This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Lying Down

“I haven’t been on that one, it’s new.” I replied shakily.

“Let’s do it.” He said as he placed the pictures in his pocket. I walked toward the line, not grabbing his hand this time. He seemed taken back by it but I was really nervous. He could feel it and he didn’t ask. He just leaned beside me and smiled as we waited in a very long line. We inched closer, and I didn’t say anything to him until we were up in the station.

“Are you okay Belle?” he asked.

“Just nervous.” I bit my lip again, Nick was very close to me right now- not even feet away from me. I could feel his chest against my back.

“Do you want me to back up?” he noticed my discomfort.

“No.” I shook my head, then walked forward in relief that the line was moving.

“I’m sorry Belle. These people behind me kinda reek.” He whispered in my ear.

“It’s okay.” I laughed catching a look at the ugly guy behind him, and literally it sent chills down my neck, this guy looked like Richard Ramirez’s twin, which if you know who the Night Stalker is, it was more than enough to creep you out.

“I hope that guy doesn’t have a pentagram carved in his palm.” I said jokingly.

“Huh?” Nick looked confused.

“Nothing.” I pulled his arm closer to me. “Just get away from him.”

We reached the station as we stood in line for the middle of the red and yellow, extremely massive coaster. We were the almost next train and I felt ginormous butterflies growing in my stomach as the train pulled in with happy riders. I buried my head in Nick’s chest as I got more nervous. He kept his hands on the bars beside him as he smiled. “Belle.” He murmured in his deep voice. “It’s alright.”

I looked up, not even realizing I had buried my face in his shirt I looked up at him and moved forward sneaking a peak up the colossal structure. I gulped as he pushed himself against me softly, telling me without words to scoot up. “Are you going to be okay?” he wondered if I wanted to ride it.

“I think.” I answered nervously.

“We won’t ride it if you don’t want to.” He surveyed my expression.

“I’m not waiting in that long of a line for nothing.” I shook my head.

“Okay then.” He smiled.

We were the next train and as It pulled into the station and stopped, my heart pounded severely as the gates opened. I climbed in noting the seatbelt, and pulled it around myself before the restraints were unlocked. I pulled it down, keeping a solid grip on the restraint and the bar in front of me. I eyed Nick for a millisecond before we started up the giant hill. “Here we go.” Nick teased.

“Shut up.” I breathed as he laughed.

That was intense to say the least, and I knew we still weren’t done, we still had two more extremely awesome roller coasters to go before we would leave. I was getting tired though, but I had to ride them before we left.

“Was that so bad?” he chuckled making fun of me.

“No.” I stuck my tongue out at him before folding my arms.

He laughed and walked beside me, I got the feeling he wanted to put his arm around me, but he kept his hands in his pockets as we walked to the next two rides. “Belle?” he spoke up.

“Yes Nick?” I sighed.

“Would it be too much if I wanted to put my arm around you?” he wondered.

“I thought you would ask.” I walked closer to him. “And no I guess not.” I finally decided. He looked at me and placed his arm around my shoulders. I looked at his hand then I looked at him, still with my arms folded around me I decided to put my hand on his back as we walked. I leaned in closer to him the more comfortable I got with the random gesture.

“I’m glad you were my date.” He let out.

“Really?” I shot my face up to his.

“Yeah.” He smiled.

We finally turned the corner walking toward Firehawk. That coaster gave me the most exciting, odd feeling that I have ever felt, and being in Nick’s arms topped that. We stood in line again, and it wasn’t too bad. Once we reached the line Nick took his arm away from my shoulder and I found myself upset about it. We waited for a while, talking about random things then we reached the station, before he realized what was going on. He was too busy talking to me to see the coaster.

“You are laying down?” He seemed shocked.

“Yes.” I nodded with a smile.

“This should be interesting.” He turned away nervously.

I snickered at him as he became nervous. I stepped closer reaching a line. The person in front of me asked if we were together. “Yes there’s two of us.” I informed them.

“Great, then you can ride with us.” She smiled.

“Yeah.” I nodded, pushing Nick in front of me.

“You can sit next to her.” I mumbled.

“Whatever works.” He smiled as the gate opened.

We climbed in strapping the top restraint and then I pulled the lap bar over me and sighed looking at a nervous Nick. We were lowered and the coaster swerved the corner making us go up the hill facing outward.

“This is scary.” Nick replied softly.

“I know.” I agreed as I kept my eyes straight. “Just wait.” I giggled as the coaster turned us onto our stomach and we were flying suddenly. I screamed as my body shifted in the seat. I saw his expression as we began flying. He was almost terrified. That was before we went through the loop. After that, he was smiling widely. We reached the station and were raised up again. He sucked in a deep breath and looked at me.

“Please tell me the last one is not us lying down.” He chuckled.

“Nope, but it’s the best ride in the park.” I nodded and grabbed his hand. He looked happy. He seemed to be having fun, and so was I.

“Good.” He shoved his other hand in his pocket as we stood in the line for Flight of Fear. We were at the door just entering the building. Once we reached the inside, we didn’t have much of a wait as we watched the lame entrance video before entering the spaceship. He looked around at all the props they had in the building around the ride. “I don’t see how this is the best ride in the park.” He shook his head.

“You will.” I stepped up the stairs into the space ship and we looked around as I had memories of cleaning and running this ride too. “I promise.” I smiled as I continued to look around.