This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Too Close For Comfort

We now were in the tiny compact station as I headed for the front seat. “I’m riding in the front, you with me?” I asked as I looked at him.

“Sure.” He tightened his grip on my hand.

I looked around and Derek was in the station, with Heather of course. I ripped my hand away from Nick as he approached. He looked down at me wondering why but when he spotted Derek he knew the reason behind it. He watched as a scowl crossed my face. He whispered in my ear suddenly. “We should hold hands again.” He smiled. “It’ll make him really mad.”

“How do you know that?” I searched for the answer in his dark eyes.

“Trust me.” He murmured. I reached for his hand again and he placed my hand in his as he did something that I never expected when he pulled me close to him. “He’s going to be really mad now.” He laughed as he stared down into my eyes. I snuck a peek over at Derek, and Nick was right, he looked totally pissed. So I played along and touched Nick’s face, which caught him off guard. Nick jerked his head back as the train launched and he looked wary.

“Trust me, this is the best ride in the park.” I smiled as I took my hand from his face.

I waited as we were the next in line, the empty train slowly approached and I jumped in excitement as the front seat awaited us. The gate slowly opened and I practically jumped in. Nick followed and sat down I pulled the lap bar down as I had done many times before and took the small seatbelt buckling it next to my leg. Nick messed around but finally figured out where it went and then placed a smile on his face. “I’m warning you.” I started. “Keep your head back and look forward.”

“Okay.” He did just as I said. We both took a breath before the launch, and before we knew it, we had been through 7 loops and 3 corkscrews, that you couldn’t see because we were inside a building and it was pitch black.

We arrived in the unloading station and I sat with a giant smile. “Man I love this ride.” I commented.

“You were right, this is really the best ride in the park.” He said as the restraints were unlocked. He climbed out before me extending his hand for me to grab, and I just looked at him as Derek exited the train without a word. Nick quickly pulled his arm around me, which as I stole a peek, made Derek furious! I had a nice time with Nick, though I still didn’t like him much. He was the first person to touch me in two years, and it was weird but he never once forced me to.

“Nick?” I looked up at him. He closed his eyes for a second and opened them again with a smile. We were now walking out to the rest of the park.

“Yeah?” he looked to me.

“I’m ready to go.” I rubbed my eyes.

“Okay.” He smiled and chuckled. “Maybe on the way home we can stop and get some videos if you want.”

“Sounds nice.” I smiled not even sure why he was making me smile so much. Nick took me home just as he said he would, only now it was much easier knowing we lived together. He took me to his car, and it was the most gorgeous car I had seen. He must have put years into that thing. He opened the passenger door for me as I climbed in he shut it behind me, crawling in the driver’s seat he started his engine, which by the way made the whole car start shaking and was extremely loud. Ugh. He was cute, and had an amazing car. Why was he such a jerk?

“Did you have fun?” he asked messing with the dials on his stereo.

“Yes.” I nodded keeping my eyes forward.

“Maybe we can do it again sometime?” he looked at me. I started getting a tremendous amount of butterflies in my stomach as he smiled.

“Maybe.” I blushed pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

I walked into my bedroom looking around my plain room. Nick walked in behind me as he held two cases of DVD’s in his hands. “In your room or mine?” he asked.

“In here.” I replied plopping on my bed. “This is not an excuse for you to make a move.”

“I won’t touch you if you don’t want me to.” He said seriously. “I’m not like other guys.”

“Good.” I grabbed my pillow and laid down as he sat in front of me. I didn’t even make it through the first half hour of the movie before I was out. I seemed to be having a peaceful sleep, dreaming about Edward from Twilight, when I thrashed in bed as I dreamt of that fateful night I lost everything. The last night I ever spent with Derek. I woke up to Nick holding me in his arms.

“What happened?” I said dazed.

“I think you were having a nightmare.” He said softly. He pulled away from me as he had just noticed he was holding me. He released me and pulled himself away.

“Don’t leave.” I clutched onto him tight pushing my head into his shirt.

“I won’t.” he promised. He released me. “Lay back down.”

I put my head back down on my pillow and I felt Nick lay behind me putting his arm around me. It felt awkward at first but I quickly fell asleep. I woke up the next morning in his arms and something about it seemed like déjà vu. He sat up wiping his eyes. “Did you sleep okay?” he wondered. He looked adorable right now. I melted as I looked at him.

“Yes.” I squeaked.

“Good.” He stretched and climbed out of my bed.

“You aren’t sleeping in here tonight.” I warned him quickly regaining my exterior.

“Only if you want me to.” He said in a cocky manner.

“No.” I scowled.

He sighed and walked across the hall and into his room. After ten minutes, I was getting ready for a shower. I heard him go downstairs. After about another twenty minutes as I was drying my hair he came back up and stood in my door frame, his hands all covered with grease and he was covered in sweat. He looked kinda sexy. What?!