Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(4)Fate

You stared at the group like they were crazy. There was no freaking way you were going to be forced into whatever twisted game they were playing so you got up and bolted for the door forgetting how fast Kyo was. He had you before you even took three steps and picked you up so you couldn't get away. You struggled fiercely against him though, trying to bite and scratch or draw some kind of blood, but it didn't seem to phase him even when you made contact and he gently put you back into your chair where he stood beside you, now with his hand firmly on your shoulder.
"Listen guys," you said trying not to sound freaked out, "I... don't know what kind of joke this is, but I don't want to be any part of it. Just let me go and I won't have you arrested."
Chase laughed as he crossed his arms and leaned against the back of the couch. The boy in the shadows seemed to sneer and Kyo gave them both a dangerous look.
"Let us explain Kira," he said soothingly as he took his hand from your shoulder and sat down across from you in the couch. You knew you couldn't run so that idea was instantly out the window and they all knew it so you pulled your knees up to your chest and nodded for them to start.
Kyo looked uncomfortable and Chase looked you up and down like a piece of meat. No one spoke for long moments until you heard a soft coughing in the dark corner and the unknown boy began to speak. "As I said, you will marry one of us. The choice is yours of course, but it will be between the three of us."
You nodded and gazed into the corner seeing the pale grey color of his eyes shine through. "Ok... keep going..."
He coughed again. "And what more do you need to know? You don't have a choice in the matter so you will have to accept whatever we chose to tell you or not tell you."
You cheeks burned with anger. Who was this guy to say these things to you?
"I'm sorry for my brother's rude behavior," Kyo stood up and walked over to you. "It's just... this isn't easy for us either. We all have to try and win your heart, but only one will succeed..."
"Why do you have to do this?" You asked as if it was obvious.
"It's fate..." the shadowed boy spoke in barely a whisper, a slight mocking tone in his voice. "A seer has predicted it and so it shall be. The only thing she failed to mention was which one of us it would be. So here we are..."
You looked at Kyo for answers since you trusted him more than the others. "You're joking right...? Right...?"
Kyo looked sadly down to the floor and shook his head. "That's why I wanted you to fake being my girlfriend..."
"Wait a minute!" Chase said angrily hopping over the couch. "You already asked her to be your girlfriend?"
"No, idiot!" Kyo pushed him away from him as he got too close. "I just wanted to keep her from being with any other guy."
You blushed... They actually thought any other guy wanted you. "Hate to tell you guys, but I've never been with another guy in my life."
There was an akward silence after that. Even shadow boy seemed amazed by the fact. "You're so beautiful though..."
Kyo crouched down in front of you and stroked a piece of hair from your face. "Maybe it really is fate..."
You felt your entire body grow warm with his touch and then Chase pulled Kyo away jealously. "We also agreed to spend time with her separately. I call first dibs!"
You suddenly felt like some kind of object... These guys didn't seem to care about you... And the fact that they had gotten all their information about you through a seer made you question if they were lying. "Well this has been fun," you announced as you stood up. "But I have to be getting back to planet Earth now. See you later, stoners." You once again made a run for the door, but Kyo was too quick.
"There's more..." He said gravely and you crossed your arms.
"I don't want to hear anymore. You guys are obviously crazy and trying to get me involved in some cult or something. Well I'm not into it so just back off!" Your anger forced Kyo to let you go and you tossed your hair over your shoulder before continuing to walk for the door.
You heard a faint sigh from somewhere behind you and the soft ruffling of footsteps coming closer. You turned to face the enemy approaching and came face with the shadowed boy. He grabbed your wrist and held onto it gently, as if his arm might break if you tried to wrench yourself away. But his eyes shone with power and you knew not to move.
"We are demons..." he said in a raspy voice, never taking his eyes from yours.
"I don't believe you," you tried to say boldly, but it came out as a whimper. "You're crazy."
"Let her go, Noki," Kyo begged, but he didn't approach the two of you. It was as if the power inside of Noki was holding both him and Chase at bay.
You and Noki stared at each other for awhile before he released his grip on you and shuffled over to a chair when he sat down exhausted.
You looked at him, almost worried, but then remember what was going on. "Please just let me go home..."
"I'll take you there," Kyo offered and even though you declined he still walked with you.
It was quiet at first, except for the slight rain fall and thunder in the distance. You didn't want to speak to this crazy guy and he seemed lost in his own thoughts until you were almost home.
"I hope you will learn to trust us," he said silently as he held the umbrella above the two of you, looking into your eyes. "At least... to trust me."
You turned to him to respond, but found his lips on yours in a soft kiss. Then as you opened your eyes you saw that he was gone...
♠ ♠ ♠
Well… for those of you who might know what Dragonlance is, I based Noki off of Raistlin. Actually all of my characters are based off of one guy or another who had some big impact in my life. And when I was younger I was completely in love with him…