Status: Finally posted up an epilogue... still not sure about writing a sequel, but maybe (:

Finding My Way Back To The Start

I Never Told A Lie And That Makes Me A Liar

Jac and Caleb started dating shortly after I read her phone. She hasn't been on our bus. She never comes around unless it's to do merch. I hate seeing one of my good friends with the girl I'm secretly in love with. It’s been around five or six days since I last talked to Jac, not that we talked all that much to begin with, but the reason behind us not talking now was driving me crazy.

All the guys have been wondering what’s up with me, and to be honest, I’m not even sure. I mean, yeah, I love Jac. She’s with one of my good friends, so I guess you’d think jealousy. But that’s not at all how I’m feeling. I’m more worried? I know how Caleb is with girls, and I know how Jac can be when she has a boyfriend. She falls fast, and she falls hard; I don’t want her to expect that from Caleb. As I sit on the bus by myself, again, thinking about not talking to Jac gets my last conversation- I mean argument, with her playing itself in my head.

I had read through Jac’s texts with Caleb, and I just had to tell her about how Caleb is when he has a girlfriend. The bus was quiet; all the guys had gone out leaving me to be the only one on the bus. The front door opened as I sat at the table trying to respond to kids on MySpace. Jac walked up the steps and towards the back. I looked up at her as she passed and without thinking I blurted out her name.

The look she gave me when she turned around was pure hatred. “What do you want, Brock?” she said, her voice seeping with venom.

“I… um… I wanted to talk to you about something… Can you please try and listen to what I have to say?” I asked cautiously. She closed her eyes and jumped onto the counter as she let out a sigh.

“Talk. I don’t guarantee I’ll listen completely, but go ahead,” Jac said her eyes now fixed on her dirty Chucks.

“Okay… Well… I know you and Caleb have kind of been--“

“This is about me and Caleb?!” she exclaimed. “What the hell could you possibly have to say about me and Caleb? Please, enlighten me with what you have to say!” Jac screamed with sarcasm in her tone. I looked down. I couldn’t look in her eyes without forgetting what I wanted to say.

“Caleb doesn’t have a very good... track record with girls. His girlfriends usually last less than 4 months. I know you fall for guy’s fast-“

“Don’t even go there, Brock. You have no, and I repeat, no say in who I date. Got it? I like Caleb and he likes me. Why do you even care about this?” She was fuming. Jac was so mad at me. I just wanted to help her; to let her know what she’s in for when she dates Caleb, but she won’t have it.

“I just don’t want to see you get hurt. I remember the last guy you dated. John beat the shit out of him after he broke your heart, and I really don’t want John to beat the shit out of Caleb. We’ll get kicked off tour, lose our friend, and John could possibly get arrested. And there’s no way I’m letting that happen,” I lied. There was no way I’m telling Jac that it is because I'm falling in love her and I don’t want her hurt or heartbroken.

“Well, Kennedy, you’re just going to have to deal. Caleb and I are together, so you can just fucking get over it.” Jac grabbed her bag and started walking towards the front door, but she stopped and turned around. “And you’re one to talk, Kennedy. You care how I’m feeling in this situation? Because you sure as hell didn’t care how Audrey felt when you were cheating on her,” she snapped. And with that, Jac left the bus.


I guess I had fallen asleep on the front of the bus, because before I knew it, I heard the sounds of Mario Cart and John yelling that everyone should let him win because he had a broken hand. Stretching and yawning, I made my way off the couch and toward the mini fridge for some water.

“Kenny, dude, you okay?” Tim asked as he walked in from the bunks, putting his phone in his back pocket.

“Nah dude, I’m fine,” I said as I shook my head. I’m horrible, dude. The girl I love is dating one of my friends and that friend can’t keep a girl to save his life. “Totally and perfectly fine.” A weak smile was forced onto my face, but Tim didn’t buy it.

“Okay… Well… um… Have any of you guys seen Jac lately? I feel like I never see her anymore.” Tim directed to the rest of the band.

“Uhh.. yeah… I talked to her today. She was watching 3OH!3’s set, and I met up with her. She’s been hanging with Caleb, I guess they’re going out,” John said, all his attention still focused on the screen.

“Well… I’m going to my bunk. I’ll see you guys later…” I said as I turned and walked back to the bunks. My iPod was on as I climbed into my bunk.

Just stay out of my dreams for one night, Jac.