Status: Finally posted up an epilogue... still not sure about writing a sequel, but maybe (:

Finding My Way Back To The Start

What Do You Say We Leave For California?

It has been two full weeks since Johnbegged forced me to do the merchandise for The Maine. I wasn’t entirely happy about that still, but one whole summer of free music, parties, and drinks, who could say no? My suitcase was all ready and packed, filled with ten pairs of skinny jeans, a few shirts, my Chucks and a pair of DCs, and all the other crap I needed. Mostly, I would be given free stuff by all the fans or sponsors anyways, so I still had a crap load of space in my suitcase. My messenger bag laid off to the side, holding my iPod, Apple Mac, and my Sidekick, each one charged and ready for the three or four hour drive to Pomona, California.

Dragging my suitcase and bag down the stairs, I saw Eric sitting on the couch in front of the television, watching SpongeBob yet again. “Dude, how many times have you seen that episode?” I asked, dropping all my stuff and taking a seat right next to my dear older brother. The TV showed the chipper sponge and his best friend going around town, asking everyone if he was ugly.

“What? SpongeBob is a classic. You should know that by now.” Eric retorted. He was always defensive about SpongeBob. To me, it was weird at times, but after living with him for seventeen years, you would get used to it.

I raised my right eyebrow and just shook my head. “Whatever you say.” At that second the doorbell rang, and I jumped up to get it. Don’t get me wrong, I was still a bit pissed, but I was also excited, too. Opening the front door, I was tackled into a hug by Mr. Hyperactive himself. “Pat, I love you and all, but will you please get off of me?” I chuckled.

“You’re going on tour with us again! You’re going on tour with us again!” he sang, off-tune as usual. As much as I love this boy, he couldn’t carry a tune to save his life.

“Yes, now would you please get off of me then we can get my stuff and leave already?”

“What? You already want to leave your dear older brother without a goodbye?” Eric said and faked a sad face.

Letting out a little scoff, I got up as soon as Pat got off of me and walked over to Eric, giving him a hug. “I’m going to miss you, bro. I’ll call as much as possible. I want to know if this house is still standing after you, Nick, L-Train, and Justin destroy it.”

“I will do no such thing!” he exclaimed.

“Sure. Well, I gotta go. Love ya,” I said. I gave Eric one last hug before I went out the front door, closing it on the way out. I saw the famous 16-passenger van outside on my driveway, all covered in signatures and numbers from fans.

It’s seriously not safe to drive in that thing, I thought to myself. Pat put my suitcase in the back and I got into the back seat. Inside, I saw the last person I wanted to be on this tour with.

“Kennedy,” I said in monotone.

“Jaclyn,” he replied in the same tone. I just wanted to scream. No one, I repeat, no one calls me by my full name. I had hated it ever since I was born. The only person who could call me that were my parents, and they still would refer to me as Jac or Lynley. The only time they would use my full name was when they were super mad, and that was only one time in my life when Eric and I stayed out a little bit too late for a concert.

Luckily, John Ohhh broke the awkward silence in the car. “We are off to go get Garrett and Jared, then we leave for California!” he cheered. Just as he said California, Tim switched on the stereo system and ‘California’ by Phantom Planet came on. “Oh wow, that’s creepy,” he said and eyed the stereo system a bit. I let out a small laugh and Pat started the van. No one trusted John Ohhh to drive and Tim was going to take over after we picked up Garrett and Jared.

Once at Jared’s house, I got out of the van to go and get the two remaining boys. Both were ready to go once the door was opened and we were off. Grabbing my iPod from my messenger bag, I turned it to some All Time Low, trying to drown out all the sounds of the boys in the van. By the time I was half way through ‘Remembering Sunday’ someone started to poke my side, which caused me to jump a bit in my seat.

“What the hell, Garrett?” I exclaimed at the dyed redhead next to me.

“You were falling asleep and it hasn’t been an hour yet!”

