This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Ride of Life

“You hungry?” he asked me letting go of my hand.

“Yeah, a little bit.” I nodded holding my stomach.

“Where’s some good food?” he asked.

“Over this way.” I lead him in the opposite direction that we came in and we passed Adventure Express. We walked passed the Racer and to a place where they served chili dogs.I think he could hear my stomach growling. I was starving, I hadn’t had anything all day, I was too nervous to eat lunch.

“What do you want?” he smiled. “My treat.”

“You’re paying for me?” I shot him a look.

This was too much, he had already paid for me to get in and now he was paying for my food too?

“A guy should pay for his date.” He nodded with a smile.

“You’re seriously demented.” I laughed.

“So are you.” He retorted.

“Thanks.” I folded my arms. “I’ll take 2 coney dogs.” I looked up at the menu board almost immediately deciding what I wanted.

“I like a girl who’s not afraid to eat.” He nodded.

“And some fries.” I added smiling.

“That’s more like it.” He smiled. He leaned close to me. “Wanna share fries?”

“I guess.” I shrugged. I wasn’t sure why he was being so nice, and why I agreed to share fries with him but I suppose it couldn’t hurt right? He ordered the food and I sat at a bench when he brought over the drinks. He sat mine down in front of me and smiled a light smile at me. He could feel my uneasiness as he watched me. He grabbed the food, and as amazed as I was he got the same thing I did. I pulled the hot dog up to my mouth just as he did. It was awkward but we both took bites at the same time, and we were both staring at each other. I placed my hot dog down and reached for the plate of fries when he did. His hand grazed mine softly and he smiled. I gulped as his warm touch jolted me. I looked at him but did not smile. He pulled his hand away and shoved fries in his mouth. I smiled laughing at the way in which he did.

“I made you laugh huh?” he said confidently.

“Just a little.” I admitted as I looked away. I was blushing feverishly. I wasn’t sure why he was making me smile so much. I was slightly disgusted in myself but I wanted to trust guys again, and maybe he was worth trusting?

We both finished the hot dogs and fries we ordered. He looked at me as I took my last bite. “What’s next?” he asked sweetly standing to his feet.

“You’ll see.” I smiled. He grabbed my hand and I took his. It was the strangest sensation I had felt in a long time. He looked down at me and smiled slightly surprised that I didn’t rip my hand away from his. He crossed his fingers in mine, only surprising me more, and again, I didn’t let go. Because I didn’t want to, I was starting to trust him.

“I hope you are having as much fun as I am.” He whispered to me.

“I am.” I held my breath for a second. I couldn’t believe a guy this cute was being nice to me.

“Are you okay?” he asked worried.

“Yes.” I nodded letting out my breath.

He stared into me for a second as I stood up. He still had my hand and I had put it there. I pulled it away for a second to see if he would grab it again. He looked at me with the same smile, walked next to me again. Before I knew it, I slipped my hand back into his.

We let our stomach settle by riding a few soft rides, like the swings, then I turned noticing a booth full of Scooby- Doo stuffed animals and I pouted, as I turned to walk away Nick was handing them five dollars. I shot my attention to him. “What are you doing?” I tried to hide my smile at how sweet I thought this was.

“Winning my date a Scooby Doo.” He nodded in confidence.

“Good luck with that.” I rolled my eyes as I watched, this wasn’t one of those easy games either, this was one of those once in a lifetime, you’ll win kind of games. It was one that you had to throw the ball, and it had to land on a certain hole. He stood as the man handed him three balls. He kept stealing looks at me and then focused on the first ball. I watched as he skidded the ball almost hitting it but it went over it. I had no hope, as he threw the second ball, missing it by more than the first. Then he took the third ball into his hand and took a deep breath as he looked back at me once more. I lightly smiled as he let it go, and I couldn’t believe my eyes as it landed on the right color.

“Thanks for the luck.” He flirted.

“What prize do you want?” the man behind the game asked.

“The Scooby- Doo with the purple flower.” He pointed to the large, and I mean this thing was almost my height, stuffed dog. The kid climbed up on the platform getting it down and placed in Nick’s hands and he handed it to me.

“Thank you.” I blushed bright red. I couldn’t believe he had spent all this money on me, and on top that, he won me a Scooby-Doo.

“My pleasure.” He smiled widely.

“We need to put this thing in the car or something.” I nodded attempting to lift it, and it wasn’t working. He laughed as we got a stamp and shoved it in the backseat of his sports car.

We walked back towards the front of the park and I caught up with him as I did the unthinkable, I grabbed for his hand again. He smiled down at me as I locked my fingers between his.

We walked back into the park and he looked at me for guidance. “Where to now?” he squeezed my hand. I pulled him toward the kid’s part of the park, but we quickly turned approaching the Beast. I stopped. “This is my second/third ride in the park.” I looked up to him with a smile.

“Then this must be an amazing coaster.” He nodded as we weaved through the line.

“It’s been here for thirty years.” I tried to sound smart.

“Wow.” He seemed impressed.

“The only seat to ride in is the second to last seat.” I nodded as we stood in line. “It’s a secret among veteran Beast riders.”

“How many times have you been here?” he finally asked.

“I used to work here.” I smiled. “On this ride.”

“That explains it.” He laughed. We got right on as the train pulled into the station. I reached buckling my seatbelt, which I thought was pointless and then I pulled down my orange restraint in excitement. Nick did the same and placed his hands on his lap. I wasn’t sure why I was suddenly so comfortable, but I grabbed for his hand placing mine in his lap. He flashed a smile as he tightened his grip. We pulled out of the station and around to the bottom of the hill as we inched up the tallest wooden coaster in the country. We got to the top and I smiled as Nick’s expression turned to terror. I snickered before we dropped into the tunnel. We went up and down more hills, swerving around sharp corners and finally starting up the second hill. Which was not my favorite part. He regained his stomach as we went up he reached for my hand once more grasping it. “I can see why this is one of your favorites.” He smiled.

“It’s not over yet.” I implied as we reached the top. “You might wanna lean, you’re going to get jerked toward your side.”

He released my hand and held on to his lap bar. We went through the tunnel and around the double helix before another small hill. Hitting the brakes hard as our train pulled into the station. I rose up out of the seat with enthusiasm and he followed holding his side. “Man that hurt.” He complained.

“I told you it was going to be rough.” I said in a snotty tone. He just laughed and walked down the exit with me, taking my hand again.

He stretched as we looked at our picture, and it was cute. I had a huge smile on my face as he did too. “I like that picture.” He smiled back at me. He bought two copies of it before we walked away.

“So what’s next? What about the really big one?” he pointed to the new rollercoaster, Diamondback. I looked up at it and bit my lip. It was intimidating to me.