Bite Me

Trust Us

(Pete’s POV)
I am so lucky to have my friends. It is so wonderful to have Amanda in my life. I am so nervous about tomorrow night but I am trying to keep it together the best I can for Amanda.

“Pete!” I heard Brendon say snapping me out of my thoughts at the dinner table.

“Well, if it isn’t Brendon who decided to make it finally.” I said picking at him.

“Yeah, sorry we got a little side tracked.” Brendon said blushing.

I looked over at Amanda who had Erelin sitting on the other side of her. Amanda was giving Erelin these looks before she jumped up and yelled, “I’m going to kill him!”

“Wait, what?” Brendon said getting out of his chair and moving around the table as Amanda was chasing after him.

“Amanda, stop!” Erelin yelled. “It’s not what you think.” She said getting up from the table and chasing after her.

“The hell it isn’t!” Amanda said as I grabbed her when she circled around by me.

“Pete, do something!” Brendon yelled.

“Amanda, calm down. Why are you after Brendon?” I asked calmly but eyeing Brendon. It was odd for her to do this. She always took up for Brendon.

“That sorry ass has bit my little sis. I’m going to kill him. He knows Erelin is like my little sister. Yeah, you so could control yourself, Brendon! What a liar.” She said pointing.

“It’s not what you think, Amanda. I wanted him to bite me. I wanted to know what it was like and I wanted to have what you and Pete have. I wanted to be closer to Brendon.” Erelin said.
I had a hold of Amanda so she wouldn’t attack Brendon still and I looked in her eyes. She looked at me as if I was in approval that it was alright. I didn’t agree but it was Erelin and Brendon’s choice just as Amanda wanted me to bite her. I let her go and she sat down in her chair.

“May I?” I asked Erelin as I wanted to check out her bite mark.

“Uh, I guess.” She said walking over to me and pulling her hair back.

“Nice job.” I said patting Brendon on the back who thought I was going to deck him or something.

“Um, excuse me?” He said returning to his seat.

“You made a small bite mark where she can hide it easily. Nice job, just be careful. Do I have to remind you?” I said scolding Brendon.

“Oh, no you don’t.” Brendon said easing a bit.

“Brendon, if you hurt her tonight in any way, I will come after you.” Amanda said defensively.

“Wow, Amanda is really jumpy tonight.” Joe said at the table.

I was about to say something but Amanda flashed this look of fire at Joe who quickly slouched down in his seat. If I have to drag her out of here I will. Something is very wrong with her. Why can’t I sense it?

“Amanda, don’t be mad at us, please?” Erelin said upset and almost in tears.

“Let’s um, have a toast before they bring our food.” Bev said trying to change the subject. “Everyone needs to stand and say what they are thankful for or what they love most. Joe and I will go first.” She added.

“I’m thankful for meeting and finding my beautiful fiancé who I helped rescue.” Joe said standing up and looking at Bev. Everyone raised a glass and took a drink of whatever we were drinking. Brendon and I just had to tolerate eating and drinking tonight.

“I am thankful for my best friend,” Bev said looking at Amanda, “And for the wonderful new friends I have made along the way.” I am also thankful for meeting my future husband.” She said leaning down to kiss him.

“Aw.” Most everyone said.

After everyone else had said what they were thankful for it came down to me and Amanda. I stood up leaving her for last. Amanda began to soften during everyone’s toasts.

“I am thankful for all my friends here. I love you all. I am not thankful for being a vampire, however, but I am thankful that it brought me to you.” I said looking at Amanda. “You mean everything to me and I want you to know that. I want you to remember everything from our fights to our make up sessions.” I said grinning and getting some side comments from Andy and Joe. “And I want you to know that I will always love you. I have been in love with you since we met whether I wanted to believe it then or not. I love your stubbornness, feistiness, kind and caring heart, your pretty smile, and you as a whole. I’d marry you if I could. There is nothing I would want more than to wake up and have you as my wife beside me.” I said trying to fight back tears.

“I know that this will not happen but I don’t want it to not ever be a dream. I love you with all my heart and I will always be in yours.” I said leaning down to kiss Amanda who was about to cry. “And I will find a way back to you.” I whispered in her ear as I sat down.

“Wow. How can I top that?” Amanda said getting up and laughing just a bit.

“I’m thankful for all the friends I have here tonight. Without you guys, I wouldn’t be who I am today.” She said looking at everyone.

“I’m thankful for you in my life, Pete.” Amanda said placing her left hand over her heart. “You have put up with me and I know I can be difficult at times.” She said.

“Boy that’s an understatement.” Andy said with him getting elbowed in the ribs by Chrissy.

“But, I love you too. We have had our ups and downs along with obstacles that try to keep us apart but we are stronger than that. I, I can’t do this right now.” Amanda said taking off out of the restaurant.

“Amanda, wait!” I yelled watching her leave.

“It’s alright Pete. Go after her.” Patrick said.

“Obviously something is wrong. She is upset we know but its not like her to act strange.” Sam said.

“Yeah, I want to know what her problem is!” Erelin said pissed.

“Calm down, Erelin.” Brendon said.

“She was going to attack you! How can I calm down?” She said.

“Bev?” I said giving her a look and she nodded in agreement to me.

“Erelin, I will explain what you have missed on Amanda.” She said as I took off after Amanda.

I didn’t have to go far. She was walking slowly outside of the restaurant. People walked by at night which I wasn’t used to seeing. It was really calm. No vampires out as Amanda had told me after her last vampire fight.

“Amanda?” I asked. She didn’t turn around so I grabbed her and turned her to face me.

Her face was pale like she was drained. She had made herself emotionally sick.

“Pete, what am I becoming? I can’t control how I am acting. It’s like half of my thoughts aren’t my own. I am only hurting the ones I love.” She said crying.

“Come here.” I said pulling her close to where she was crying on my shoulder.

“I’m losing you and I can’t deal and I don’t know. Help me, Pete.” She whispered.

“I can’t help you until you tell me what you wanted to earlier.” I replied.

“I can’t. I feel ashamed. I don’t remember much anyway. I’m in trouble though. I know.” Amanda said scared. “I can’t defeat Dracula now. I’m becoming what he wants me to be. He’s going to win. I am going to be his wife aren’t I?” She asked confused.

“Don’t talk like that.” I said. “Follow me.” I said getting her away from people out shopping late and eating. I pulled her into a dark alley that was illuminated by the moonlight. It was almost full. Tomorrow it would be.

“Lean into me. You trust me, right?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Amanda replied.
“Then act like you do. Trust in us.” I said.

“Wait, what are you going to do?” She said trying to pull away after seeing my fangs.

“I’m going to help you.” I said pulling her to me where I bit into her neck.