This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Broken Wings

The next morning I got dressed wearing my Misfits shirt and some skinny jeans, then walked into the bathroom straightening my hair. Nick walked into the bathroom wiping his eyes. Again he looked totally cute as he stumbled around and was shirtless. I walked out and let him get ready. He soon walked back in his room. I startled him as I sat on his bed. “Do you need another ride?” I asked looking up at him.

“Yeah.” He lightly smiled.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” I giggled as he put his shirt on over his head.

“I’m just not used to a cute girl sitting on my bed.” He turned red as he fought it. I got up turning red myself.

“I still hate you.” I scowled as I walked past him.

“I know.” He nodded as he watched me.

Okay, so I started to enjoy the power I was holding over him. I knew he liked me now, and I was starting to like him again but I was still angry with him. I was just hoping he would make up for it.

We arrived at school and he walked in before me greeting his friends. Chelsea stood with Zach and all of the jocks. I greeted Chelsea but walked past Nick. He had already tried to apologize a million times already. I huffed and walked past him as he blurted an apology one more time.

I slammed right into Derek as I stared at Nick, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going and I started backwards as I landed on the floor hearing something gush behind me. I tried to sit up but my arm fell short and pain shot up it quickly. Nick ran towards me pulling me into his lap with his strong arms he hovered over me.

“Belle are you okay?” he grabbed my face. I was starting to cry from the outrageous pain in my arm and the complete anger I was feeling at Nick and Derek. I was so confused. “This is all my fault.” I heard him say under breath.

“No.” I gritted my teeth as Derek started to laugh stupidly.

“You should be marked ‘wide load”.” Derek shouted so everyone could hear as he stood.

I was in so much pain at the moment. Derek’s words didn’t even matter to me. I closed my eyes tightly as I leaned into Nick’s chest. My arm shot with an immense pain as I laid in Nick’s lap, and Derek was only laughing.

“Derek, leave Belle alone.” Nick yelled furiously.

“You’re defending her?” he laughed more. Nick shot him a look of pure hatred. I was confused by the sudden bravery he portrayed.

“Don’t make me hit you.” He threatened as I remained in his lap. My eyes flew open as I heard his voice get raspy and mean.

Nick caressed my face as blood came from my lip. I wasn’t sure why he was suddenly defending me but I needed help, and he was the one who gave it to me.

“You wouldn’t hit a friend would you?” he asked with a cocky grin.

“You are not my friend.” He shook his head yelling. “If I catch you even blinking at her, I will not hesitate to kick your ass.”

I looked up at him with a look of shock. “Nick.”

“He’s not bothering you anymore.” He looked at me and pressed me closer to him as we remained on the floor. “That goes for any of the people I’ve seen pick on her.” He looked around to the crowd gathering in the hallway. Derek walked away with his posse furiously and Nick smiled.

“I told you I was sorry.” He smiled.

“You didn’t have to do that.” I shook my head wondering why he defended me.

“I couldn’t stand it anymore, I didn’t want to hurt you in the first place Belle.” He shook his head putting his face in his hands. “I hated that look in your eyes when you were mad at me.”

“Then why did you make fun of me?” I asked holding my arm in pain as I say up.

He looked at me with serious eyes like he was about to say something but he stopped, noticing I was in pain. “Are you okay?”

“No.” I shook my head almost in tears from the pain in my arm.

“Please let me see your arm.” He replied softly with a worried expression.

I slowly pushed my body towards his and he reached out to take my arm and when he did I felt an immense pain shooting up my arm. “OW! That fucking hurts!” I shouted as he touched it. He quickly pulled himself away helping me stand to my feet.

“I’m taking you to the hospital.” He told me. “Let’s get your stuff and go to the nurse.” He touched my back softly pulling me close to him.

“Okay.” I nodded with tears streaming down my face. He took his hand off my back but remained hovering over me.

“I’m sorry Belle.” He apologized. “Derek’s been more of a jerk to you since he’s seen me with you.”

“He’s a prick anyways.” I shook my head still crying.

