This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Annoyances

“You.” I grumbled.

“You?” He looked at me confused. “Belle?” he pointed at me.

“Yes.” I rolled my eyes. “My mother never thought people would torture me over my name. But she was wrong.”

“Your mom seems really sweet. Unlike you, where’d you get your attitude from?” he replied looking around his new room.

“That’s one of the many mysteries, it doesn’t take a genius, but I figure it’ll keep you busy for a while.” I folded my arms with a smartass smile.

“Well your probably just jealous.” He retorted.

“Yes Nick. That’s it” I spat as I rolled my eyes, not believing what I got myself into. “I can’t believe this.” I threw my hands up.

“You remembered my name Eh?” he smiled with a cocky grin.

“Yeah well it’s kind of hard to forget your name since you’ve been insulting me all day and you have no idea who I am. “ I folded my arms. “And well I have to put up with you since apparently I live with you.”

“Don’t forget you have to kiss me in the play.” He displayed a cocky grin.

“I will not kiss you.” I folded my arms.

“We’ll see about that.” He chuckled bringing it back up again

He was pulling some of his things from boxes and put them on his new dresser.
I noticed he was wearing a different t-shirt with my favorite band on it. That made me burn with fire, that jerk liked the Misfits? Or was he just wearing it for kicks.

“Take that shirt off.” I demanded. “Before you make me vomit all over you.”

“You like the Misfits?” he asked with a cute smile.

“They are my favorite band.” I muttered.

“Cool.” He smiled.

“Take the shirt off.” I folded my arms. He shrugged pulling the shirt off revealing a six pack and strong arms. He was thin and muscular and he wore the things that turned me on. Yes I liked what I saw, and I really wish he wasn’t a jerk. He smiled at me thinking it would make me weak. I closed my eyes and walked into my room. “Thank you.” I muttered under breath.

I sulked back in to my room and changed into some sweats pulling my hair up into a ponytail. I already didn’t like him but for my mom’s sake I was going to have to put up with him. He was annoying as hell. He would tease me about everything I hated people teasing me about and my mom thought he was charming! This was already getting old. I walked out to my car with a bucket of soapy water and some sponges. I started to wash the egg off my car. It was gooey and nasty, and a pain in the ass to do.

“Washing your car?” Nick walked outside in shorts and a black t-shirt.

“Thank you captain obvious!” I stopped and shouted. He walked over toward me pulling a sponge out of the bucket. “What are you doing?”

“Helping you.” He smiled as he rubbed the sponge on the other side of my car. I looked at him with a scowl but it was going to take me forever to get this cleaned off my car and I really need all the help I can get.

“Thanks.” I muttered continuing to clean off my car.

He washed the other side of my car off and smiled at me every chance he got, and it was getting awkward.

“You know American cars are better than imports?” he tried to make conversation.

“I love my car.” I smirked sheepishly.

“I bet you love my car more.” He smirked back.

“I’ll admit your car does go faster.” I nodded.

“Do you like speed?” he tried to flirt.

“You’re pathetic” I shook my head as I finished washing my car.

With Nick’s help, my baby was good as new. I picked up my sponge putting it back in the bucket and huffed. I didn’t like the fact that he was being so nice, I hated it when guys were nice, it usually meant that they would be mean later.

“Looks good.” Nick smiled admiring the car.

“I guess.” I replied. “But he’ll probably do something to it again tomorrow.”

“Don’t worry about Derek.” He shook his head. “His head is as empty as a blimp.”

“No shit.” I nodded smiling. “I kinda knew that already.”

I walked back into the house and walked back into my room lying down on my bed. I changed into comfy clothes and climbed into my warm bed.

When I went to school the next morning, I pulled my car into the lot and looked around. Chelsea pulled up next to me. “Hey.” She smiled getting out of her car quickly.

“Hey.” I breathed. Zach walked over to her embracing her in a hug. I sighed and kept walking as they were making goo goo eyes at each other.

I walked towards were Nick, Derek and the rest of the hockey team was being stupid. Nick was leaning against his car with his arms folded. He was looking directly at me.

“What?” I eyed him as I stopped in my tracks.

“Can I walk with you?” he stood up straight. “They are getting annoying.”

“I guess.” I shrugged as he smiled.

I tried to walk past Nick, but he always kept my pace. Maybe I walked too slow or something. I don’t know, though he was starting to creep me out. I wasn’t sure what he was trying to do, but I kept my distance and he didn’t once attempt to invade it.

“You’re the only one I really know beside Zach.” He replied honestly.

“Zach has friends.” I nodded.

“I know, and I like hanging out with them.” He started.

“Where are you going with this?” I looked at him finally.

At first I didn’t want to look at him. I was just having a bad day. I didn’t want any guy’s interest at this point. Every time someone tried, no matter who they were it reminded me of Derek. I felt forced, and I didn’t like it.

“I just want to get to know you better that’s all.” He huffed looking away from me.

“I’m not that special.” I pressed my arms closer to my body.

“Neither am I.” He mumbled as he turned his head back in my direction.

“I’m not your project Nick.” I concluded.

“Who ever said that?” he was confused.

“I’m not falling for whatever game you’re playing.” I shot him a dirty look. “ Derek already played me.”

“I’m not playing a game Belle.” He shook his head. “I really do want to be your friend.”

“It’d be better if we weren’t friends.” I reached my acting class and walked in. He stood there stunned by my words. He seemed nice, but he was too nice and it was all too familiar to me and right now, I still had a bad taste in my mouth. Nick entered sitting next to me as I pulled out my copy of the script.

“You ready to practice?” Nick smiled.

“I guess.” I huffed pulling the papers off my desk and standing up. I straightened my Metallica shirt and combed through my hair.

“I’m having Derek do Gaston, for the first part of the scene.” He informed me. “We are going to fight for you.” He smiled as he stood very close to me. I

“Interesting.” I nodded my head slightly intimidated.

“Just start from your first line.” He instructed. Derek waltzed over confidently pushing his hands through his blonde hair.

“I hate him.” I huffed.

“Which only makes this better.” He nodded as he watched Derek come over. I stood off to the side reading the script as they performed.