This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

The Scene of My Life

“One last time.” I nodded with a smile as I grabbed my bag.I waited for what seemed to be an eternity and he walked down in a white button up shirt, a black suit jacket and jeans with his skate shoes. He looked handsome, more so than usual. Our moms were already at work as we headed out the door.

“You look nice today.” I nodded awkwardly.

“Thanks.” He let out a small smile. Which drove me insane as I looked in the other direction, dreaming of what his body looked like under his clothes, and thinking about what I was about to do. He pulled into the school parking lot and parked his car as I climbed out. I walked over to Chelsea who hugged me.

“Nervous?” she asked.

“You have no idea.” I shook.

“You are going to be freaking amazing!” She nodded.

I was incredibly nervous, but I was overwhelmingly excited too. I wanted, no I needed to love him, and to tell him how I felt but I wanted to wait for the right moment and this was it. I walked into my acting class taking my seat next to Nick. I took a deep breath as I kept stealing looks at him.

“Group 7.” Mr. Weaver started. “Will be the last to go. Were are going in numerical order.”

He was going to make me wait the whole time? Ugh this was going to be a long class holding this much in. Derek and his partner went first, they did a scene from a Midsummer’s Night Dream, and surprisingly it wasn’t bad. I was slightly impressed. Chelsea and Zach were next. The did the scene in Twilight where they kissed, which I figured of course, any excuse for the two to suck face and they took it. The two groups after that , and as the last group started, I needed to escape before I burst. I stood in the bathroom attempting to get my heart rate back down, then slowly walked back to class closing the door behind me sitting in my seat next to Nick.

“Group 7, your up.” Mr. Weaver announced as we both stood, Nick was more angry than nervous, but I looked at Chelsea who smiled with approval as I cracked my knuckles beside me.

We turned to the class as we started our scene. I took a deep breath and stood next to him. “I’m Nick Madden.” He introduced himself. His voice as deep and velvet as I ever heard him, though I feared it would be my last time hearing it.

“And I’m Belle Martin.” I introduced myself.

“And we will be performing a scene from Beauty and the Beast.” He finished as he looked to the crowd before us.

Derek stood up as he did before shooting a plastic arrow at Nick’s shoulder, which he made look terribly real, playing his part as he laughed, which freaked me out as much as it did the first time I heard it. He cornered Nick who was crouched in pain. I never realized how symbolic this scene would become as I waited for my line.

“Get up! Get Up! What’s the matter beast, too kind and gentle to fight back?” Derek hissed.

Nick raised his head as he heard him but then laid in defeat saying nothing. I stood over on the side simulating a bridge. “No!” I shouted.

“Belle.” Nick sat up as he heard my voice. My heart sped up as he said my name, though I knew he was just doing what he had to.

“Gaston, don’t!” I shouted as Derek swung a binder toward Nick, as he caught it and deflected it standing to his feet.

“Let’s go Phillipe!” I shouted in the other direction as they pulled out a desk and I sat up on it to symbolize the balcony. Nick hid in a corner as we practiced before.

“Come on out and fight! Are you in love with her beast? Did you honestly think she’d want you when she can have someone like me?” Derek provoked, just as Gaston did. Ugh, someone like him- never.

Nick rose from his hiding spot. He fights Derek as they fight in the script. He is overpowering Derek easily. Something has struck a cord in him. Maybe it was the significance of the lines? Maybe not?

“It’s over beast, Belle is mine!” he shouted as they fought.

Nick held Derek in a chokehold as he did before but this time Derek’s face grew red, then pale. I was shocked at the power Nick was holding him. He was not acting. I started growing worried but I stayed in character.

“Put me down! Put me down! I’ll do anything! Anything!” Derek shouted. Nick abruptly stopped letting Derek go as he clutched his neck breathing again.

“Get out!” Nick growled pointing in a different direction shoving him into the tile floor.

“Beast!” I piped up as Nick twirled around.

“Belle!” He murmured with passion. I stared into his dark eyes melting into him as he stared into mine for a long moment. Nick leaned down putting his arms onto the table, simulating him hanging off the balcony. “Belle you came back!” he replied. I could barely contain myself now, he was finally looking at me after days of ignoring my gaze.

