Status: Finally posted up an epilogue... still not sure about writing a sequel, but maybe (:

Finding My Way Back To The Start

I'm The Fire That You Can't Blow Out

It had been a day since the incident with Caleb. I still saw him around the venue we were at, but neither of us would talk to each other. Sure we would interlock eyes once in awhile, but then we would break contact once someone else called our names.

It wasn’t my sudden Caleb avoidance that shocked The Maine boys, it was Kennedy and my sudden change toward each other. We went from fighting every second of everyday to being civil to each other and actually joking around. Garrett even offered to drive both Kennedy and I to the doctor to get our temperatures checked. Even when I told Eric and the guys back home this morning, they literally gasped over the video camera. Was it so weird that Kennedy and I finally decide to be friends?

-------------

It was a new day. We were in Indiana after a whole day of driving from Houston. It was good to finally get off the bus and walk around without the scare of tripping on a moving bus. The guys went off with their equipment, setting up on the SmartPunk stage. I went to their tent with a box full of merch along with Moose. Standing there was a boy that I thought I wouldn’t see unless it was across a crowd of people. In his hand were a single rose and my sidekick.

“Um, hi. You left your phone on the bus on Sunday,” Caleb said, holding out my phone. “Jac, you think we could talk? In private?” I put down the box I was holding, and pulled down Kennedy’s Glamour Kills shirt, over my skinnies. Then I looked over to Moose, to see if it was okay.

“Go ahead, I can set up,” he said, nodding. I followed the ginger back to the front of The Maine’s bus, stopping by the door. I didn’t know whether or not to go inside, so I just stayed outside. Caleb still held my phone, so I took it out of his hand and stuffed it into the front pocket of my jeans.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” I asked, not looking into his eyes.

“Well first off, I just want to tell you that I am so sorry. I did not mean anything I said. I was just under so much stress, tour after tour, each were right after each other,” he explained.

Still not looking at him, I replied, “That’s really not a good excuse, but I just have one question. Who’s the girl from the texts?”

“You read them?” Caleb asked with a worried face. I was surprised that he wasn’t angry.

“Yeah, I’m sorry, but who is she, anyway?”

“It’s good. She’s actually a friend back home. We always like to joke around,” Caleb said. I didn’t know whether or not to believe him, but as I always lived by, I always trusted a ginger. Look at Jared for example.

“Okay, I trust you. Am I really a waste of time?” I asked, finally looking at him. Those words stung so hard when he said them. It was the first time I cried in a couple of years when I ran off the bus. Who would have known that a boy would be the one to make me cry? Last time it was because my grandmother died. I never have gotten my heart broken before; usually I was the one who broke the heart, sadly.

“Jac, you were never a waste of time,” Caleb said, cupping my face and placing his lips on top of mine.

-------------

Kennedy’s Point of View

Finding everything ready to go for our set, I walked back to the bus to just relax before the gates open for Warped. To me, finally getting Jaclyn as a friend again was so much better than her being my enemy. Every insult I told her, every joke, it was hard to just bring it out, put on an act, for everyone. It crushed me to call her a bitch, and everything. I couldn’t help it, it was the only way I could talk to her, or have her speak to me. I was so glad that we are finally friends.

Passing by our tent, I didn’t see Jac, just Moose, setting up all the merch. “Hey Moose, where’s Jac?” I asked our other merch boy.

“Oh, she left with Caleb a few minutes ago. I think they are by the bus,” he said, not looking at me and still pinning up all the shirts and such.

Wait, Caleb?

Why would she be with him? I thought she was still pissed at him or something? This was not good. I quickly walked back to our bus and saw something I didn’t want to see ever again.

Jac and Caleb were making out, hardcore.

It took all my willpower to tear my eyes away and not just go up and punch the guy in the face. I was in love with Jaclyn Daisy Halvorsen, there was no doubt about it.

-------

Back to Jac’s Point of View

Once Caleb detached his lips from mine, I couldn’t help but smile. Sure it was only one day, but I missed my boy.

“Jac, I’m super sorry about everything-“ Caleb started, but I cut him off

“It’s fine. It was my fault for accusing you,” I said, smiling.

“By the way, I was wondering, who was that someone anyways?”

I just shrugged, “It was Kennedy, trying to look out for me, but that was back when we were still fighting and such. I knew I shouldn’t have listened to him. It was just bullshit anyways,”

“Wait, you and Kennedy aren’t fighting anymore?” he asked, slightly shocked.

“Yeah, we aren’t anymore. Actually when I ran off the bus after… yeah. I ran into Kennedy and we talked all the shit out and decided to be friends.”

“Oh, well its awesome that you two are friends now, but you are still my girl, so you still have to come and catch my set today.”

“Of course,” I said, placing a kiss on his cheek.

Everything was perfect again.