Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

The Pope And Gerard Have Stuff In Common.

She heard the creak of the bus door opening and the yelling antics of Frank. Kyra quickly she shut her eyes and pretended to be asleep, knowing that they would ask questions if they caught her crying. Meanwhile Kat just sat in her bunk, thinking to herself.

"Hey Kit Kat," Frank smiled, kissing his girlfriend on the cheek.

"Great," Kat said to herself.

"Uhm...I didn’t ask how you were but okay?"

Kat smiled still looking at the ceiling, "You sure you don't want to go out?"

"Go out where?" Mikey asked, walking into the bunk area

"I have no idea. I just think we should go out."

"Uh Kat, in case you've forgotten, we have a show tonight so we cant," Frank said.

Kat sighed, "After the show?"

"We'll be back on the bus."

Kat nodded. She wanted to do something fun. Anything, other than staying on the bus being bored out of her mind.

"Its too quiet. Is Kyra okay? I mean I haven’t heard her ask for food or anything," Frank said

"I think she is sleeping," Kat lied.

"You think?"

"Yes. I think, why?"

"I don’t know. I just thought you guys would be doing pranks or something...unless this is the prank. MIKEY DON’T OPEN THAT CURTAIN!" Frank yelled and pointed at his punk.

Kat sighed, "Well if she was asleep she's not now.. And no we’re not pranking anyone, like I said, I thought she was asleep."

Kyra laid there listening with her hands tightly holding onto the blanket. She heard the curtain open and felt the wait of someone sitting down on the bunk.

"Are you alright?" The familiar voice said.

"I'm fine," she croaked out.

"Frank, let’s get some coffee," Kat said, once she realized Mikey had moved the curtain to his and Kyra's bunk.

Kat got up quickly and dragged Frank with her to the front of the bus as fast as she could. Frank went along confused, still trying to listen to Mikey and Kyra.

"Want to go for a walk?" Kat asked not wanting to get yelled at by Mikey for upsetting Kyra, and not wanting Frank to know she lied to him.

"Uh...Not really but okay..." Frank muttered as she grabbed his hand and pulled him off the bus.

"What‘s wrong Ky?" Mikey asked, rubbing her arm.

"Nothing's wrong Mikey," she said facing the wall.

"What happened? You were in a good mood when we left."

"Nothing," she sniffed.

"Well something happened. You’re crying, please tell me."

"I'm not crying."

"I love you," Mikey told her, as he lay down beside her, and wrap his arms around her waist. Mikey just held her close to him, hoping she, would tell him what was wrong.

"I’m sorry. I am so sorry Mikey. I didn’t mean it," she muttered.

"Mean what?"

"I’m sorry," she mumbled.

"For what? What did you do?"

She thought about coming clean about everything over the past 6 years. Especially about her and Gerard. She didn’t know how long she could continue lying and hiding it, "I’m just sorry."

Mikey looked at her very confused, "Baby, you have to tell what you're sorry for. I don't know what you're talking about.”

She bit her lip, "Doesn’t matter."

"Please tell me? If you're that sorry it must matter."

"Its nothing important," she muttered, rolling over to her other side so she was facing Mikey.

"Tell me," he said, kissing her.

She shook her head .

"Why not?"

"Because I can’t tell you."

"Why not?"

"I just can’t. I’m sorry."

"You're not leaving me for Kat are you?" He asked remembering how she had once accused him of leaving her for Frank.

"No, of course not," she whispered, playing with the hair just behind his ear.

"Sorry Frank woke you up. Do you know why he yelled at me not to open the curtain?"

"No," she softly said.

"Are you coming to the show?"

"I don’t know. Maybe," she said with a touch of sadness in her voice.

"What’s wrong?"

"Nothing. Everything is fine."

"Kyra, please tell me."

"Everything’s fine. I’m fine. You’re fine. Gerard is fine. The Pope is fine. We're fine right Michael?"

"Did you just call me Michael? And what does the Pope and Gee have to do with the sadness I hear in your voice?"

