‹ Prequel: A Maybe Relationship
Sequel: A Mistaken Identity

A Messed-Up Heart

Hypnosis

Saturday morning came and I knew perfectly well what Valentine’s Day would mean for me and Betsy. Valentine’s Day was supposed to be the most romantic day of the year. And, with Kevin being the most romantic Jonas, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind of the fact that Allison was going to get something amazing from Kevin. Betsy was also going to have to deal with the same thing with Zora dating Joe, but it was not to the extent that I had to deal with. It bothered me endlessly to know that Betsy and I were going to have to deal with Kallison and Jora in full force today. It was the worst day for us to deal with that.

While Betsy was in the bathroom getting ready for the day, there was a knock at the door. Asking who it was would be stupid as I already knew who it was, so I just let Nick in. He was the only one that knew that Betsy and I were staying here anyway. Joe, Kevin, Zora, and Allison were supposed to be oblivious to the truth. “Nick, what’s up?” I asked.

“They know,” Nick said simply.

“Allison and Zora?” I asked. “Nick, how’d they find out about the fact that we’re here? I mean, what were Kevin and Joe doing that allowed their idiotic girlfriends to become aware of the fact that you personally invited me and Betsy out here to New York to watch you guys perform on SNL? After all, they were never supposed to know about all of this. It’s why Betsy and I were staying at a separate hotel from you guys. Allison and Zora have already ruined our lives; they weren’t supposed to know about this. So, what happened?”

“The psychic ability we’ve all come to hate,” Nick explained. “It caused Allison to realize the fact that you’re here. Joe and Kevin aren’t aware of you being here, but the girls are.”

“Of course,” I groaned. “I really should have guessed that Allison was going to use her psychic ability in order to foil our plan. After all, I was the one to realize that Allison even had this psychic ability. If Allison wasn’t psychic, she and Kevin never would have come to that Halloween Dance as Belle and the Beast while everyone else came as Alice in Wonderland characters. Allison never would have realized anything about me or Betsy if it wasn’t for that stupid psychic ability. None of this would have ever happened.”

At that moment, Betsy came out of the bathroom. She had been listening to our conversation as I soon noticed. “Plus, I would probably still be dating Joe if it wasn’t for Allison and her psychic ability. Joe never would have found my hot guy list and broken up with me. Duh, I don’t know why you and Kevin broke up when you were so good together, but Kallison’s existence has caused you and me nothing but trouble. And, it is only going to get worse.”

Nick spoke up. “There’s something else.”

“What?” we asked.

“I’m not really at liberty to say, but I can tell you this: it is nothing good,” Nick said. “You know that, since today is Valentine’s Day, my brothers each intend on doing something special for their girlfriends. Beth, you’re luckier in this sense as Joe’s plan for Zora is not as elaborate; however, Manda, I can tell you right now that you have a problem to deal with. Between the two of them, Kevin is definitely acting weirder at the moment. Allison is not good for him and I have proof. Whenever he’s around her, it’s as if no one else exists. It’s sickening. I’ve tried to come up with a reason for all of this, and the only thing I can come up with is hypnosis. This hypnosis is being used as yet another way to keep you away from my eldest brother in the same way that Beth is being kept from Joe.”

“Hypnosis?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Nick nodded. “I think that’s what’s been going on. Of course, I really can’t be sure of this. All I do know is that my brother is acting like he doesn’t even care about the music anymore. He seems to care more about Allison than the music these days.”

When I heard that, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind of the fact that Allison was only doing this to bother me. Even worse than that, I knew what was going to happen next. Of course, rather than telling my sister and Nick what I knew, I kept it to myself. It would probably be best for me to confront Allison about everything that had been going on. And, it would have to be done before what I suspected ultimately became a reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.