Bite Me

Enroute To Pete's Parents' House We Go

“Alright, where are we going?” Pete asked as Jon was driving us to Pete’s parents’ house.

“You’ll just have to wait and see. Jon and I are not telling.” I said sitting next to Pete in the back seat. After we had showered, I ate my muffins, and Pete drank his blood, we sat around for a few hours talking trying to kill the time until we could head out tonight. Now it was time for him to see his parents and I was so worried that Pete would hate me or we would end up back to square one.

I kept Pete distracted with Jon’s help by keeping him talking about everything he loved about Chicago. Pete and Jon were naming places they love to see or visit. Everything was going alright until we turned on a street that Pete was familiar with.

“Wait a minute!” He said staring out the window. “Jon, stop the car. I know where you guys are taking me and it’s not happening!” Pete said in an angry tone.

“Pete, you need to see your parents. They love and miss you.” I said pleading with him to see them.

“Pete, I know it is none of my business but haven’t you put them through enough?” Jon asked.

“You are right. It is none of your business and I can’t believe you lured me here to Chicago to what; have a happy family reunion, Amanda?” Pete said angry.

“Jon, don’t stop the car. We are going because they are expecting us, Pete. You can be so stubborn and that’s fine, but family is important. I will not let you stand by and shut them out because you feel it is best. You don’t have to tell them you are a vampire unless you want.

But it would help keep them out of danger if you saw them. I don’t have any family. Did you forget about that? I don’t have a mom to love and care for me. I don’t know my dad. I have no clue to even know where to start with finding him. You at least have two parents and a brother and sister who love you no matter what. So, Pete, are you coming willingly?” I asked with tears starting to form.

“I guess I have to now, don’t I?” He said staring out the window.

The rest of the few minutes it took to get to his house, we sat in silence. When Jon finally made it to Pete’s house and parked on the street in the front of the house his mom must have been waiting. She came flying out to meet us. My nervousness was now taking over because I was afraid she wouldn’t like me and Pete would stay mad at me. But in my heart I knew I was doing the right thing.