Status: Loves all the subscribers and commenters <3 The story is being updated as frequently as possible :)

Your Silver Bullets Won't Save You Now

Leonard

My heckles rose and a growl escaped my lips before I knew what was happening, crouched low I spun around, putting myself between Max and the new threat.

He stood bewildered, as his eyes flicked from the schemeing Feher, to the shadows where the voice had risen from.

"Who dares threaten me?" I shouted, my teeth grating against one another as I fought the change, eager to remain in control of myself.

The person who stepped forward, looked human, I couldn't even sense anything from him, until the wind changed direction. Feher was the first to react, grabbing Maz by the collar of his torn shirt and throwing him to the ground, "You set us up?" He screamed, preparing to shift.

Maz scramled backwards to his feet and put distance between himself and the growling Feher, "no, no I didn't. Honestly I didn't." He protested, as his eyes landed on me. "I wouldn't do that to you." He promised and I knew i believed him.

"Who are you?" I demanded to the tall stranger, through gritted teeth, as he sauntered forwards, his black jeans and leather shoes marked with dry mud.He was as tall as Max, maybe slightly taller and looked slightly older than all of us.

feher, whilst i'd been distracted by the stranger, had made his way towards Max and once again had him by the collar.

Rather than answering me, the stranger spoke over my head to Feher; "I'd appreciate it if you let my brother go."

()()

"Mum."

My mum paused and looked up from her paperwork, I stood in the doorway, my socked feet clencing the carpets every now and then. "Come in darling."

I walked forwards, shutting the door behind me; and slouched into one of the window seats, focusing on the garden. I picked up a pillow from where i'd knocked it onto the floor and begun pulling at loose threads.

"Mum, I think I'm in trouble."

She sighed and I heard her ruffling some papers, I focused on the pillow in front of me, my fingers pulling the threads longer and longer, my eyes beginning to cloud with tears.

"I saw Feher follow you out earlier, when your father called the pack for a meeting. Did he find out about Max?"

I nodded, tears rolling down my cheeks, "he said if I didn't marry him, then step down as leader; he'd tell the pack and I'd loose their respect."

I heard her growl and power rippled across the room, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. "That boy, I knew he would cause trouble, he's done nothing but chase at your father's heels and pester you, I don't understand why your father likes him so much. I can't stand him."

I smiled slightly, despite my sadness and put my feet on the floor, swivelling round as my mum sat next to me, looping an arm around me.

"An-And I was attacked earlier, by vampires, but all I could think of was saving Max, but then his brother turned up and I coul-"

"Vampire's attacked you?" She demanded, standing up and gripping hold of my shoulders, "are you ok? Was anyone hurt?"

I shook my head and looked up at her, she looked worried, "it was fine Max and I killed them all."

"You did? How, I-normally it takes a group of fully grown wolves to dispatch one vampire! How many of them were there? Do you know?"

"Erm, I'm not sure, I killed 3 or so and Max did the same."

"We need to tell your father, now. I've got an idea, an idea that might just help you."

"Mum?" I called as she ran out of the room, I stood up and sniffed loudly, wiping my nose on my arm, dropping the pillow onto the window seat. Was there a plan that could solve everything? I wasn't convinced. I'd just agreed to marry Feher, so that he wouldn't tell anyone about Max or his brother Leonard.

I thought back to Lenard, he'd seemed much more dangerous than Max ever could, but the way he'd so easily ordered Feher off of Max, I knew it meant that he would be a good leader.

Max had looked as shocked as we were and I know we'd promised each other to meet at midnight at the edge of the wolf-territory, but that wasn't for hours yet and I wanted to see him now, why had it seemed so awkward between him and his brother? And where had his brother been?

And most importantly, could he give me a good enough reason to stop me from marrying Feher?
♠ ♠ ♠
Afternoon <3