He stared into me as Derek snuck up behind Nick as if he was going to stab him. Nick groaned in pain as he did, and he goes in for another shot as Nick begins to “fall” Derek exits as Gaston falls to his death. We moved to the floor as he lay there dying, and I hovered over him starting to really cry as my curls leaned into his face. I mustered all the passion I could into this last part of the scene.

“You came back.” Nick said his line. I could feel his heart beating off the charts.

“Of course I came back. I couldn’t let them… Oh this is all my fault.” I said in pain really meaning what I had said. “If only I had come back sooner.”

“Maybe its better this way.” Nick turned his head looking deeply at me.

“Don’t talk like that.” I touched his chest. “You’ll be alright. Were together now.” I choked through tears, I could hear the Chelsea blubbering too.” Everything is going to be fine. You’ll see.”

“At least I got to see you… one… last…time.” He choked on the weight of his words. My stomach dropped at the true significance of the words that crossed his lips.

I held his hand up to my cheek soaking it with real tears, he held it for a second only to look up at me with a strange expression and dropped his head back, closing his eyes. I put my hand up to my mouth. “No No! Please! Please don’t leave me!” I shouted as I caressed his face. “I love you!” I choked back my tears as I said it lying my head on his chest crying like a baby. Chelsea cried more as I let the true words come out of my mouth. I really meant the lines I was speaking and it was the most amazing feeling to say them. I looked back at him as I scooted back as he twitched for a few moments, then he stood up slowly. I followed his lead as he said his line.

“Belle it’s me.” He replies softly touching my face.

I stayed silent for a few moments studying Nick. I wondered if he caught what I had said, and that I truly meant it. I was really caught up in my own fairytale now.

“It is you.” I smiled as he touched my waist.

I touched his face again as he stood, not expecting me to do what I did. I inched closer kissing him softly hearing a gasp coming from the crowd. I stayed on his lips as I was drowning in him, clutching my arms around him pulling him into me. He placed his arms around me in passion. It was the most amazing feeling I ever had. My body shook and still locked his lips with mine. I released his lips and turned a dark shade of red as I fought to breathe.

“Wow.” Nick tried to breathe. He looked at the others blinking. I giggled as I dug my face into his shoulder with a giant indescribable grin taking over my face. “I love you.” I whispered softly into his ear.

“You wait until now to tell me?” he looked at me with a smile.

“I wanted to wait for the right moment.” I smiled as my arms locked around his neck again.

“You certainly know how to pick them.” He nodded as he bent down and softly kissed me sending shockwaves through my body.

“You were right, by the way.” I smiled ear to ear.

“When was I right?” he laughed.

“When I told you I would never kiss you and you said “We’ll see.”” I responded. “I did kiss you.”

“Yes.” He took a deep breath. “I can’t say I’ve ever had a kiss like that.”

I took his hand in mine and thanked god it was there. He smiled down and pulled me to my chair. I sat in my chair, but I really wanted to sit in his lap. I pushed my chair as close to him as I could get.

“Nick, Belle.” Mr. Weaver started. “Astounding performance, but my class isn’t an excuse for a make out session.”

“Sorry Mr. Weaver.” I blushed looking over at Nick with a smile. We looked at each other and laughed as he put his hand on my leg. I leaned into him. “You aren’t leaving still are you?” I pouted.

“Never.” He pulled me close to him with a giant smile.

“That’s what I thought.” I nodded as I grasped his hand tighter.

The bell rang as we stood up and left class. He entwined his fingers into mine and we walked bravely out into the hall, though I just kept looking at him.

“I love you Belle.” He looked down at me. He gulped hoping that I would say it back.

“I love you too Nick.” I smiled up at him planting another kiss on him.

Everyone was staring at us as we walked hand in hand down the hallway and Chelsea and Zach followed. Nick released my hand pulling me close to him and kissing my forehead. “Everyone’s staring at us.” He noted.

“But I’m only staring at you.” I smiled widely.

“Good.” He nodded as he looked down at me.