Status: Loves all the subscribers and commenters <3 The story is being updated as frequently as possible :)

Your Silver Bullets Won't Save You Now

Lost In A Fictional World

I heard the front door open; but thought nothing of it.

I sunk back into my book, hoping to ignore the outside world; just for a few more minutes.

I shifted slightly on my seat, pain searing through my limbs; I felt like I’d been run over; an unpleasant feeling; trust me. Last night still had my head reeling insanely.

Max…it was Max. He was a Galik. He has attacked me.

Seeing him at school today; I didn’t know what to do.

Every fibre in my being was screaming at me to kill him, but I couldn’t.

I should have killed him last night, but I couldn’t.

I heard a commotion downstairs and for a split second worried that Feher had arrived, declaring his love for me. My parents had been less than impressed with his out of control attack yesterday, that sent the Galik’s into attack mode.

I sighed heavily and put my book down and stormed to my door; throwing it open I was met with the sound of my mother growling.

I ran to the stairs a second Galik attack at the fore front of my mind, would they really attack again; already? Surely they had too many injuries to do something so reckless.

Jumping down the stairs, taking them three at a time; I skidded to a halt.

My mother had Max pinned to the wall, her sharp claws digging into his shoulder.

Why wasn’t he fighting against her? My question was already answered, his eyes were locked on mine; he knew.

“Mum, let him go.” She span around, clenching her claw in Max’s shoulder, he winced slightly; anger rose in me.

Her wolf form snarled at me; her teeth bared; she didn’t want to let him go.

“Mum, let. Him. Go.” I whispered in a deadly low voice.

She huffed and pulled back, letting him slide to the floor in a whimpering heap.

She walked backwards; growling. Turning, she ran out the door; no doubt going to feed.

I walked towards Max and knelt down beside him, he had his arms wrapped around himself, cradling his shoulder.

I carefully moved his arms away, his head snapped up; his eyes boring into me as he quizzically watched me.

His T-shirt was shredded; but thankfully it gave me a clear view of the wound.

It was deep, but not major; it’d be ok in a couple of days, less than that knowing the Galik’s ability to heal.

“It’ll heal.” I told him in an emotionless voice, before standing up and walking away from him.

I wouldn’t look at him as I spoke; “I think you should go.” I told him coldly.

I heard his footsteps near me; I probably should have been worrying that he was going to kill me, but instead I found myself just hoping he’d hold me.

I shook my head, something was wrong with me, I am meant to hate him.

“Carta, I-“ His breath tickled my neck.

I span around, pushing him away. “No, just go. Don’t expect me to save your life twice, my father will be home soon.”

He stared at me for a second…just stared. I felt like he was looking deeper into my soul than anyone ever had.

He took a couple of steps back; seemingly unwilling to leave. He took one last long look at me; it was as though he wanted to tell me something.

And then he left, running out of the door quicker than I thought possible.

I had a feeling that school tomorrow…would be awkward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello :)
Vampire's_Addiction here :)
I do hope you enjoyed this chapter! And there will be more soon :D