Status: Finally posted up an epilogue... still not sure about writing a sequel, but maybe (:

Finding My Way Back To The Start

Stay Awake, Dreams Only Last For A Night

Kennedy’s Point of View

Fuck my life, seriously. Finally, the girl I’m practically in love with was friends with me, but she has a fucking boyfriend. Why is life so unfair? Why did I have to fall for the sarcastic, clever girl? This is not what I pictured my life would turn out to be like.

----------------------

I was sitting on the bus, driving overnight to Pittsburgh. Everyone was asleep in the back, and Jac was back on Forever’s bus. Tim was out in front, driving, switching with Moose in a couple of hours. It was two in the fucking morning, but I couldn’t get to sleep. All I could think about was Jac. She even took over my dreams at night. So I just gave up on sleeping, deciding fuck it. All I could do was sit in the bus lounge and watch TV, while drinking some coffee. Not the best idea, but whatever.

The bus jolted over a pot hole, causing me to jump from my seat a bit. I heard someone in the back fall off his bunk with a grunt. My best bet was that it was Jared. Then the aforementioned ginger walked out of the bunk area and took a seat next to me.

“Damn bus,” he muttered under his breath. “Hey Kennedy,” he said rubbing his eyes a bit, “What are you still doing up?”

“Couldn’t sleep,” I replied, taking a sip of my coffee.

“Jac?” Jared inquired.

“Um… ugh, no,” I stuttered.

“Dude, it’s two ‘o clock in the fucking morning,” he said looking over at the digital clock on the wall. “I can’t tolerate bullshit at the moment,” The thing about Jared was that he could see through people’s lies in a snap. The cool thing was that when you do tell him the truth, he would guard it with his life, or so I’ve been told. Jac would talk to him about everything and we, as in the rest of the band, would never know what it was unless she told us herself.

I sighed, deciding what the heck, let’s tell Jared my fucking life story. “I don’t know what to do, seriously. That girl is everywhere, doing our merch, chilling with everyone, in my fucking dreams, even. I can’t get her out of my fucking head,”

“Sounds like you are seriously head over heels,” Jared said, nudging me a bit.

“Unfortunately, but I can’t tell her. I just got her back as a friend. It would just screw everything up again. Plus, there is that Caleb dilemma,” I said, putting my elbows on the table and resting my head on my hands.

“Dude, I have no clue what to say. All I can think up right now is that you should just let things work out. It could work out in your favor, you never know, but you should have told her that you were in love with her awhile ago,”

“I wish I had…” I whispered, taking another sip from my coffee. What I didn’t know was during that midnight advice chat I had with Jared, someone else was listening in to our conversation, a certain faux red-headed bassist.

------------------------

It had been three days since that night talk with Jared. We were taking all of our stuff from the stage and back to the bus, seeing that warped was ending for the day and kids were leaving. The merch tent was already packed up and Jac was no where to be found.

“Guys, have you see Daisy anywhere?” John asked.

“I haven’t really seen her since we relieved her of her merch duties an hour ago. I think she might be on Forever’s bus, hanging with Caleb again,” Pat said and shrugged, loading his drums into the back.

“Actually, I saw her go back into the bus with a friend. Dakota, I think. Forever’s merch girl?” Jared said, walking with a couple guitars in his hands. “But I couldn’t go in there if I were you. Dakota was seriously bitching to anyone who went inside. I dunno why though.”

“Time of month?” Garrett shrugged. The thing was with us guys, yeah, we blame everything moody on that. The rest of us just shrugged at that, probably thinking it was. Suddenly John looked up and dropped the microphone stand he was holding.

“Holy shit,” he said, making all of use turn around. There was Jac, standing outside the bus door, with Dakota on her left. She was not the girl I recognized; Actually, I had to do a double take to make sure this was the same Jaclyn Daisy Halverson I fell for three years ago. She was wearing a short blue dress that stopped right before her knee with some white flats that tied up around her ankle. Her usual Jac Vanek bracelets were replaced with some black bangles on her right arm and silver with purple and blue bangles on her left arm. A simple sliver heart necklace was placed on her neck and her hair was not in its usually straight down, instead it was tied up and curled.

Man, she is so fucking gorgeous.

“Yeah, I’m changing right now,” she said, doing a 180 and headed back into the bus.

“Oh no, you are not. It took me an hour to force you into that outfit and you are not changing now,” Dakota said, pulling her back.

“Damn…” Garrett gasped, “Lynley, dude you look amazing,”

“Yeah, I have to agree with Garrett, you look fantastic.” Pat nodded, making his hair go more out of place.

Jared put the guitars away before facing Jac again. “Yeah, I didn’t know you owned a dress,” he said, laughing a bit.

“Hardy har har, I still can’t believe Eric made me bring this,” she said, crossing her arms.

“Remind me to thank him when I video chat with him tonight. Daisy, if I do say so myself, you look fucking hot. Caleb is one lucky guy,” John said, walking over to Jac and using her shoulder as an arm rest.

“Yeah, well Ms. Halverson here needs to get going or she will be late for her dinner date with Caleb, so bye!” Dakota said, dragging her away to Forever’s bus. I was still in shock about her sudden change; I would have bet my jaw was hanging the whole time.

“I’ll be on the bus if you need me,” I mumbled, putting the guitar in my hands away, and then slamming the door once I was inside.

--------------------------

It was night, Jac walked back on the bus, still looking as perfect as ever.

“So you have fun on your date?” I asked, looking down.

“Actually, not really. I broke it off with Caleb tonight,” she said, taking off her flats.

“What why?”

“’Cause I’m in love with someone else,” she said, coming towards me. Her body pressed close so mine.

“W-who are y-you i-in lo-ove with?” I asked, stuttering a bit and keeping my hormones in check.

“You,” Jac stood on her toes and leaned in to kiss me. About one millimeter before she could, it all turned black.


---------------------------

I awoke with a jolt. That dream seemed too real. I heard the door close, and Jac was there, standing like she did when she entered in my dream, glowing and full of happiness. I had to remind myself this wasn’t a dream, but reality and Jac was with Caleb, not me.

“Hey, sorry, did I wake you?” Jac said with a sorry look on her face.

“No, I’m good,” I said, sitting up and rubbing my eyes, “How was your date?”

“Awesome, fantastic, wonderful,” Jac gushed, “…don’t tell anyone I just said that. I seriously feel like a princess when I’m with him. It’s so weird.”

“Well I’m glad you had fun.” I said, standing up.

“Yeah, and I’m glad we are finally friends again. Usually, you would have made some comment about how I looked tonight,” she said, smoothing out her dress, “Well it’s late and we have a big day tomorrow.”

“Yeah…” She walked back to the bunk area, holding her flats in her hands. “Oh yeah, Jac?”

“Hmm?” she said, turning around. Her curls hit her face, but bounced right back.

“John was right, Caleb is one lucky guy.” I smiled.

I just wished I had Caleb’s luck.