Status: Loves all the subscribers and commenters <3 The story is being updated as frequently as possible :)

Your Silver Bullets Won't Save You Now

Shadows

Everything seemed to happen so fast, one minute I was stood alone in my room, the next werewolves were descending on our house, the glowing red eyes having disappeared into the shadows.

They were preparing for war as I walked down the stairs forcing me to constantly duck and dodge practise punches and kicks. I saw Feher leaning up against the kitchen wall, I’d know his eyes were following me the second I left my room, but I made no attempt to acknowledge him.

Stealing a worried glance at my mother, who was undoubtedly aware of what I was about to do, I crept past all the wolves and went for the front door. I met my mother’s eyes for a brief moment, it was in that second I knew our relationship has changed, she no longer saw me as a child but maybe as an equal?

With an understanding I had yet to fathom in her eyes she whispered the words “good luck.”

My heart clenched slightly and I suddenly wanted to hug her, but knowing now was not the time nor the place, I slipped out into the blistery night and ran down the path, heading onto the road and immersing myself in the shadows that lined the empty streets.

While my pack prepared for a battle against an invisible force, that they could not win, I would do the only thing I can to help. I would get them back up. The Galik’s owed me, that’s how I saw it anyway. In sparing Max’s life, I had done them a favour.

Now I would ask them to spare the lives of my pack. I wasn’t convinced this made me a good role model as a future leader, admitting our weakness and asking our sworn enemies for help, but I wasn’t going to just let all the wolves die because we’re all too proud to admit we need help. If these creatures, these vampires are as bad as my mum and Fred said, then we need all the help we can get. No matter what form that help might be in.

And if they’re that evil, then surely the Galik’s would also be against them, they don’t sound like they’ve been around much recently, so maybe they were wiped out before, maybe they aren’t popular among the supernatural’s.

I sighed heavily and brushed a hand through my matted hair as I reached the end of my road. This was such a stupid idea, but I really didn’t know how else to save them. My mother had said the attack was imminent, well how imminent? I hadn’t seen any of these creatures and I’d walked from one side of my street to the other. If they were that close, why couldn’t I see them?

It was only then that the truth dawned on me. I couldn’t see my opponent, but that didn’t mean they couldn’t see me. As if picking up on my realisation the shadows seemed to come to life, what I had thought was the shadow from a tree twisted and contorted into a grotesque body, I span around looking for the shape that made such a shadow but found nothing.

The silent night became laced with a hissing sound as the wind picked up, whipping at my face and hair. I tried to stand my ground and be brave as shadows swirled around me and the noises grew louder, but I couldn’t, I couldn’t’ just stand there and wait for whatever was coming to happen, so I ran.

I’d never run so fast or with such focus, I wasn’t even aware of the moment when I’d transformed, it wasn’t until my brain registered that the four footsteps I could hear were in fact my own. I pounded along the pavements, not caring if any humans saw me, I just needed to put space between me and those shadows. On either side of me, when I’d cast a glance to the left or the right, the shadows towered over me with an intimidating depth.

I whined in fear and pushed myself harder, I didn’t even know where I was going or where I was heading. I’d lost all sense, I couldn’t even reach out with my mind and work out the best route for defence, I was so scared, I’d paralysed my mind.

The shadows lashed out at me, making small cuts on my legs, they ached with effort and the constant trickle of blood from the small wounds were beginning to gain in impact. I growled with expanded effort as I pushed myself forwards.

Light. I could see light.

Tucking my head down into the wind and locking my eyes on the orb of glowing light, I headed straight for it, subconsciously dodging various obstacles in my way. I could almost taste it now, the warm canopy of light that would chase away the shadows.

I broke through the light to dark barrier with a gleeful yip, and skidded to a stop in the circle of light. A lamppost; my saviour. I began to take in huge gulps of air:

which street was I on?

Which part of town was this?

How far had I run?

There were so many questions and so little time to answer them.

Taking another deep breath I closed my eyes in relief, but froze when, from behind my eyelids I noted a flashing light. Snapping my eyes open I forced myself to slowly look up at the bulb above me. I only now noticed that it had begun to rain each rain droplet was caught in the light and sparkled. My fur was beginning to become damp and my eyesight clouded with the attacking raindrops. I watched as the bulb faded slightly, then blinked on and off before fading again.

When it didn’t go out, I breathed out a sigh of relief and looked around me. The area the light was covering seemed less than I remembered. I moved into the very centre of the light, and listened intently, hoping I’d lost my chasers.

I could vaguely hear the sound of scratching and twisting metal. I wondered what it was they were breaking, but I already knew deep down in my heart. They were waiting, watching and waiting, knowing what was to come. I shut my eyes as a click echoed around the street and the bulb went out, the light disappearing into the shadows.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so it's been a while!
Hope you like this!!!
Oh and to all you commenters.....I Adore you <3