Status: Finally posted up an epilogue... still not sure about writing a sequel, but maybe (:

Finding My Way Back To The Start

I Heard The Bad News I Heard All About You

Kennedy and I still weren’t speaking. When I would watch the boy’s set, we would see each other at the merch stand, or if we were on the bus, we would pass each other. We would acknowledge each other in the room, but when we would make eye contact, one of us would turn away in an instant. Everything was just getting way too complicated for me.

It was a beautiful summer day in San Diego and a day before our last stop in Los Angeles. I had still yet to decide whether or not to take the internship with Glamour Kills. It was a possibility that I could attend NYU and work at the internship. We had an hour before the gates opened, so I was chilling on the couch with my MacBook again. John was somewhere in the bunks, still sleeping. Jared and Tim were doing something somewhere else. God only knew what Garrett and Pat are doing. As for Kennedy, he was standing in the kitchen area and staring off in space. I didn’t dare myself to look over. I kept all my focus on the task at hand, which was looking at the departments in NYU.

I still hadn't told any of the guys about where I had gotten in. I was too scared. Jared came out from the bunks, rubbing his eyes, and took a seat next to me. I quickly changed the webpage. He didn’t notice anything or at least, he didn’t point anything out.

I jumped up in shock as my phone buzzed in my pocket. I should really stop putting it on vibrate. Taking it out, I flipped it open to see Kyle’s face blinking. I rolled my eyes and put the phone up to my ear, pressing the accept button along the way.

“Yes, Mr. Burns?” I asked, answering the phone.

“I’m bored,” Kyle groaned, stretching out the"d" longer than needed.

“What can I do about that?” I inquired, giving a little sigh. I knew what was coming next. He would beg me to come over to his bus and keep him company. It happened so often, Kyle was just so predictable.

“Come over and keep me entertained!” Kyle practically screamed. Didn’t I call that?

“Fine, give me like five minutes,” I replied, closing my MacBook and putting it into my bag. I ended the call and stuffed my phone back into my pocket. Grabbing a hat from my bag, I walked out under the blazing California sun. Finding the Kids' bus was not that hard, since I practically spent half my summer there. My fingers punched in the code, and I walked in to find Kyle sitting on the couch, staring at the TV.

“So you called me over, just to see you watching TV?” I asked the drummer, raising my eyebrow. He turned his attention towards me and nodded.

“Actually there is something I have to show you, but before I do, you will still hang out with me, and KDirty, and everyone else, right?” Kyle asked with pleading eyes.

“Sure?” I said, completely confused by what Kyle meant. He pulled me towards the bunk area and saw the last thing I ever wanted to see.

Caleb was in bed…with another girl. I bit my lip, holding in everything I just wanted to scream out. Tears weld up in my eyes, but none of them fell. This was worse than when he called me worthless, but it didn’t hurt… or not nearly as much as I imagined it would. It wasn’t as if he tore my heart out and stomped all over it, but it just felt like he crushed it. So what did that mean?

I walked away, taking a seat on the couch and held up my head with my hands. So I guess Caleb and I are done… I thought to myself.

-------------------------------

I was still slightly in shock from what I witnessed that morning, but I worked my shift at the merchandise table. Only Kyle and I knew about what I saw this morning, and I intended to keep it that way until I would see Caleb later. I would finally break it off with him… and be with the guy I really want.

It was finally five that evening, which marked the end of the Forever the Sickest Kids set. Caleb should have been off on his bus, knowing he would want to clean up before he would go out to meet fans. I took out my phone again and sent a text to Caleb.

Meet me over by your bus. I need to talk to you, it said. I turned to Trevor, giving him an apologetic look, and he just ushered me away as he used to it by now. I’d been ditching my job all summer and I felt so bad.

Walking over to the bus, I saw the ginger waiting in the other side and away from fan’s view and the setting sun. He pulled me into a hug, but I didn’t return it. He pulled away, giving me a confused look, and I just stared at my converse hightops.

“What’s wrong, Jac?” he asked, concerned. I knew he was acting.

“Look, I don’t want to beat around the bush,” I said, “I saw you with that girl this morning, and don’t you dare lie to me. Kyle told me everything.”

Caleb muttered a few words under his breath, words that I couldn’t make out, nor would I want to. “Well, look who’s talking Ms. I-love-Caleb-oh-no-wait-I-love-Kennedy. Would you make up your fucking mind? Honestly Jac, you were so hard to put up with. It was so obvious who you would pick in the end, and it wasn't me.” Was it really that obvious to everyone, but me?

“Well sorry you had to put up with me,” I said, using the sarcasm I knew too well.

“Could you be more of a slut?” Caleb growled.

“Could you be more of a dick?" I retorted. "Whatever, just go back to that slut that you had last night. I don’t give a damn anymore. Have fun with the rest of your life, because I’m done with you,” I said, walking away.

One guy down, one more to go.

----------------------

Back at the merch tent, Trevor was already putting away all the shirts into the boxes. I felt a pang of guilt that I didn’t do much to help him, I was way to caught up with Caleb and Kennedy and all the other shit I went through this summer. I helped pack up the bracelets and put away the hoodies, getting everything in boxes faster then we usually would.

“I’m really sorry about not helping out that much, Moose,” I said, giving a apologetic look.

“Hey, it’s cool. I’m used to it, plus I can weasel Pat or Garrett to take over.” I gave a little laugh and looked around.

“Have you seen Kennedy anywhere?” I asked, still looking around the deserted fairgrounds.

Trevor bit his lip before answering. “Yeah… um, he’s on the bus, but-“ Before he could finish, I dashed off to the bus, leaving him alone… again. Punching in the code as fast as I could, I opened the door to something I didn’t expect.

Kennedy on the couch making out with some random groupie.

“Um, hi Jac. I can explain.” he said, nervously.

“No need…” I said, turning around and heading out the door.

This was a fucking fantastic day, wasn’t it?