Bite Me

Friends Who Stick Together

(Bev’s POV)
“Joe, Amanda has been up there with Pete along time. I am getting worried. I mean she should have wakened up by now and it is almost daylight. We all have been sitting here talking all night about what happened that I lost track of time. Maybe we should go up there and check on Pete and Amanda. At least I haven’t heard any shouting or furniture being thrown.” I said to Joe.
Everyone was either sleeping on the couch, chairs, or up playing cards. We had talked all night and one by one we have kind of tuckered out. No one wanted to leave and we all made a pact to stick together with Beckett at large still. We were always to have someone with us at night and I don’t think that Joe minded that nor Erelin and Brendon who looked happy and content asleep on the couch. She had a smile on her face and he with his arms wrapped tightly around her.
Chrissy and Andy had managed to stay awake and were playing cards in the kitchen area. Patrick and Sam were asleep bunched together in a chair which looked so uncomfortable. Somehow we will all manage. My best friend lost her ex again but this time he will not be coming back. I just hope now she will get through this and I will be here if she needs to talk.
Joe and I whispered to Andy and Chrissy not wanting to wake up the others that we were going to check on Amanda and Pete. We walked upstairs and approached the door. Joe knocked.
“Amanda? Pete? It’s Bev and Joe to see if you guys are alright. Do you need anything?” I asked with no response.
We waited a few seconds longer and still no answer from either one of them. Joe turned the knob and opened the door. We walked in to see an empty room with the window open. Amanda and Pete flew the coop.
“Guys, wake up!” Joe and I yelled at the same time heading down the stairs as fast as we could.
“Huh?” Brendon stirred waking Erelin up.
“Amanda and Pete are gone!” I said gasping for air.
“What do you mean gone?” Patrick asked waking and sitting up with Sam awake now too.
“Where could they be?” Chrissy asked.
“I’ll call Pete’s cell.” Joe said whipping out his phone. He got no answer.
“I don’t think they want to be found nor do I know where they went.” Joe said scratching his head.
“This isn’t like them. They always tell us where they are going.” I said.
“You don’t think Amanda panicked when Pete left the room to get blood and took off and he went to find her?” Sam asked.
“He was still pretty hurt.” Erelin added.
Everyone ran up towards Pete’s room to look for clues to where they may have went or what may have happened to either one of them. We found clothes missing and as I looked out Pete’s window, Amanda’s car was gone too.
“Guys, I think they went off to be alone. Amanda’s car is gone. I don’t think she will be back for awhile.” I said walking out of Pete’s room.
“Hey are you alright?” Joe asked following me.
“Not really. Why wouldn’t she leave me a note or something? I do worry. I am her best friend. She isn’t in the best of moods right now.” I said going out of my mind.
“Beverly, I think she will be alright. Pete is definitely with her. Maybe they need some time and she needs to heal.” Joe said wrapping his arms around me.
“You called me Beverly. You and everyone else call me Bev.” I said.
“Well, it is your name isn’t it?” He asked. “I thought I would change it up a little.” Joe said trying to make me feel better.
“Patrick wants to call a meeting downstairs.” Sam said leading the way back to the living room area. It was daylight now so I was guessing that Amanda and Pete left right after he ate.
“I say since the slayer is gone temporarily and Pete with her, we need to protect the city at night. I say we go in groups.” Patrick said once everyone had made to the living room.
“I say that is a good idea. We need to try and stop Beckett once and for all.” Brendon chimed in.
“Yes and our motto is, don’t die.” Erelin said.
“We stick together and Bev when you get off work…” Patrick trailed off.
“I know that Joe and I will go patrolling after I get off.” I said ready to take on these monsters that roam our streets.
“Right, ok, then. We split up into two groups but switch off every other night. So group one will be Brendon, Erelin, Chrissy and Andy. Group two will be me, Sam, Bev, and Joe. I volunteer my group for tomorrow night’s job so group one gets the next night. We call on our cells if any trouble should be spotted and we always meet here before and after we patrol. Understood?” Patrick explained.
“Yes!” Everyone said in unison.
We were going to step up patrols and hopefully Amanda would be back in a day or so. She had to. Wouldn’t she be back?