Status: Finally posted up an epilogue... still not sure about writing a sequel, but maybe (:

Finding My Way Back To The Start

Two Cups Into My Coffee Break

John and I made our way to his car that was parked in my driveway. I stopped at the passenger side door as John walked to the back of the car. “Great car, John. Only you would have a car that has to be unlocked from the trunk.” I mumbled.

“Don’t hate on my car!” John exclaimed. “You’re just jealous that I have a car that actually runs.” He smirked as he eyed my broken Honda Civic parked on the street.

That wasn’t my fault, I swear. Things like that happen when you let Jared of all people fix a car. I would rather drive Garrett’s car any day, anyways. It’s fucking yellow, don’t blame me.

“Shut up and drive, O’Callaghan.” I said with an eye-roll.

“Quoting Rihanna, are we?” John joked as we sat ourselves in the car. I just shook my head at him. Our drive to Starbucks was silent except for John’s random road-rage outbursts. We pulled up to the Starbuck’s and parked on the street. I opened my car door and got out. I waited for John to join me but he never got out of the car. I walked over to his side of the car and opened his door.

“Johnny, in order to get your coffee, you have to go in and order it.” I teased.

He shook his head. “There’s a huge group of the Maine fan-girls right there,” he said as he raised his hand and pointed to a large group of girls, all wearing shirts that read the Maine.

I shook my head at my shy best friend. “Let’s go, Johnny. I’ll protect you from the little fan girls.” I teased. He sighed in defeat and got out. John grabbed my hand and ran us into the coffee shop. As soon as we got into the line, he stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. It was a bit awkward. He was my best friend for Pete’s sake. I turned my head to him with a raised eyebrow. He smiled at me and leaned his mouth to my ear.

“If they think we’re going out, they might leave us alone.” he whispered with a smile in his voice.

I sighed, “If you say so.” We got to the front and ordered our drinks. We got them a few moments later and we started making our way out of the Starbucks. John grabbed my hand and I looked him confused. He turned his head slightly and I saw him mouth "they’re watching us".

He is so stupid, I thought to myself.

Sadly, John’s plan failed and we were attacked by a group of girls. One was begging for marriage, one for sex, and one for a simple kiss. I shook my head and grabbed his wrist. “Sorry ladies, Johnny and I need to get out of here.” I pulled us from the circle of girls and made our way back to his car. We got in and started driving away.

As we slowed at a red light, John grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. I looked up at him and he just said “Thanks for saving my ass back there and going with it. I would have been stuck there forever.”

I replied with a simple "no problem" and let the ride continue in silence. I knew we were at Kennedy’s when I saw Garrett’s bright yellow car sitting on the street. That boy needs to get himself a new car.

John put the car into park and turned to me. “I know you hate Kennedy, but he’s one of my best friends. I would very much love if you please consider before you give any answer. Promise?” he asked with a nervous look to his eyes.

What the hell am I considering? You haven’t told me anything yet. “If it makes it easier for you, Johnny.” I said in a blank voice. His lips twitched up as he tried to fight his growing smile.

“Thanks.” Was all he said before he got out of the car and walked with me to the front of Kennedy’s house. When John and I reached the door, John lifted one of his very long legs and kicked the door a few times before Tim answered it. His eyes lit up when he saw me.

“Did you tell her yet?!” Tim yelled.

Tell me what? My eyebrows knit together in confusion. John let out a sigh.

“No dude, not yet. Way to ruin me trying to make this an intense moment.” John was pouting by the end of the sentence.

“No worries, love. I still have no clue what’s going on.” What was going on? We went inside and I sat at a bar stool by the island in the kitchen. Garrett came over and joined me with the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face. John turned and looked at me with his eyebrows pulled together, as if he was in deep thought. Since when does John think?

“Okay… well… we, the band… this summer… um…” John struggled for the correct way to phrase his sentence. “We’re playing on all of Warped Tour and the guys and I want you to do merchandise.” I turned to see none other then Kennedy Brock standing by the kitchen entrance with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes on the floor.

This is why John wanted me to consider. “No.” was all I said before getting up and walking to the door. John got over to me before I could reach my hand to the doorknob and pulled me down the hall into one of the guest bedrooms in the Brock household.

“You promised you’d consider before you answered! I know you hate Kennedy, Jac, I really do. But I really want you to come on this tour! It’s freaking Warped Tour, Jac! You love Warped. You always talk about how much you wanted to go on and now you have the chance to! Please don’t let how much you hate Kennedy get in the way of you coming! We get a bus, a really nice bus. Come tour with us. Please?” That was the most I’d ever heard John talk. And it was the first time he’d called me Jac in a while.

“Why does it matter if I go? You can get Trevor.”

“We don’t want Trevor, we want you. Please?” He said again with pleading eyes.

Hmm… Warped Tour. I have always wanted to go. I thought to myself. Even if I hate Kennedy, this is a great experience… What the hell? “Fine. I’ll go. But you owe me.” I mumbled.

“Yes! Daisy! You rule! You won’t regret this, I promise!”

That’s what he said last time.