Bite Me

The Perfect Date

I was so excited to be taken somewhere nice. I haven’t been on a date in awhile and I was nervous. Sure I had talked to Jason after his shows but that was just it. We talked for a long period but it wasn’t anything serious like a relationship. We were only friends. Will I still be able to talk to him?

“Jason this is all surreal.” I said.

“What is surreal?” He asked.

“This. I mean you bring me flowers and pick me up in a limo. And you are taking me to a fancy restaurant. You know it’s been awhile since I have been on a date. The last time I was even in a limo was for my prom seven years ago. I also haven’t had flowers in awhile either. It’s nice.” I said sitting next to Jason in the stretch limo.

“Well, I just hoped it wasn’t too much like I was trying to show off or anything. I just wanted our first date to be special. Amanda you are special. To be honest I was a little intimidated by Pete. I thought you two were a couple and I didn’t want to come between that.” Jason said.

“You have nothing to worry about with Pete. We are only friends.” I said giving him a reassuring look. Then I knew this couldn’t be happening. Pete was following the limo. I am so going to hurt him when I see him. He better not even come into the restaurant. Why would he be following me? I guess he is just jealous. But he is the one who decided to run away.

“Amanda?” Jason said.

“Oh, sorry. I just got lost in thought.” I said.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Jason asked.

“Oh, I was wondering if the food would be good here.” I lied.

“Yes. I love the food here. I thought maybe we could do some dancing too. They have a small jazz band and a violinist that play while you eat. Some people get up and dance on the dance floor.” Jason said looking in my eyes.

Everything sounded so wonderful. My heart kept pulling me away though as my head was telling me to like Jason. I was so confused at this moment. Pete needs to go away. He is clouding my mind.

“Ah, we are here.” Jason said getting out of the limo and helping me out.

“That is very sweet of you.” I said.

Jason opened the door of the restaurant for me and then saw that our reservations were held. The waiter sat us down by the violinist playing. Everything was so romantic like. I could get used to this.

We talked about our families some more and what it was like growing up. I asked him about his new cd coming out soon with Bryce and Rick. Jason seemed stoked to be recording again. We definitely had a love of music and shared some of the same classic bands and singers that we liked.

After dinner was served and over Jason asked me to dance. We slow danced to the wonderful band that was playing. I laid my head on his shoulder as we danced. Everything seemed right at that moment except for the nagging feeling of Pete spying on me.

When it came time to leave however, I felt a few vampires lingering outside. I turned to Jason to tell him to wait but it was too late. He had already walked outside and I was forced to hurry after him. But to my surprise the feeling went away and I knew since Pete was there that that was the reason he followed us. He wanted to make sure I enjoyed myself and had fun. And he knew I didn’t want to let Jason know I was a vampire slayer right away.

Jason hopped in the limo first which I was glad for. I turned around to look for Pete. I couldn’t see him but he was there hiding and watching.

“Thank you Pete.” I mouthed knowing he could see my lips move.

“Are you alright, Amanda?” Jason asked.

“I am now.” I said stepping in the limo.

Jason and I became chatter boxes all the way back to my apartment. He even walked me up to my apartment. I asked him if he wanted to come in but he politely declined because he had to get to the studio early.

“Amanda before you go inside I have a question for you.” Jason said standing in front of me.

“Sure what is it?” I asked.

“May I kiss you?” He asked.

“Wow!” I responded.

“I’m sorry was I wrong to ask that?” Jason said all worried.

“No, it’s just that no guy has ever asked me that before. They just lean in for the kill.” I said laughing but not at him.

“I guess I am just an old fashioned guy.” Jason said.

“Yes. I would love it if you kissed me then.” I said.

Jason kissed me on the lips and then on the forehead. His kiss was different but not bad. He certainly knew how to kiss. After he was done though I heard banging on the living room window to find Jason and I had an audience. Joe, Bev, Erelin, and Brendon were all smiling at us.

“Um, your friends spy on you often?” Jason said laughing but a little embarrassed.

“No, but believe me it won’t happen again. I promise.” I said embarrassed.

“It’s alright. Go easy on them. I will call you later is that alright when I get out of the studio tomorrow?” Jason asked walking towards the limo.

“Yes!” I said excited.

“I’m glad you enjoyed our date then. Goodnight, Amanda.” Jason said getting into the limo and waving.

“Goodnight, Jason.” I said and waved back.