Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'And Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts'?

Give A Cheer For All The Broken

Stop Blaming Yourself.

Mikey waited til he thought Kyra was asleep and repeated his action from the night before. Kyra awoke the next morning, facing the wall with Mikey's arm draped over her and his body close to hers while their feet were tangled. She laid there, not moving as if she were asleep, just enjoying the moment.

Mikey woke up a little while later, but just pulled Kyra closer to him, thinking she was still asleep. She kept her eyes shut, still pretending to be asleep with the smallest smile forming at the corner of her lips.

"I love you more then you will probably ever know," Mikey said, lightly kissing her hair and taking in the way it smelled.

Her heart could of broken right there and then because of those words, the guilt of her and Gerard rising up again.

Mikey was lost in his thoughts of her and him when they where teens and carefree, "What did I ever do so wrong for us to end up this way?" Mikey thought out loud, knowing there would be no real answer.

"Stop blaming yourself. You didn't do anything," she mumbled with her eyes still shut.

"What?" Mikey shrieked looking around the room for someone but finding it was still just him and Kyra.

"Shhh, or you'll wake Jamie up," she whispered rolling over so she was facing him.

"How long have you been awake?" Mikey asked, letting her go and scooting away.

"Not long."

"What all did you hear?"

"Just the part about ending up this way," she lied.

"Kyra, I had to do something. I just don't know what I did or when I did it."

"You didn't do anything. You know I suck at relationships, they always end up ruined," she whispered.

"Yeah but for you to cheat, means some how I had to do something to make you unhappy along the way. "

"This is always going to be hanging over us, isn't it?" She sighed.

"I don't know if it will or not. I just want to understand, that’s all. Was it something we did or was it fate’s way of pushing us part?"

"I don't know," she muttered.

Mikey sighed, as James started to cry, "Want me to get him?"

"No, I'll get him," Kyra said wanting to get away from the awkwardness of the conversation. She got up and checked on him, before changing his diaper and going to fix a bottle for him.

Mikey laid in bed thinking about Kyra, mostly about how she had changed in the last six years and that she was a great mom. The last thought causing him to smile.

She came back around fifteen minutes later and sat their son on Mikey's chest before going over to her side of the bed.

"Good morning. How was breakfast? Is mommy in a better mood now?" Mikey asked, talking to his son.

Kyra thought about saying something back to him about being in a better mood but decided to leave it, instead she just sat on the bed watching Mikey and Jamie.

"Is something wrong?"

"No. Why would it be?" She gave a small smile.

"I don't know, you've just been quite for a while."

Kyra shrugged, "Why speak if there's nothing to say?"

"I guess you’re right, anyway, I think I should get a shower now."

"Okay," she said as he handed her their son and walked off.

Once Mikey was in the shower, he washed up and was about ready to get out when he realized he didn't bring a towel with him. "Kyra!" Mikey yelled sticking his head out the door.

"Mommy will be right back," she said, putting Jamie down in his crib, "What is it?" she asked walking to the bedroom door.

"I forgot my towel. Will you get me one please?"

Kyra rolled her eyes and went to cupboard to get a towel for him. She took it over to him and offered it to him before snatching the towel away, "What's the magic word?" Kyra smirked.

"Please? With a cherry on top?"

Kyra shook her head with that smirk still on her face.

"Give me that towel or I will do something drastic."

"Like what?" She asked, taking a step back.

Mikey didn't reply. He just stuck his arm out and pulled Kyra in to the bathroom with him. He was now hovering over her, his lips inches from hers. "Can I have that now, please?" He smirked.

Kyra shook her head, with the word "No," coming out slowly.

Mike leaned his head in slowly and placed his lips to hers. At first she didn't kiss back, but a few moments later she did. Mikey wrapped one arm around her, while using his other to reach for the towel.

"Y-You can have that towel now," she said softly as she pulled away, handing him the towel.

Mikey just smiled, not because he had the towel, but because he and Kyra just shared one of the best kisses ever.

"I-I-I should get back," Kyra said, turning around, fumbling with the door handle for a moment before ripping the door open and leaving the room.

Mikey dried off and got dressed quickly, that stupid smile still planted on his face.

"Stupid, stupid," Kyra whispered so low no one else could hear as she went through her bags.

Mikey walked to the door but went no further. He just watched her, not sure what to really say after that kiss, all though he would definitely do it again.

Kyra ran a hand through her blonde hair and sighed before resuming the search in her bag.

"Anything I can help you find?" Mikey asked after watching her for a good five minutes.

"Huh? Oh no. It's not that important, I'm going to have a shower," she said, grabbing her clothes and making sure she had a towel.

"I'm sorry if I over step my boundaries earlier," Mikey said, looking around the room.

Kyra nodded and squeaked out "It's fine," before going to the bathroom.

Mikey nodded, and went back to playing with James. Kyra had a shower and vigorously brushed her teeth before rejoining them in the room.

Mikey smiled as soon as he saw he, "Feel better?"

She nodded and went to her bag where she decided on what shoes she was going to wear.

"I think you should wear those shoes Kat got you last year for some holiday or something. You know, the red ones?"

"Since when do you care what shoes I wear?" She smirked.

"I really don't, but those are cute and it’s probably the same ones you would pick after spending twenty minutes on trying to decide."

Kyra rolled her eyes, knowing he was right. She picked them up out of her bag, putting them at the end of the bed, "When do you have to meet the guys?"

"I haven’t even called them yet. When do you meet Kat?"

Kyra shrugged, "Beats me."

Mikey laughed, "Do you want me to go a head and call the guys?" Mikey asked, wondering if he had made Kyra uncomfortable.

"No, let's just show up unannounced like they do to us," she answered, slipping her shoes on.

"So then would we be leaving now?"

"If you want to."

Mikey shrugged, "Its up to you."

"Why did you kiss me?" Kyra asked suddenly, looking back at him while fixing her shoe.

"I really don't know. Its just we where so close. I never really planned to kiss you, it just kind of happened. I only planned on hugging you and getting you all wet," Mikey told her honestly as he looked around the room, his gaze landing on anything but her.

"Alright, fine. Are you ready to go or what?"

Mikey nodded, sensing Kyra was upset with his answer. He didn't want to say anything else that might upset her. Kyra rolled her eyes and took James off of him to put him in his car seat, thinking if Mikey was just messing with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
six to go.