Until You're Mine

16. I Can Find My Mind Keeps on Coming Back to You

All the boys had left the girls at the bar so they could set up. Cappie offered to buy Molly a shot with her fake ID to help calm her nerves. This earned a quick no from Molly and Garrett and a snide remark from Lauren, who had unfortunately turned up. That had resulted in a staredown between Cappie and Lauren until Logan showed up.

"Hi hi hi!" Logan said, as she came up to the girls. "Sorry I'm so late. Traffic was--ohmygosh!" She gasped once she caught sight of Molly. "Molly! You look so pretty!" Molly squeaked out a small thank you as Logan hugged her.

Logan looked towards the stage and John smiling at her, beckoning her to come to him. She gave a small wave to Molly and Cappie as she walked off. Molly heard Cappie groan and looked over at her.

"He's done it again," Cappie said, nodding towards Kennedy. Molly looked at him. He had somehow managed to get himself tangled in the wires. "I better go rescue him." Cappie giggled a little. As she walked to the stage, leaving Molly alone with Lauren.

Awkward.

"I envy them, ya know?" Lauren said, sidling up to Molly, who gave her a confused look. "It's just they've been together for so long. Cappie and Kenny since birth, John and Logan since sophomore year. Part and I are going on two years." Molly had a feeling of what she was getting at. And she wasn't liking it. "Then you came along. And you're just so quiet."

"I like to think it provides contrast." Molly tried to say bravely, but her voice betrayed her by coming out shaky.

"Oh sweetie," Lauren said in a fakely sweety sympathetic tone. She put her hand over hers. "of course you do. You just...don't fit in."

Those words stung. They hit Molly like a ton of bricks. She looked to the front at everybody. They chemistry between them flowed naturally. Lauren was right. Molly didn't fit in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally!
I know, you guys totally hate me for not updating sooner.

I'm sorry. I've been busy with finals and graduations coming up.
Comment/subscribe.