Voices

Chapter Three

My mum didn't try to approach him. He finally patted my shoulder and made his way over to her, then held his arms out.

"Are you just going to ignore me now?"He asked, she shook her head and allowed him to envelop her in a hug. I smiled at the sight, but let it fade when my mum shot daggers at me with her eyes. My dad finally turned back around and looked at me once again. I smiled and twiddled with the hem of my shirt. It was so weird, seeing my father standing there in front of me. He came back over to me, then took a seat on the couch.

"Well, it looks like we have a lot of catching up to do."He said, Valary sat on one side of him, and I sat on the other, but scooted back a bit so I could pull my legs up and sit cross-legged. Haylie sat beside me and brushed my hair with her fingers.

"So, what have you been doing all these years?"Johnny asked Dad
"Well. Not much really. I've gotten a few ideas for the band. If you all would want to get back together."Dad said
"We never really broke up in the first place. We just... Kind of quit making music for a bit."Brian replied "So, yeah. We should make some new stuff. Get back out in the world."

"I'm going to go start dinner..."My mum said, before getting up and walking to the kitchen. I sighed. She was acting like she was hurt by Matt being here. It was her fault in the first place that he didn't know I was his daughter, so he should be the one that was hurt.
"What's up with Darcy?"Valary asked, intertwining her hand with Dad's
"We'll explain later."Jimmy said, getting up to help my mum. I sat there, letting Haylie play with my hair and listened to my dad, Zacky, Johnny, Brian and Valary talk about what they could do for a new album.

"I only see one problem in this."Zacky said "We would all have to move back to the states. And we can't just leave Darcy and Kaitlin. Plus, I don't think Haylie would let me."
"Yep! We can't leave without my Kaitlin and Darcy!"She said, still playing with my hair
"God she's grown up."Matt said, looking at Haylie
"I know. She looks just like her mom."
"Speaking of her mom, where is Gena?"Valary asked
"At work. She should be home any minute though. She said she was going to try and get off early tonight so she can see you guys."Zacky answered

Matt looked over at me and winked. "Well, I guess all of you will have to come back to California with us."
"Really?!"Haylie and I exclaimed at the same time. My mum walked in the room at that time, and I looked at her with pleading eyes.
"Sure.."She mumbled, Haylie and I squealed
"So, you don't talk, but you squeal?"Dad asked, laughing

"She does talk. She just doesn't like to talk at the wrong time. She's complicated."Haylie answered for me. I groaned.
"I can talk for myself, he is my dad."I argued, sticking my tongue out at her.
"Why don't you go show your father your room, Kaitlin."My mum suggested. I looked at him and he nodded, then I led him up the steps and into my room. I took a seat on my bed as he looked around.

I had a couple of small bookshelves; one with books, the other with picture frames filled with pictures. My walls were aqua blue, but you could hardly see it from all the various posters I had. My favorite one, besides one old My Chemical Romance one, was of my dad. When I got it I thought he was.. Dead.. So I hung it right above my bed. In front of my bed, against the wall, was my computer desk with my laptop and speakers. I had a dresser in the far right corner, near the bay window, and on top was all of my art supplies. I loved art, though I was no good.

When he turned around to look at my bed, he saw the poster. He stopped for a moment and stared.

"How long have you had that?"He asked
"A few years"I answered, looking up at it.
"Did she really tell you I'd died?"
"Of cancer."
"I'm so sorry, Kaitlin."He said, sitting down next to me
"For what? You didn't know. The only time I'd met you was when I was three, and they told you I was mom's niece. There was no way I could remember you."I told him, shrugging my shoulders. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my hair.

"I'll make sure you never have to go without me again. I'm going to be here for everything, for the rest of your life."He said, hugging me tighter.

"I love you Dad."I whispered
"I love you too."