Status: Finally posted up an epilogue... still not sure about writing a sequel, but maybe (:

Finding My Way Back To The Start

Cry Your Eyes Out

“Now that we’re men, we have facial hair. Now that we’re men, I changed my underwear!” Patrick and SpongeBob sang on their way to Shell City during the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. I guess I had inherited Eric’s strange obsession with watching SpongeBob. At the moment, Caleb and I were curled up in the back lounge watching the SpongeBob movie. Caleb and I had been together for a few days now, and I had to say, I thought I was falling for him. As I watched SpongeBob and Patrick dance around with seaweed on their faces, Caleb was texting on his phone.

“Babe, I got to pee. Be right back.” Caleb said. He kissed the top of my head and walked over to the small bathroom on the FTSK bus. He left his phone sitting on the couch, and I was pretty curious who he was texting. Before I knew it, my curiosity took over and Caleb’s phone was in my hand. I turned down the volume on the TV and continued to scroll through Caleb’s texts, and most of them were him getting flirty with another girl. All I could think was Kennedy was right, he was right about Caleb.

The door opened and Caleb walked through. I dropped his phone immediately.

“Hey, babe,” Caleb said as he took his seat next to me. His eyebrows pulled together in confusion when he looked at me. “You okay, Jac…? You seem… off…” he said.

Damn my face. It always gives away how I always feel. “I’m fine. I’m prefect.” I said with a fake smile. Caleb didn’t really believe me, and I could see that, but his face began to soften.

"Jac, you can talk to me.” A sigh escaped my lips and I looked up at my red headed boyfriend.

“A few days ago… I was talking to someone and that someone said some… stuff… about, well, you,” I told him.

He looked confused. “What did this someone say about me?” he asked, confused and slightly angry.

“Well… He or she said that you never really… commit… to girlfriends… and when you have girlfriends… they don’t last very long…” I looked up at him and he was staring at me with a hard face. “Tell me it isn’t true.”

“Jac, who told you that?” Kennedy wasn't my friend, but I wasn't going to rat him out like that.

“Um… I…I…” I stuttered.

“No. Okay? No. You believed that shit? You believed this crap people are telling you? If you’re going to believe that shit, then I don’t want to have to deal with you right now. It’s just a waste of my time,” Caleb said with a hard voice. My eyes were brimming with tears and I made my way off the FTSK bus.

“Sorry you wasted your time on me,” I whispered.

“Jac!” the platinum haired drummer yelled at me as he walked up the front steps.

“I have to go, Kyle,” I mumbled as I pushed past him and made my way back to The Maine’s bus. It was getting darker out and I wasn’t entirely sure where the guys’ bus was parked. My hand went to my back pocket where my phone usually was, but it wasn’t there. Fuck. I had left my phone on FTSK’s bus.

“Jac?” I heard. I whipped around and saw Kennedy walking towards me. His face softened as he got closer and saw my tear stained face. “Jac, what happened?” Kenny asked, sincerity coating his voice.

“Nothing… nothing happened. I just want to get back to the bus.” He looked at me confused.

“You just got off your bus…” he said slowly.

I shook my head, “Your bus, Kenny, I want to go back to your bus.”

He looked at me stunned. “What?”

“You called me Kenny. You haven’t called me Kenny since we we’re actually friends. I’m just surprised.” The way he sounded so happy that I was being civil with him made me start tearing up again. His face turned from joy to panic in a second.

“Jac, what’d I say? Why are you crying?” he asked, concerned. I just hugged his torso and started crying into his chest.

“You…you… you were right… You were right.” I cried into his chest.

“Jac, stop crying, and what was I right about? Come on.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to The Maine’s bus.

“No… no… I don’t want them to see me crying,” I whispered and pulled back from the door.

“Jac, its okay, they’re all at a party. I was walking around to think.” I looked straight at his eyes, and they were so honest and truthful.

“Okay.”

He pulled me to the back lounge and sat me down on the couch. He crouched in front of me and made me look at him.

“Jac, why am I right? Why are you crying?”

“I told Caleb what you said, but I didn’t use your name. He got really mad and told me I was a waste of his time.” I sniffed. Why was I telling him all this? He was my enemy, the guy I couldn’t stand, but right now, he was acting like he was my best friend. I was so confused. This was another reason I didn’t want to go on tour. I was perfectly content with my life as it was.

He pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear, “You’re not a waste of time. You’re perfect; Caleb’s just an idiot if he can’t see that.”

Kennedy’s Point of View

“You’re not a waste of time. You’re perfect, Caleb’s just an idiot if he can’t see that.” My eyes went wide. Did I just say that out loud? I watched her as she calmed down then I spoke up.

“I don’t hate you, Jac. I really don’t. I’d rather try and be friends.” What the fuck, Kenny? Stop talking. She laughed. What the hell does that mean?

“You know just what to say. I think you’ve been hanging out with John too much.” She laughed. “But, um, if you want to try and be friends, I guess we can give it a try… if you want?” she asked. All I could do is nod my head.

I do want it, but I want just a bit more.