Johnny can share one," I said winking at her.

Her cheerks went red.

"No, you and Brian will share one." She said walking away.

I hope she was kidding because that wasn't happening.

I heard the doorbell ring. I opened the door, and there was Brian smiling.

"Hey," he said. "Come in," I said.

He plopped down on our couch.

"So did you call the rest of the guys?" I asked.

He nodded.

"When did you tell them to come?" I asked. "Now," he said nodding.

Soon the doorbell was ringing again.

I walked over and sat down near Brian, letting him put his arm around my waist. Emily rolled her eyes, and she opened the door.

"Come in, guys." She said smiling.

I bet Johnny was in the front. Sure enough, the first one through the door was Johnny, who had a smile plastered on his face.

"Come on, don't you guys ever stop loving each other?" Johnny asked looking at me and Brian.

The smile on his face had disappeared by then.

I shook my head.

"I love Brian everyday," I said hugging Brian. "I love her every minute of any day." Brian said kissing my forehead.

Johnny made a puking motion.

"Disgusting," he muttered.

I knew what he meant. I didn't like Brian in any sort of way that we were portraying. I almost wanted to scream it out to the world that we weren't really dating. But I guessed that would ruin the whole plan.

All the rest of the guys all filled up the house.

"So let's drink!" Brian said. "Drink?" Emily and I said in unison.

We weren't planning on getting drunk at all. I wasn't planning on having anyone drunk on the ground of my house any time soon.

"Yeah, we can't have a sleepover without someone getting tipsy." Jimmy said. "It's usually Jimmy," Matt said laughing.

So it would be the giant to pass out on my carpet?

"Speak for yourself, Matt. You always get wasted," Johnny said laughing. "Well, you can say we all get pretty drunk." Brian said.

So they'd all be passed out then? That wouldn't be any fun.

"I'll go get the beer from the car," Jimmy said smiling. "I'll go too," Brian said.

It was an awkward wait for the guys. Johnny and Emily were busy flirting with one another. Matt and Zacky just stared at me. Not to mention that I didn't want Brian or Jimmy to get any sort of beer.

"What?" I asked irritated. "'Nothing," Matt said smiling.

Zacky just looked away from me.

"So you and Brian are happy, right?" Matt asked me.

I nodded.

"We're great," I said smiling. "You love him?" Matt asked. "Of course," I said.

I really did love Brian, but it was more of a brotherly and sisterly love. It's not like I was lying to Matt. He just meant a different type of love.

Brian and Jimmy suddenly burst through the door. Each had two packs of twenty-four beers.

"We're gonna have fun," Johnny said. "We don't drink," Emily said quickly.

I knew she would be the one to tell everyone about us.

"Really," Brian asked. "Really," I said.

I wasn't sure on how the guys would react to this, but I didn't think they'd be thrilled.

Brian just shrugged.

"You guys can just have one," he said.

I looked over to Emily.

"I've always wondered how it tasted like," she said. "We can share one then," I said.

"Share?" she asked. Her face looked slightly scared.

"Yes, we'll share." Emily said. She was probably trying to make it more clear in her mind now.

Brian tossed a beer my way, and I caught it.

I stopped to think about what I was doing. Nothing bad was going to happened. I was surrounded by my best friends and my sister. They'd make sure nothing stupid would ever happen.

I opened it, and I handed it over to Emily.

I could feel everyone staring at Emily and I.

"Why do I have to drink first?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"You know what? I'll share with Johnny. You can share with Brian. So if we don't like it, they can drink it." Emily said.

I nodded.

Brian threw me another beer, and I opened it.

"Same time?" She asked.

I nodded.

We both took a drink.