This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Oops

I started crying even more as I stood up turning away from him. I couldn’t say anything to him, I was falling for him too but I was so afraid of things ending up like they did before even though Nick was nothing like Derek. I tried not to compare the two but I was terrified Nick would hurt me, and I wasn’t ready to be hurt. “Chelsea can take you to school tomorrow.” He scowled at me for the first time in a month.

Chelsea picked me up for school the next day, and Nick said nothing to me the entire day. No insult, nothing. On the plus side Derek left me alone the entire day.I watched Nick intensely he looked as if he was in pain. I watched him as he walked in the opposite direction only giving me a death glare. I didn’t mean to hurt him, and I didn’t even know that I had until Zach talked to me in the hall.

“You really need to talk to Nick.” He warned.

“Why?” I scoffed.

“Belle, you know why.” He shook his head at me. He walked away in the other direction and I was left puzzled, even though I pretty much knew the answer. I had to talk to him at least.

The rest of the day, he remained quiet- ignoring me. We didn’t even practice our scene at all. He said he would rather fail, and it shook me to the core. Chelsea met me at her car as I watched Nick drive away. I was torn to pieces. I walked up the stairs, as I discovered the empty house had a soundtrack. I overheard him playing his guitar in his room. It was the most wonderful sound I had heard.

“Nick?” I said nervously as I sat down on his bed next to him. He eyed me and placed his guitar next to him on the floor.

“Yeah?” he sounded annoyed.

“Can we talk?” I fidgeted uncomfortably.

“About what?” he folded his arms. I leaned closer to him in his face.

“I need to explain myself.” I swallowed. He needed to know the reason why I was so apprehensive with him, because I was hurting his feelings and that wasn’t my intention.

“What is there to explain?” he scowled.

“I was raped.” I blurted, as tears formed in my eyes.

“What?” Nick shot up furiously.

“Derek.” I choked through tears.

“I’m so sorry Belle.” He put his face in his hand.

“I blame myself for it, because I could have stopped it, but I didn’t.” I shook my head. “Please, don’t tell anyone.”

“I’m not going to tell anyone.” He shook his head, he leaned up wiping a tear from my face. “I love you Belle.” He whispered.

I started crying more, I stood up and walked out of his room walking into my own and closing the door. I flopped down on my bed shoving my face into my pillow before crying myself to sleep. I couldn’t sleep, one bit, yet I couldn’t face Nick again.

Chelsea picked me up in the morning again. I noticed Nick watching me leave out his bedroom window. I slumped down in her car, and I started crying again.

“What happened?” Chelsea asked.

“Nick told me he loves me.” I shouted.

“WHAT?” she exclaimed. “When?”

“Last night.” I mumbled through my fingers. “I told him… about Derek.”

“Do you love him back?” she shot me a worried look.

“I don’t know.” I said quietly.

Chelsea pulled into the parking lot and parked her red car. Then she unbuckled my seatbelt, before undoing her own. “You know you do.” She smiled.

Nick was already at school, hanging out with Derek and the rest of them before school. He watched me then quickly turned his head. I walked past him, as Derek smiled in my direction. I scowled and kept walking. Chelsea walked over to Zach, giving him her morning hug and kiss, and they talked for a minute as I opened my locker.

“Belle!” she shouted nearly bursting my eardrum.

“What?” I covered my ear.

“Nick’s leaving!” she whispered.

“Seriously?” my heart broke.

“Yeah, he told Zach this morning that he’s going back to New York this weekend.” She pressed.

I slammed my locker closed, shoving my head into it. “What am I going to do?”

“Think fast!” she suggested.

I racked my brain, I had to tell Nick I loved him before he left. Then it came to me, and I knew it was the perfect way to show him I love him.

“I’ve got it.” I smiled devilishly.

“What are you going to do?” she asked curiously.

“You’ll see.” I smiled as I walked into my next class.

I walked up the stairs, I had spent the night with my mother watching a movie, and Nick was talking on the phone, so I waited until I didn’t hear his deep voice anymore and I walked in his room.

“What Belle?” he sounded infuriated.

“Would you sleep in here tonight?” I pointed to my room. “One last time.”