"Well that’s your name right Michael?" She chuckled, "Well the Pope and Gee have stuff in common. They're both some how religious figures right?"

"Yes, but that still doesn't tell me what they have to do with you sudden sadness, Lee," Mikey smirked.

"Way to fuck up Michael. Lee is my middle name, unlike Mikey which is abbreviated from Michael."

"Maybe that’s just what you want me to believe."

"Maybe," she sighed.

"Kyra, where did you learn how to come up with such awesome come backs?"

"The same place Gerard gets his shut up potion."

"Gee has a shut up potion?"

"My sarcasm is wasted on you."

"That hurts," he pouted.

"Oh quiet you," she silenced him with a kiss.

Mikey kissed back, he loved the way she could always shut him up like this. They kept kissing as her hands played with the top of his shirt. He slowly ran his tongue over Kyra's bottom lip, while his hands went up and down her sides. One of her hands stroked his cheek with her thumb while the other was nicely positioned behind his head.
Mikey pulled Kyra closer to him.

He pulled her closer to him when her hands began weaving up his shirt. Mikey broke the kiss and allowed Kyra to pull his shirt off. She lifted it up and over his head, throwing the black ball of material down to the end of the bunk. He pressed his lips to Kyra’s neck, working his way up. Kyra broke off and took her own tee off, returning to his lips moments after while starting on his belt.

Mikey stopped her after she had gotten his belt off, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Don't, Don’t you want to?" She whispered.

"Well yes. I mean no. Of course I want to but not if it will hurt you. You did just get out of the Hospital a few days ago."

"Always with the reality checks, aren’t you Michael?" She said putting her tee back on. Kyra climbed across him and went to the front of the bus to get her shoes.

Mikey followed her, "Where are you going?"

"For a walk," she said putting her shoes on. Kyra walked down onto the bottom step, "I’d put your tee and shit back on if I were you." She walked off the bus and headed into the venue for the night’s performance.

Mikey didn't listen to her, he didn't even bother to put on shoes, he just chased after her. She kept going, not looking back. Kyra was determined to get to the venue and relax. Walking through the car park, it was quite a sight to see. A girl furiously storming off while being followed by shirtless -and shoeless- bass guitarist.

"Kyra Lee, stop right now," Mikey yelled at her, wanting to know why exactly she was walking away from him.

She swung around, about to yell something back when someone beat her to it "OH MY GOD! ITS SHIRTLESS MIKEY WAY!"

"Shit," Mikey muttered as he started to run for his life, holding his pants up with his hands to make sure they didn’t fall down, "KYRA HELP ME!"

Kyra rolled her eyes, "And how do you expect me to do that?"

"I don't know but don't let them rape me."

“What do you want me to do!?" She said through her teeth

"RUN!" Mikey yelled as the screaming got closer.

Kyra put her hands in her pockets and casually kept walking at the same pace as she was before.

"Why did you run off?" Mikey asked as he slowed down to a jog.

"I didn’t run off. Technically I walked."

"Why?"

"Well I felt like a walk," she said going inside the venue.

Mikey started to walk beside Kyra, "Why didn't you ask me to come along? Do you not want me around?"

"Why didn’t you put your shit back on? Do you want to get raped?"

"No, but you took off I didn't have time to find a shirt. I didn't put shoe's on either," he said, pointing to his bare feet.

"The shirt was right where you left it."

"Actually you left it there, and that was all the way in the bunk area, I couldn't risk you running. If I would have went for a shirt I might not have caught up."

"Well you caught up didn’t you Michael?"

"Yes I did. Now why all of a sudden did you feel the need for a walk?"

"Because I just do! Do I have to explain everything!?

"Only when it comes to us making out and then you yelling and running off."

"There’s two things wrong with what you just said. I didn’t yell and I didn’t run!"

"Okay fine then, when you get the angry voice and walk away from me, better?"

Kyra rolled her eyes and mumbled profanities under her breath while walking off. Mikey decided it was best to leave her alone and go see if he could do another sound check.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, I wonder what will happen.
I know. And so does one other person.
Thoughts?