Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(30)A desperate situation

You ran from the house, not too sure where you were going to go. You didn't want to bother Jake again, but right now he was the only one who could really help you. You remembering him this morning, telling you how he thought you were beautiful, and wondered if maybe he was hoping for something more than friendship. But you shook the thought from your head. If Jake had wanted anything more from you, he would have asked a long time again. Not when you were in such a mess with all these demons....
You sighed and decided to head to his house, at least going to ask if you could stay for a few days until things calmed down a little with the guys. You were sure Ariel could handle things there, she was their sister after all. *And who am I?* you wondered, stopping in the middle of the street. *Just some girl that got dropped on them... if my house hadn't burned down I bet they never would have asked me to move in with them. I wish things hadn't changed so much...* you sighed, resolving not to cry, and wrapped your arms around yourself as a light rain began to fall from the sky.
"Kira?"
You looked up, squinting through the rain and saw...
"Jake? What are you doing out here?" You asked running up to him as he did the same to cover the distance between you.
He smiled and looked down to the ground, "I was worried about you... And you said that you lived right down the road through the forest. So I was coming to make sure you'd be ok."
You looked up at him, so caring, and went into his arms, crying. He held onto you, tight, "Kira... what happened?"
"I don't know," you cried into his chest, feeling real comfort for the first time in a long time. "I just... need to get away for a little while. Can we go back to your house?"
Jake looked over your shoulder to the house looming behind you in the distance and remembered the promised words of Sato...
"Just bring me Kira... and I'll make sure you and her are together forever..." he had whispered so sneakily.
"And..." Jake stumbled for words, not even believing he was bargaining with the guy you had spoke so bad about. "You won't hurt her? You'll let us go...?"
"On my word as a fallen angel," Sato bowed, trying to control his laughter. As if fallen angels had any honor to give people their word. But Jake was stupid enough to believe him, and he wanted to get you away from those demons. He felt like you were in serious trouble, and just thinking about you with one of them instead of with him still made him angry... Who were they to just come in and steal you away, anyway?
He nodded to himself and shook Sato's hand, making a deal.
Now here he was, once again in moral dilemma. He knew taking you to Sato was bad, or at least he felt like it was in his gut, but he didn't have any other choice. He wouldn't stand a chance against those other guys...
"Alright, let's go back," Jake said, uneasily.
You could hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes that something was wrong. "Jake... what's going on?" You asked trying to back away from him, but he held on to your wrist not letting you go.
"I'm so sorry, Kira," he said, tears coming to his eyes. "Run! Go before he finds you-"
"Stupid boy," Sato's voice came from the sky and the trees around you.
It was like a cold wind hitting you, suddenly knowing what Jake had done. And as he released you, you tried to run but Sato swooped down and hit you from the side, making you fly into a near by tree. You hit it hard, and fell to the ground with a thunk.
"Kira!" Jake cried, trying to run to you, but Sato dropped down in front of him, laughing.
"You thought I'd actually keep my word?" he asked, teasing Jake. "I'm a fallen angel... and now you die."
Jake could only stare at you, as you raised your head, and looked up at him, and Sato brought out a huge sword of fire and ran it through him.
"No!!!!" You screamed, trying to get up, and run to him, but someone stopped you and you saw something big fly by and hit Sato in the chest, knocking him back.
"No! Jake! No!" You screamed trying to run to him, but Chase held you back with his arms around you.
"Kira... he's already gone..." Chase said looking at Jake's limp, unmoving form on the ground blood flowing out of the wound Sato had made.
"Let me go!" You screamed hysterically, hitting Chase, begging him to let you go.
"Let her go, Chase," Lunehtiel said from behind. "Sato's gone..."
Chase reluctantly let you go and you ran to Jake, falling behind him, not caring for the pain in your now torn knees and bruised side from hitting the tree. You put your hands on him, turning him over, blood getting all over you, but you held his head in your lap, crying and whispered over and over again, "No... Jake... you don't be dead... you're not dead..."
Kyo began to walk up to you, to comfort you, but Noki held out his arm in front of him. "No... let her be. This is her pain..."
Kyo nodded, but looked at you with such sympathy. He knew how you felt... Sato had killed his mother the same way right in front of his eyes.
You held onto Jake... willing with all your being for him not to be dead. You would have even given your own life force if that's what it would take. You couldn't hear or feel anything, as you were concentrating so hard on it.
"Look..." Chase poked Noki, as he had turned around to walk back to the house. His eyes widened as he looked back at you, because you were glowing with a soft purple light.
*Don't be dead... don't be dead... you're not dead...* you thought over and over again and the guys watched in awe as Jake's wounds began to fill and his blood disappear from the ground.
"What's happening...?” kyo asked, looking at Noki worriedly. Actually all the guys looked at Noki because this had to be some kind of magic.
"Just look, my brothers," he said pointing back to you. "Isn't it obvious? She's healing him."
"But, how..." Lunehtiel asked shaking his head. "She never told us she had any kind of powers."
"She probably never knew," Noki explained. "This is most likely the very first time it's ever come out, because she so desperately cares for that boy."
You felt warm as you opened your eyes, like you had when Ariel had healed you that day you made it out of Hell, and looking down at Jake you were shocked and amazed, and relieved to see him opening his eyes. "J-jake...?"
"Kira..." he whispered dryly, looking around to see what was going on. "What happened? Why are you holding me?"
You couldn’t believe it. Jake was alive... and talking. "You... were dead... I thought so anyway... oh Jake..." you wrapped your arms around him as he sat up and cried into his shoulder.
"He was dead," Noki said, coming up to the two of you. "You brought him back."
You looked up at Noki and almost started laughing, if it wasn't for the serious situation. "I think i would have noticed before now that I could heal things."
"No," he pulled you up to your feet as Jake stood up and looked around at you all like you were crazy. "This was a desperate situation... what were you thinking while holding on to him?"
"That he wasn't dead..." you said softly looking over to him. "That he would be ok..."
"Well there you have it," Noki said as if it was the simplest thing in the world, and then added for more understanding, "You're a witch."