Bite Me

Checking Out The Competition

(Pete’s POV)
I watched Amanda get up and hurry downstairs for Jason. She had this glow about her that I saw her have for me once. It is hard to watch and take in but I want her to be happy.

I followed Amanda downstairs to hear her say, “Oh my goodness, he’s picking me up in a limo!”

“Just great, a show off.” I thought as I watched her look out the window to see that it was Jason.

She opened the door to find Jason wearing a nice shirt, tie, and slacks. He also gave her flowers.

“Jason you bought me flowers. That is so sweet of you, come in.” Amanda said.

Amanda walked into the kitchen to put the flowers in a vase with water. Jason and I just kind of nodded to each other a hello. I kind of just stared at him for a second, eyeing my replacement.

“So where are you two kids going?” I said trying to be nice and break the ice.

“I am taking Amanda out to Masterson’s for dinner and dancing.” Jason said.

“Oh that is nice I guess.” I said. Amanda loves to dance. I know she will enjoy it. I just wish it was with me and not Jason.

“So what are you doing here, Pete?” Jason asked curiously. “Are you and Amanda dating or something because I didn’t mean to intrude.” He added feeling awkward.

“No, we are not dating. Pete is just a good friend.” Amanda said walking over to Jason.

“I just stopped by to see if Joe was over here but I see he went out with Bev, Amanda’s roommate.” I said lying. Truth was I hadn’t been home to know if Joe was really going out somewhere with Bev. Amanda keeps giving me this look like I am supposed to be on my best behavior. I so hate this.

“Ready?” Amanda said to Jason.

“Yes.” Jason said extending his arm out to Amanda.

“Pete, can you lock up my place when you leave please?” Amanda asked me.

“Yes. I will lock up.” I said nodding at her.

Then I watched them leave, both of them smiling and laughing. I locked the door up and exited the way I came in through the window upstairs. I was going to leave Amanda alone but I was going to follow her.

She told me earlier she wanted no interruptions and that she wanted to have fun. So my gift to her for causing her so much hurt will be to keep the vampires at bay. That way she doesn’t have to slay and reveal herself tonight to Jason if any decide to pop up where they go. Amanda said she deserves to be happy and she is right. She is moving on from me and it is better that I keep it this way