“I know, but he’s jealous. He thinks that we’re together.” He smiled at me.

“Seriously?” I blinked in surprise.

I mean I never gave thought that Derek would actually be jealous seeing me with someone else. Though I liked the thought that I could actually be with someone else.

“I’m not telling him anything different either.” He walked being mindful of his hand on me.

After we went to my locker and got my stuff we walked up to the nurse’s office and got a dismissal pass. He opened the door to his beautiful black car and helped me in. He leaned over me grabbing for the seat belt staring into my eyes as he did. He paused and smiled. It was like a deep cosmic connection made with our eyes and then he leaned in. “I really want to kiss you right now.” He murmured. He pulled himself away starting his car.

I said nothing and I couldn’t help but smile, covering my face as he climbed into the driver’s seat starting up the car with a soft roar. It sounded amazing and it made the whole car shake. It sent a strange sensation through my body as I shut my eyes trying not to think about the pain in my arm. He drove me to the emergency room where they bandaged up my arm and he drove home with a smile crossing his handsome face. I couldn’t believe he said those words to me.

We got home and my mom was sitting on the couch. She looked up at us in confusion. My arm was in a cast being supported by a sling. “ Oh my god Belle, what happened?” she freaked out.

“I fell at school.” I cleared my throat. I didn’t think it was a good idea to tell her what had actually happened. Though she knew better by the vicious expression on Nick’s face.

“Nick.” She twitched her head in his direction. “Derek better not have touched her.”

“I took care of him.” He folded his arms he was just as angry at Derek, but in a way blamed himself for everything.

“Did he do this to her?” she asked Nick.

“He pushed her yes.” He nodded.

“And Nick almost kicked his ass.” I bragged a little too excited about that part.

“Well I wish you had, but I’m glad you didn’t. I don’t want you to get in trouble.” She shook her head with a smile.

“He’s been warned.” Nick looked at me and smiled. “Belle are you okay?”

“Better I suppose, but this sucks.” I said as my phone rang in my pocket. I sighed answering, and held it a distance away from my ear.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Zach told me Nick text him, and told me to get your car. It’s at my house.” Chelsea spoke. She was worried why she had to get my car.

“Yeah, thanks Chels.” I replied.

“What happened?” she asked.

“Derek broke my arm.” I muttered. “Nick to me to the ER.”

“I’ve been hearing about you and Nick all day.” She laughed.

“What have you been hearing?” I asked as I turned away from Nick.

“That you two are going out.” She couldn’t even believe what she was saying.

“We are not.” I said as I was walking up the stairs.

Nick talked to my mom for a while before coming upstairs and going into his room. I could hear him talking to someone, but I had no idea who as I watched television. He wondered into my room as I tried to get comfortable with the new adjustments of my arm.

“Thanks for decorating my locker.” He smiled.

“Yeah.” I sighed as he remembered what I bought. I wrestled to get comfortable and nothing was working. He started back into his room.

“Nick!” I shouted in pain, and he shot to the side of my bed in an instant.

“What do you need?” he asked softly.

“I’m extremely uncomfortable.” I grumbled as he helped me sit up.

“How are you most comfortable?” he asked as he examined the problem. He looked at me with a loving stare. I sighed looking at him as he kneeled to the side of me.

“My right side, but I can’t leave my arm just on the bed, my shoulder hurts then.” I pouted. He smiled and started thinking.

“I have an idea.” He looked at me hoping I would try it.

“I’m willing to do anything.” I pleaded.

He stood up looking at my arm in guilt and then sat next to me, putting his arm around me as he guided me down to my bed. He laid down putting my broken arm across his body as my cheek rested on his chest. “How is this?” he looked at me wondering.

“Tolerable.” I said with surprise that the pain in my arm was gone.

“Glad to help.” He rubbed my back.

“I still hate you.” I replied almost immediately.

“I know.” He replied as he closed his eyes.

I fell asleep soon after, that was the most comfortable I had been in the hours I spent trying to be. Nick fell asleep before I had and he was cute when he slept. This was also the second time he had slept in my bed, not that I wanted to remember that but I did.