Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(12)Surprise

You slowly opened your eyes, as the birds in the surrounding forest came to your window and began to sing to you. You sat up in bed and noticed that is was open and wondered who had come into your room. Then you remembered the date you had had with Lunehtiel. You laid back and smiled, looking up at the ceiling. *I must have fallen asleep...* You vaguely remembered being held in his arms and then early in the morning him bringing you up to your bed. But he was no where to be seen now. None of the guys were actually and you wondered what was going on. You shrugged and got out of bed, sure that nothing bad had happened. As you got up you noticed a plate of eggs and toast on the table in the corner of your room and walked up to it. There was a rose and a note. You took the rose in your hand, holding it close to your rose while you opened the note and smiled reading what was inside.

Kira...
I had the best time of my life yesterday. I'm only sorry it could not last longer... But maybe sometime soon you'll forget my brothers and decide to be with me. We thought it would be better to let you sleep in, so we will be waiting downstairs.
Forever yours,
Lunehtiel

You put the rose and the note down and sighed in relief. They were ok... You were ok... everything was ok... You sat down and ate slowly, enjoying the morning sunlight and the singing of the birds, feeling more peaceful than you had felt in a long time. Things were ok for now, so you weren't going to let your mind be clouded by dark thoughts. You stood up and stretched going to the bathroom that connected to you room and scrubbed yourself clean in the shower, changing into a pair of tight jeans and a black shirt after you were done. You walked across the room and looked out the window, taking in the view of the forest, whose leaves were dropping off leaving the trees to soon be bare. You shivered as a cold wind blew into the room. Winter was coming soon, which wasn't bad since you loved the snow. You walked away from the window and found yourself in front of the closet that held the mysterious box that you had found a couple days ago. You put your hand on the closet door, wondering if you should open it and explore a bit more when a cry echoed into your room from the hallway. You held your breath for a second, realizing it was Kyo before you took off running. You looked through every open door as you went by and found that no one was in them so you flew down the stairs and into the kitchen.
You stopped dead in your tracks, seeing Chase holding Kyo down on the floor, while Lunehtiel watched them and shook his head and Noki sat at the table, sipping a cup of tea.
He looked up at you and half smiled as you approached them. "We didn't expect you to be up so soon."
You stared down at Chase and Kyo wondering why he wasn't as alarmed as you at the shrieking Kyo was making. "Well I could hardly still sleep with them making all this noise..." You turned and looked down at Kyo. "Am I interrupting something?"
Chase laughed and Kyo pushed him violently away and blushed as he looked up at you. "Nothing is going on he's just being stupid..."
"What were the two of you fighting about?" You asked looking at them then to Lunehtiel and Noki.
Kyo stood up and took your hand in his. "We were trying to decide who should get to go on a date with you next. We know it's up to you," he said quickly as you crossed your arms in front of you chest, "but we thought maybe if we decided for you then it would make it easier on you."
You smiled and rolled your eyes. "I appreciate it. But I've already decided who gets the next date... Noki."
Everyone stopped and stared at you, even Noki who looked like you were crazy.
"You can't be serious..." Chase whined taking your hand now away from Kyo. "I'm ten times the demon my brothers are and I could show you a lot better time," he said winking and you gave him a weird look, taking your hand away.
"You'll get your chance," you assured him and Kyo who looked like someone had taken away his cookie. "But now I choose Noki."
Noki looked at you in disbelief then his gaze turned rather cold. "Don't choose me next out of pity. If that's the case then leave me for last..."
You sighed and marched over to him. "It just so happens that I find you very interesting and would like to get to know you better, because maybe, just maybe, you'd be more willing to open up more without them around," you pointed at the other guys adding a quick, " no offense."
"But I didn't-"
"No!" you said loudly, but not in a mean way as you stuck your finger into his chest. "You're going to take me out, we're going to have a wonderful time and you're going to open up to me whether you like it or not!" And with that you turned quickly away from him, flipping your hair over your shoulder as you walked out of the kitchen leaving all the guys to stare after the way you had just went.
"Jeeze Noki..." Lunehtiel whispered, his eyes wide open from the suprise of what had just happened. "What'd you have to go and make her mad for?"
"But-"
Chase cut him off, "Yeah what'd she ever do to you?"
"I didn't mean-"
"Good going Nok..." Kyo finished and the three of them left the kitchen, with Noki still sitting there, with all his intelligence, wondering what the heck had just happened.

You went up to your room and slammed the door behind you, just to add to the effect then fell on your bed, giggling. You had put on a good show, but you had no choice. You wanted Noki to know that you wanted to go out with him, and not just because of pity. He had just as much of a shot at you that the others did, and he really did interest you a lot. So what if you were a little aggressive? At least you got through to him. Or so you hoped...
A knock at the door quieted you and you answered in a slightly annoyed voice, "Come in."
Noki opened the door a little and peeked in, seeing you laying on your bed. He cleared his throat a little as you looked up at him and crossed your arms over your chest again, glaring at the window across from your bed. "Did you need something?"
"I just wanted to apologize..." Noki said softly, shuffling uncomfortably as he stood beside your bed. "I was out of line... but you have to understand that no girl has ever given me the chance that you are about to. It... makes me nervous to say the least.
You looked over at him sadly then smiled and got out f bed, and hugged him. "See that's what I'm talking about. Open up to me... I want to know the real you."
You weren't sure, but you could have swore that Noki blushed for a second before hugging you. "I really am happy that you chose me..."
You giggled and pushed him back smiling at him. "Well it was between you, Kyo and Chase and between you and me I think they're just a bit too weird for me."
"Hey!" Someone yelled from behind your door and it was followed by a, "Nice going stupid..."
You laughed and opened the door and in came Kyo, tumbling to the floor. He smiled up at you innocently, and Chase just shook his head sighing.
You looked over at Noki and the both of you laughed.
"I guess we'll make it for tomorrow then?" Noki asked as you pushed Kyo and Chase back out into the hall and you nodded before pushing him out along with them. "And make sure it's a good date!" you smiled and waved as you closed the door.