Until You're Mine

20. I Have to Find a Way to Fill This Hole Inside

Molly sat idly at her computer staring at her desktop, which was a picture of her and Garrett making a silly face. Her life had gone back to its quiet self as it was before. Just like she wanted it. But something didn't feel quite right. She would never admit it, but she missed the calamity and chaos Garrett and everybody else had brought into her life.

Tonight was prom night and she wouldn't be going. She saw this day coming a while back though. Who would ask her when she wasn't even popular? No one knew she existed except Garrett. And she had stupidly ended things with Garrett because she was too damn scared. So going with him was out of the picture.

She looked down at her phone anxiously. She was secretly hoping that someone would text her. But so far, only a blank screen stared up at her. She adjusted her glasses thinking maybe they weren't on properly.

That's when she heard the music. It was coming from outside her window in the backyard.

Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me


Molly stood up and leaned over her desk to look out her window. Her eyes grew wide and her hands flew over her mouth in surprise at the scene in front of her. Garrett was right outside, with his acoustic softly singing her favorite Beatles song. Her mom must have snuck him in. He smiled once he saw her and continued on with the song.

I don't want to leave her now
You know I believe her now

Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don't need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me

Don't want to leave her now
You know I believe her now


Molly raced out of her room and down the stairs. Her mother smiled as she ran by, not even bothering to stop her. She thought it was so sweet what Garrett was doing. Molly pushed open the back door and stopped once she stood directly in front of Garrett. Garrett smiled at her continuing on with the song.

You're asking me will my love grow
I don't know, I don't know
You stick around now it may show
I don't know, I don't know

Something in the way she knows
And all I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me

Don't want to leave her now
You know I believe her now


A single tear escaped her eye. That was so beyond amazing. No one had ever done anything like that for her. Garrett smiled at her pleased his plan was going well.

"Molly," He began. "since it's prom and all, may I have this dance?"

"There's no music." She started, soon realizing it was a stupid thing to say.

"We don't need music." He stated, setting his guitar down and taking her hand he pulled her closer to him. His arms wrapped around her waist as hers encircled his neck. They slowly began to sway to the night noise.

"I'm sorry," Molly said. "for avoiding you. I guess I just got scared and this is all so new to me and I've never ever felt this way about anyone before and I don't know what to do and usually--"

"Molly," Garrett said, laughing lightly at her. "I love you."

Molly stared at him. This didn't happen to her. Nothing exciting happened in her life. Especially things such as love. She wanted this so bad though. Garrett was giving it to her. Her mind was drawing blanks.

"I love you, too." She said, so sure of what she was feeling. She wanted this and no one was going to stop her. It was her time to shine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, I'm so proud of her.
I'm proud of myself for writing that lol.
One more chapter?

Anyways, new story.
Please go subscribe to it.
First chapter up soon.
Please please please!