“Well sorry for being tired. Someone called me four o’clock in the morning, screaming into my ear,” I said and eyed the hyperactive drummer sitting in front of me.

“I couldn’t help it. I was excited. The last time you were on tour with us was with All Time Low, during the Money Tour. That was such a blast,” Pat explained.

“Plus, he had five red-bulls last night. Try being in the same house with him,” Tim grimaced, “ You should be happy you only had a phone call. I barely got any sleep with him running around.”

“I’m sorry, but shouldn’t you be used to it by now?” I said, shrugging a bit.

“I should be, but I’m not,” Tim replied and tried to focus back on the rode. On my right, I heard Kennedy scoff a bit. What was his problem? I never understood that boy. People know that Kennedy and I never did get along, and never will. Sometimes I even forget how this thing even started. It started in high school, when I first met most of the guys. Of course, I met Pat and Garrett first, considering that they both were in my homeroom.

Then during third period I met him. I was in his math class, Algebra II/Trig Honors. Yes, I was a nerd. No, I still don’t care what you think of me. I sat next to him and by the end of the class we were actually pretty good friends, surprisingly. It turned out that he was a junior and he didn’t feel like going ahead in math. He would rather play his guitar all day. To me, that was the perfect day too. So yeah, I was lying when I told you that I never got along with him. He was actually one of my good friends that gave me a good enough reason to wake up six o’clock every morning and walk to the hell hole we called public education.

Then came my sophomore year, and his senior year. Neither of us had any of the same classes. Kennedy actually felt like trying in school now, since it was his senior year. The only time we did see each other was during passing period or study hall or even lunch once in awhile, since he usually went off campus for lunch.

Now, don’t think that all my friends are guys, alright. I actually do have a few friends that are girls, especially one who just so happened to be my best friend. Audrey and I were friends since middle school, the only girl who didn’t think I was weird for rather choosing to wear jeans instead of mini-skirts. She respected that, and I loved her for that. Now she was good friends with Kennedy to, but somehow those feelings grew and they started dating. Don’t ask me how or why, they just did.

They were dating for about two months, and then it happened. I was at a party with Eric and John, both long gone somewhere and I saw Kennedy on the couch, making out with a girl who wasn’t Audrey. So I did what any best friend should do and I told her what I saw, but you know something? That bitch accused me of lying, thinking that I just wanted to break Kennedy and her up. I actually went to Kennedy to try to tell her, and actually fess up, but that douche didn’t say anything… until he was caught in the act. After that, Audrey tried to apologize to me a million times, but I never forgave her. Harsh, but some friend she was. As for Kennedy, well, as you can see, we just started to hate each other.

It just was torture to see him everywhere. At the end of that year, I was so glad that he graduated, but the dick had to quit the band he was in and joined the band Garrett and Pat were setting up. Then I saw him everywhere. When I would walk to Pat's house for band practice or just to chill with John Ohhh at his house, he would be there. He was everywhere and I hated it so damn much. Now, I had to spend a whole summer with him cramped on a bus, which was not my idea of fun. Thank God, I had other friends on tour.

An hour into our drive to California, the guys stopped for lunch at a McDonald’s. All of us piled out of the van and into the small fast food restaurant. John Ohhh went up with Tim to order all the food, while the rest of us found a place to sit. Again, I was forced to sit next to Kennedy, but gladly had Jared on my left.

“Dudes, I seriously can't wait until we get to Pomona. It would be great to see Martin again,” Jared smiled.

“Yeah, it would be cool to finally hang with the Forever The Sickest Kids, finally,” I agreed. Again Kennedy scoffed, thinking I wouldn’t hear him. “Okay, what is your problem?” I said, directing to the boy to my right.

“Nothing,” Kennedy replied.

“Well there must be a reason for why you're scoffing at everything I say?”

“Do you have to make a big deal out of everything?”

“Do you have to be such a dick?”

“Do you have to be such a bitch?” he retorted. Before the fight could escalate any more, John and Tim came to our table with our food.

This was going to be one hell of a tour.