“Why?” he shot me a confused look.

“Because I want you to.” I admitted.

“I guess.” He shrugged as he stood up. He pushed a box over to the side and looked at me scratching his face. “I’ll be in there in a minute.” He replied.

I walked back in my room nervously and sat on my bed waiting for him to come in. I was afraid that he wouldn’t, but he walked in wearing a black t-shirt and basketball shorts. He threw his pillow on the floor and laid down facing the other direction. He was still full of anger.

“Nick.” I swallowed.

“What?” he turned to me and practically shouted.

“Lay with me.” I motioned to my bed. “Please.” I said shakily. He sighed standing up and I scooted towards the wall as he climbed into bed.

“You are torturing me you know that?” he replied as he lay on his back putting his hand over his head.

I turned to him and smiled. “I had no Idea.” I teased as I lay my head on his chest. I knew I was making it worse, but he had no idea what I had planned for him. I could hear his heartbeat as he placed his arm around me. I closed my eyes.

“I can’t believe this.” He murmured as he lay there.

“What do you mean?” I asked, my eyes fluttering open.

“We’ve been out on two dates and you seemed as if you liked me, then you flat out diss me when I tell you that I love you and now you want me to hold you?” he said irritated.

“I like when you hold me.” Was all I could say. I wanted so badly to contain myself until the end of the week. Where instead of telling him I loved him I would show him, and the whole acting class that I loved him.

“You’re unbelievable.” He shook his head as he looked up at the ceiling.

“Nick?” I spoke up.

“What Belle?” he sighed.

“Don’t leave.” I begged as I drooled on his shirt.

“Too late, I’m leaving.” He dismissed.

“Why?” I sat up wanting to know.

“I can’t stay here.” He sounded sad. “I can’t look at you everyday knowing you don’t feel the same about me.”

I wanted so badly to say something to him right there, but I wanted to also knock his socks off in two days. I knew I would be able to make him stay if he only knew what I was planning.

“I’m excited about our performance.” I smiled in his shirt.

“You’re the only one.” He mumbled.

“You picked it.” I pointed out.

“And I wished I hadn’t.” he pouted.

“I’m glad you did.” I smiled as I closed my eyes again falling asleep in his arms. I woke up in the middle of the night to see if he was asleep and he was. He looked so cute as he slept that I wanted to saw “aww” but I just giggled and rested back on his chest falling into slumber quickly.

I woke up the next morning and let him sleep. I rushed down the stairs and took a shower before he got up. I walked back in the room in my towel, drying my newly dyed hair as he woke up noticing me in front of him.

“Are you naked?” he blinked.

“Under the towel yes.” I laughed.

“Wow.” He rubbed his face cutely and stretched revealing his toned stomach. I was staring at it as he pulled his shirt down. He looked up at me squinting.

“Did you die your hair?” he asked.

“Yes.” I replied as I worked through the curls. “Do you like it?” I turned to him.

“Yeah.” He frowned. He stood up and walked sullenly to his room across the hall.

“Hey Nick?” I shouted.

“Yeah?” He stood at my doorframe again.

“Chelsea’s riding to school with Zach, would you take me?” I asked. I walked over to my closet, but not before tripping on my towel revealing my naked body.

“You have got to be kidding me.” He shook his head, trying to cover his eyes.

“Did you like what you saw?” I laughed as I pulled on some underwear.

“I would be lying if I said no.” he smirked.

I walked over to him touching his chest. “You don’t like to lie do you?” It was totally driving him crazy as he tried to keep his hands away from me. I knew what he wanted to do but both of us refrained from doing it.

“No but you don’t seem to have a problem with it.” He turned away angry.

Shit. I thought to myself. I wanted more than anything for him to put his hands all over me but I knew he never would. It was strange of me to want that, though a man’s hands never felt good on my body until I felt his and I wanted to feel all of him.I heard him walk out of his room and I met him in the hallway as he looked at me, trying not to smile.

“Let’s go.” He announced as I straightened out my shirt and placed my bag on my shoulder. I wanted to grab his hand but I stopped myself. I don’t know what was with me all of a sudden but I just really couldn’t help myself.